GUILTY FL - Astronaut Lisa Nowak arrested in kidnap attempt, 5 Feb 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WhiteWolf said:
Did you listen to the second hearing today? I thought it was said Nowak obtained information about Shipman from BO's computer without his permission, but I don't know if that means hacking his email or taking the info directly from his computer.

I wonder what the testimony was that the DA didn't want to reveal in court to support raising the charges to attempted murder?

I'm glad the judge added a larger bond and more protection for Shipman with regards to the GPS tracking device for Nowak.
I watched it and was wondering what the DA was referring to also. I did understand that Nowak allegedly was armed with a BB gun and pepper spray, but her attorney argued that the BB gun wasn't operable. LE found a pepper spray package, an unused BB-gun cartridge, latex gloves and e-mails between Oefelein and Colleen Shipman inside Nowak's car.

Ha ha re: Depends and Leno!

How would you like to go on a long trip in small, enclosed quarters with her?!

The first thing that came to my mind when hearing about this was that she may have a severe manifestation of a personality disorder. She planned it unbelievably well, so I believe she is fully sane. Someone with a personality disorder is not at all necessarily legally, "insane".

She also seems to be a tad bit obsessive. Well, more like over the top of a mountain in that area. And, since this was planned better than any murder mystery writer of fiction could probably ever imagine, buzz's theory may be correct.

I am very glad that she was caught before she could commit murder. She is very dangerous, and I hope she receives a long prison term for the safety of whoever gets in her way.

Lion

LionRun said:
The first thing that came to my mind when hearing about this was that she may have a severe manifestation of a personality disorder. She planned it unbelievably well, so I believe she is fully sane. Someone with a personality disorder is not at all necessarily legally, "insane".

She also seems to be a tad bit obsessive. Well, more like over the top of a mountain in that area. And, since this was planned better than any murder mystery writer of fiction could probably ever imagine, buzz's theory may be correct.

I am very glad that she was caught before she could commit murder. She is very dangerous, and I hope she receives a long prison term for the safety of whoever gets in her way.

Lion
I'm hoping that since she's going to be free on bail that she gets a thorough psychiatric evaluation.

She thought no one would ever suspect her, and she is already using her astronaut status to get her preferential treatment and consideration. Her attorney kept saying it was a mistake, I already don't like him.

WhiteWolf said:
She thought no one would ever suspect her, and she is already using her astronaut status to get her preferential treatment and consideration. Her attorney kept saying it was a mistake, I already don't like him.
A 900 mile mistake. Ok, whatever! :rolleyes:

Both charges seem extreme to me...

How do they know she was going to kidnap the women rather then kill her right there in the airport parking lot? The attempted murder charge seems extreme as well since all she really did was knock on the car window.

I am not saying she is not a complete loon.. just that I don't think they have the legal evidence to convict her.

Amraann said:

How do they know she was going to kidnap the women rather then kill her right there in the airport parking lot? The attempted murder charge seems extreme as well since all she really did was knock on the car window.

I am not saying she is not a complete loon.. just that I don't think they have the legal evidence to convict her.
I would have to agree with you (on the lack of evidence) otherwise why would her bail be only $15K on attempted kidnapping and $10K on attempted murder??? Seems rather low if they feel she might be guilty of both charges, don't you think?

Amraann said:

I agree on this.. She didn't kill the woman and she didn't kidnapp her either.. She simply used pepper spray. However, she did have evidence that doesn't look good.. hum.. I wonder how this is going to turn out..

LNL said:
I read somewhere that her son is 14, a freshman in high school and her twin daughters are 5.
Thanks! I hadn't been able to find that, but it's still really sad for the kids.

PaperDoll said:
I agree on this.. She didn't kill the woman and she didn't kidnapp her either.. She simply used pepper spray. However, she did have evidence that doesn't look good.. hum.. I wonder how this is going to turn out..
I'd think that they'd have enough evidence for the attempted kidnapping, vehicle burglary, etc. but the attempted murder conviction might rely on the steel mallet, knife, rubber tubing and large garbage bags found in her possession. It also seems to me that the $25,000 bail and GPS device were because of her "status" whereas someone else might still be in jail.

Yeah it's sad; they will only be able to see her through glass; all over a man too.

Smurf said:
Yeah it's sad; they will only be able to see her through glass; all over a man too.
I'll be curious to see how her husband reacts to this.

Hope this link works...
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/6_1_1.asp?id=152

there was at least ten days during a training session where these two(William Oefelein and Lisa Nowak) were together, along with other astronauts, in a survival exercise.

The USAF link to this article seems to have been removed...this one is still up.

Don't know if it means anything...probably not...I'm just being a 'sleuther'.

She just posted bail....

She looks nothing like the photo shown.

love makes you crazy.

unrequited love, can make you REALLY crazy.

but charging her with attempted murder, i disagree entirely.
no one shows up to a murder scene with a bb gun.

i think she will be found innocent of attempted murder.
stalking maybe, assault. not murder.
i think she even knew she was up *advertiser censored* creek and was about
to just beat that other womans *advertiser censored* and leave.

~lwr~

lightwaveryder said:
love makes you crazy.

unrequited love, can make you REALLY crazy.

but charging her with attempted murder, i disagree entirely.
no one shows up to a murder scene with a bb gun.

i think she will be found innocent of attempted murder.
stalking maybe, assault. not murder.
i think she even knew she was up *advertiser censored* creek and was about
to just beat that other womans *advertiser censored* and leave.

~lwr~
What about the hammer, knife, gloves and trash bags. What was she going to do with them?

How do you get from sailing, rubber stamping, gourmet cooking and a love of african violets to driving 900 miles in a diaper to supposedly scare a lady who is exchanging e-mails with the man you want but isn't your husband? How do you get there?

Shipman flew from Houston to Orlando, if Nowak just wanted to talk to her, why didn't she talk to Shipman in Houston? Nowak had to know for a few days that Shipman was going to fly to Orlando.

WhiteWolf said:
Shipman flew from Houston to Orlando, if Nowak just wanted to talk to her, why didn't she talk to Shipman in Houston? Nowak had to know for a few days that Shipman was going to fly to Orlando.
Yes,exactly, why drive 900 miles just to talk with someone she could've seen in Houston~ with the disguise and the knife and steel mallet? Sounds to me like she wanted more than just to scare her and talk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back