FL FL - Austin Stephanos & Perry Cohen, both 14, Jupiter, 24 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
11781890_10203439395186041_3042045800647778700_n.jpg

Pictures taken from a camera on a buoy off the coast of NC - Cape Hatteras.

It's definitely something. This is not just breaking waves, there is some color and odd shapes. Something is floating there, but of course it might just be completely unrelated debris. Oceans are full of debris.

Your right definitely something! It's in the right area for the time frame people had come up with for them floating with the current.

I think the sheer vastness is hard to comprehend for most people.
The square miles that have to be covered is unimaginable.
It is literally a needle in a haystack type of thing.

The searchers try to estimate where to look using estimated drift maps and current but it is still just a best guess and means a very large area is involved. Many square miles and trying to find a small object bobbing along with the white caps is very difficult.

If you have ever flown over portions of the Atlantic you get a sense of how difficult the task is.

I never quite understood the word "vast" until one particular hunting trip I went on years ago. We had hiked for miles in the deep woods and it was a really neat trip. When we were at our campsite someone brought out a map and showed us where we were and how far we had walked. It was at that moment was the first time I finally understood what vast meant.

On the map, we had only walked just a tiny tiny section about 1/2 inch long and the woods on the map covered the entire page.

Finding things in the ocean is a lot harder than most of us realize. Look at the Malaysian airline almost 18 months ago.

From my brother the fisherman:
The boys were in a 19ft Sea Craft which has a notably low transom.
He said the type of boat wouldn't matter though at 19ft against 8 foot waves crashing 2-3 minutes apart.
A nightmare, really...

why not cling to the buoy if that's someone there? More likely debris IMO, sadly..

How far is the "mystery debris" spotted by the buoy from the search grid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my brother the fisherman:
The boys were in a 19ft Sea Craft which has a notably low transom.
He said the type of boat wouldn't matter though at 19ft against 8 foot waves crashing 2-3 minutes apart.
A nightmare, really...

Did your brother say anything to you about how much of a risk sharks are to humans out in open water? Maybe you know? (I noticed your location.)

The location of the buoy-
5f1520934fc6debf43bf6a9247cb8e95.jpg

I saw the original post when it was made, I pointed this out to the group, which got ignored in favor of altering the color in other pictures to look like something we didn't originally see.

This is the original picture I saw and pointed out.
a5c60acf3f16fe469218da21c45ef1cb.jpg

I want to hope so bad this is them and I pray they are alive. For some reason I keep thinking they must horribly sunburnt but will take it if they are recused alive. I am following the thread someone posted earlier at the boating forum and those members (most of them) are so positive and have such great knowledge and experience that between that and the massively unrated USCG - people are just doing an amazing job to try to find and rescue these boys.

Edited to add: I think highly of all our US military personnel all over the world - I do think the USCG doesnt get the credit or recognition they deserve for the fantastic job they do day in and day out!

Did your brother say anything to you about how much of a risk sharks are to humans out in open water? Maybe you know? (I noticed your location.)

Huge risk....my brother has had his videos of his run ins with sharks recorded on video (go pro cameras-underwater) & they've appeared in televised documentaries. Sharks are often caught by him when he's recalling in his catch---the sharks are on line eating his fish!
Big shark problem here since large net commercial fishing has been banned.

(I have my share of tales with "land sharks" here! Lol!)

Rainy, thunderstorm evening from Jupiter up to Jacksonville, FL....all along the Atlantic, btw.

You can see that there is something out there in a few of them, but the other pictures' altering and circling is too suggestive and it's making people see what they're told they see.

I saw the original post when it was made, I pointed this out to the group, which got ignored in favor of altering the color in other pictures to look like something we didn't originally see.

This is the original picture I saw and pointed out.
a5c60acf3f16fe469218da21c45ef1cb.jpg

Do you think it's been altered or added to with the color change? I see people keep saying the family does not want the pics posted, why is that? Do they believe it's a hoax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member