FL FL - Austin Stephanos & Perry Cohen, both 14, Jupiter, 24 July 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so SM is saying the boys were NOT going to Bahamas. The were supposed to be fishing in the river and went out into inlet just as a storm was coming in. The tweet about the Bahamas was probably a joke. What's not a joke is that these two boys were out fishing and are now lost at sea. :-(

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ok, so SM is saying the boys were NOT going to Bahamas. The were supposed to be fishing in the river and went out into inlet just as a storm was coming in. The tweet about the Bahamas was probably a joke. What's not a joke is that these two boys were out fishing and are now lost at sea. :-(

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Thank you for the clarification! That was the part that left me scratching my head.

I cannot fathom what their families are going through. I pray this has a happy ending. I suspect it will not, like so many others.

Really, it just seems at this point a matter of finding them. It seems extremely unlikely their boat has capsized, or that they've fallen off it somehow. And they've only been missing since Friday afternoon. Prayers they are located today, thirsty and tired. It seems the most likely outcome.

How has the weather been in that area lately?

I'm in SWFL, not near Jupiter. Our weather has been horrible. Rainiest weekend of the summer. Minor flooding and strong gusts of wind. I can imagine if they are traveling south they have ran into some of it as it crosses the state.

I'm not concerned with these boys only being 14. There are boating courses and certifications available to them. My oldest had looked into it when we lived in SWF, and I was shocked at how young they could be to do this. Fast forward to now, my youngest is 16, and although he is too young for his private pilot's license, his instructors have signed him off to fly our small plane on his own. After time, you just rely on their skills that have been proven. I hope these boys just ran out of fuel and are waiting for rescue. I'm just surprised they have not radioed in for help. In my experience, even the smaller 19ft boats have a radio to alert the marinas and coast guard if necessary.

This Coast Guard twitter account tweeted for Austin & Perry earlier today. I'm refreshing it constantly hoping to see a confirmation there, too, soon. ON closer look, this just looks to be all CG news aggregated.

https://twitter.com/CGLiveApp

CNN chanel has picked up this story. Interviewed searchers and family. Family stated that these boys are very comfortable on the water. Hopefully someone more tech savy than myself can find a link and post. Searchers sound to still be entertaining the possibility of Bahamas as destination. I had thought that was only a rumor?

CNN chanel has picked up this story. Interviewed searchers and family. Family stated that these boys are very comfortable on the water. Hopefully someone more tech savy than myself can find a link and post. Searchers sound to still be entertaining the possibility of Bahamas as destination. I had thought that was only a rumor?

One of the boys' mothers said that the family, along with their son, had boated to the Bahamas before, so maybe the boys went there. She suggested it as a possibility - my feeling is it's wishful thinking as it's better than many other possible scenarios.

https://www.facebook.com/CBS12News

BREAKING: Coast Guard locates capsized boat off coast of Jacksonville. Towing it in & will review registration to see if it related to missing Jupiter, Florida boys.

I can't believe they don't send a diver in with a diving flashlight into the water right now to read the boat registration number right now. They have to tow it in and then check?

My heart hurts at the thought of the boys not being with the boat. I wonder how close to shore it was found....if it turns out to be theirs that is. If it isn't theirs I wonder if someone else is in trouble?

I imagine they went to fish the gulf stream,better fishing and it is only 1-2 miles out from coast.I sportfished a few years out of Port of Palm Beach in a smaller boat a 16 ft.but never would I go if the weather turned bad.You haul your butt back to shore when you see something coming.And no word if they had a radio,I would assume they did and capsized before they could call.I doubt they had life vests on because most fisherman do not,had them in the boat but hardly wore them.I pray they are found together floating on a cooler or something from the boat that is the only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills