FL FL - Austin Stephanos & Perry Cohen, both 14, Jupiter, 24 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF they had put them on they would have fastened them to keep them on. If they came off of them on their own, meaning if the boys did not take them off, they would have been found still fastened. I'm trying to respond to this without being so graphic and still make sense, but it's hard. What I'm trying to say is there are many things that can happen to a person in the ocean who is floating in a life vest. If that person's body is no longer able to keep that vest on... KWIM?... it's going to be found still fastened. In the picture that was on a link upthread the vest that was shown was not fastened. I tend to think those vests could have blown out of any boat during the weather/rough seas.

I would be worried that a shark would eat my legs and lower torso.

I don't think the boys ever swam to shore. JMO

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...ng-teens-families-no-longer-taking-onl/nnDGJ/
And late Wednesday afternoon, a post on the Find Perry and Austin- SC facebook page indicated the search needed to focus on the shoreline between Beaufort, S.C. and Cape Hatteras, N.C. because of “new developments.”The post reads:
“Please bring your kayaks, paddle boards, small boats, ATVs or simply yourself to the shore for a day and walk the beaches, ride the trails, or make your way through shallow water. We are concerned that something might have happened to the boys after they might have swum to shore, so please look around between the waterline and the first road.”......
....It is not clear from the post the reason the families are concentrating their search on that area.

WHAT!!! This is just too bazaar!!!!

Oh you haven't seen strange yet. I can't even post it here because it's facebook stuff.... So so so many inconsistencies. From day 1. This is going to explode soon, people are MAD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone would be so kind to post the link to the Facebook group where all of this is going on? All of the ones that I have found have little activity.

Oh you haven't seen strange yet. I can't even post it here because it's facebook stuff.... So so so many inconsistencies. From day 1. This is going to explode soon, people are MAD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mad as in crazy, or mad angry?

And that is exactly what I was getting at. Shark attacks have been crazy this year, but that still didn't concern me until I saw a video posted in this thread of a drone showing just how many of them are out there off the coast in that area. It had to be hundreds! I honestly don't think the boys had time to even think of getting the life vests on, if they even had them. My theory is they took that engine cover off to try and restart the motor after taking on water and being dead in the water as they were that boat capsized so fast they were thrown over. Taking into account any injuries they sustained in that capsizing and the bait on board the boat... easy targets I'm afraid. I hope if that did happen that it was quick.

Would love to know what the new development is that inspired searching the shorelines between Beaufort SC and Cape Hatteras NC.
I live in Beaufort, the county consists of hundreds of islands, over 300 are undeveloped marsh islands. There are thousands of tourists enjoying the shoreline between here and Cape Hatteras . Can you imagine the number of tackle boxes and orange life vests that the searches will find and turn into LE because the item looks similar to the ones pictured on the flyer ? Poor LE !! What a mess.

I have a question for locals around the Jupiter/Palm area with experience on the ocean. Considering the gulf stream and eddies IF the boys managed to jump off the boat safely avoiding it capsizing with them in it and IF they managed to avoid sharks (rationally I know it's a long shot but... ) Where would/could they end up if they got caught in an eddy out there? Which direction might that have pulled them? Is there somewhere that would have that data to pull up and look at the circulation for that day and make a guess? Because I would think (and mind you I have no clue really) that it might take them past Bermuda toward Europe. Of course I don't believe they'd survive that long and miraculously "wash up" there one day, I'm just trying to understand how searchers are figuring they made it to NC/SC.

Don't get your hopes up about new developments. This happens every night and
Nothing ever happens. I think some people like to rile everyone up.

Then you would probably drown from being panicked long before a shark bit you. Yeah, people get killed by sharks but do the math for how many people are in the water vs shark deaths. I had a friend that spent the night drifting in the ocean after the boat that was following him while diving lost him. He had things bumping into him during the night. Coast Guard finally found him alive and well. I have taken my daughter and her friends to swim with dolphins to same spot a person was bit by a shark while swimming with dolphins. Sharks are least of your problems, forget the movie Jaws and Robert Shaw's account of the Indianapolis with all the dead bodies in the ocean. While based on true events that particular scene was written by John Milius (Apocalypse Now) for his friend, Steven for maximum impact.

If they were lucky, the kids probably only got a chance to grab at a vest when the boat rolled. If they held onto it, think about how hard it would be to secure it to your body while in the water. Your face is inches from the surface with white water dumping on you.

Don't die before the shark bites you...

[video=youtu;RMMU6sJhnFM]http://youtu.be/RMMU6sJhnFM[/video]

M,

I'm saying a coast guard diver inspected the boat. No clues.

What clues are you expecting a capsized in salt water boat to have? Salt water is one of the must corrosive liquids on Earth.
Missing Jupiter Teens' Boat Could Have Provided Key Clues: Former CG Investigator

http://cbs12.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_28073.shtml?wap=0

PALM BEACH COUNTY (CBS12) -- A former Coast Guard accident investigator tells CBS12 that Austin and Perry’s boat could have provided clues. That boat is now lost at sea.

“The boat could have provided clues, could have got information on engine or whether there were clogged fuel lines or something like that,” former Coast Guard Rescue swimmer and crash investigator Mario Vittone.

Swam to shore? Sheesh. Wasn't the boat found 67 nautical miles from any shore, in the middle of bad weather? It's one thing to have hope and it's another to be so deep in denial that one is delusional.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...ng-teens-families-no-longer-taking-onl/nnDGJ/
And late Wednesday afternoon, a post on the Find Perry and Austin- SC facebook page indicated the search needed to focus on the shoreline between Beaufort, S.C. and Cape Hatteras, N.C. because of “new developments.”The post reads:
“Please bring your kayaks, paddle boards, small boats, ATVs or simply yourself to the shore for a day and walk the beaches, ride the trails, or make your way through shallow water. We are concerned that something might have happened to the boys after they might have swum to shore, so please look around between the waterline and the first road.”......
....It is not clear from the post the reason the families are concentrating their search on that area.

http://news.pbso.org/findaustinandperry/
Today, at 7:45 am, a search on a PBSO Marine Unit vessel using a specially trained cadaver dog began at the Jupiter Inlet and went north on the Intracoastal Waterway to the county line. This area included Coral Cove Park, Burt Reynolds Park, Burt Winters Park, and Juno Park. The pattern continued south to the Lake Worth Inlet.Special consideration was given to the mangrove areas lining both sides of the waterway. Macarthur State Park and Munyon Island, both located about 4 to 5 miles respectively north of the Lake Worth Inlet were given additional attention due to the many marshes within the mangroves.The search proceeded north from Munyon Island inspecting the many bridges and abutments between there and the Jupiter Inlet. Unfortunately this search yielded negative results.

If I was the family the life jackets would give me hope.
And if they are the boys you would think they are together, what would the chance be of them being together unless they were tied together trying to keep from separating. What is on the land where the jackets were located.

I would think that if they did belong to the boys, the fact that they are not with the kids is not a good sign at all. I would think that the boys would have hung on to them, as they can be used again (if needed, as something to wave, for searching planes to spot (orange color), and as pillows/cushions, etc.

Also, as others have already mentioned, those particular Life Jackets are the most popular type, and are aboard thousands of (especially smaller, Inshore) boats. They are the least expensive kind, so many boaters buy them, not thinking they will ever actually need to use them, especially if they mostly boat in calm, protected waters. They just tend to buy the least expensive ones, to satisfy the Boating Regulations.

There are so many of them, and they all look almost exactly alike. Unless the family marked their last name on them, how would anyone know if these two actually belonged to the boys?

Dogs were sent to check them out, right? Didn't hear any more of that so I guess the dogs said 'No'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak