FL FL - Austin Stephanos & Perry Cohen, both 14, Jupiter, 24 July 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know I have three posts in a row but I have another thought: It's not really surprising what's happening here. Remember the FB group? There have been thousands of people who have been speculating that Perry and Austin are still alive. The parents' also have money and connections which means they can get as big of an investigation/search as they want. They also have lawyers to make sure no media outlet publishes any article that isn't 100% positive towards them. The parents are extremely privledged, living in a bubble, and it shows. This is what happens when you can buy whatever you want.

I would love an investigative reporter to look more into the media coverage of this case. I wouldn't be surprised if the families are paying the media. It's interesting how the MSM has never mentioned how wealthy the families are, nor has the family faced any criticism for allowing the boys to go out on a boat unsupervised. I don't even think they talked about those nfl players who went missing at sea almost a year later. I really think they are buying media coverage. It's too positive towards the parents, and this type of story would be considered old news a week after it happened. At the very least, there's a lot going on to keep the case in the news. Maybe lawyers who threaten the media if they write anything they don't approve of. I definitely think there is a blackout when it comes to the parents' wealth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask a question? So what if the parents are "buying" media attention. There has been plenty of attention paid to the fact that the parents have money. Go back in the original stories. If my son was missing, and if I had money and could buy attention your dang right I would do any and everything I could to keep my kids in the minds of everyone I could. Come on most parents would!! So at the end of the day I don't fault them one bit for that!! MOO

Here is a link about the fact that the reward is $100,000 so obviously the family has money. Adding in Joe Namath would also allow one to assume the family had money. Again MOO

http://heavy.com/news/2015/07/perry...arch-photos-coast-guard-parents-family-video/

I agree - so what if they are paying for it? if my child was missing I would do whatever I could....

Can I ask a question? So what if the parents are "buying" media attention. There has been plenty of attention paid to the fact that the parents have money. Go back in the original stories. If my son was missing, and if I had money and could buy attention your dang right I would do any and everything I could to keep my kids in the minds of everyone I could. Come on most parents would!! So at the end of the day I don't fault them one bit for that!! MOO

Here is a link about the fact that the reward is $100,000 so obviously the family has money. Adding in Joe Namath would also allow one to assume the family had money. Again MOO

http://heavy.com/news/2015/07/perry...arch-photos-coast-guard-parents-family-video/

Buying media coverage about your sons who died in an accident is not something I agree with. I'm tired of people whose loved ones go missing be accused of not trying hard enough when their cases don't get enough media attention. Sorry but not every parent can write a check. These parents are not grieiving more just because they have more resourcs at their disposal. I also have to disagree with you that there's been attention paid to the families' wealth. A middle-class family could get a 100k reward through donations. There's been zero MSM criticism over how much was spent on the searches, the amount of media attention, extremely wealthy people asking for hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations, demanding taxpayer money to launch a criminal investigation, allowing the boys to go out unsupervised on the ocean. Online commenters do bring up these things, but the media never mentions them.

Buying media coverage about your sons who died in an accident is not something I agree with.

But if you had a missing child and had the money - wouldn't you use every avenue you could? I'm the first to admit that my morals and overall attitude would change if i had no answers to the whereabouts of a loved one (alive or body). I think the same way with the Heather Elvis case. I don't give a flying flip what the Elvis' did, didn't do or what the Cohan and Stephanos family does in order to get answers. I guess what I'm saying is - I'd buy media coverage, hell I'd go to jail if it meant getting answers.

Eileenhawkeye, I reread what you said and I realize that you're saying the news media should be paying attention to all the cases, not just the ones who can foot the bill - sorry. I reacted before I let it sink in :)

I would love an investigative reporter to look more into the media coverage of this case. I wouldn't be surprised if the families are paying the media. It's interesting how the MSM has never mentioned how wealthy the families are, nor has the family faced any criticism for allowing the boys to go out on a boat unsupervised. I don't even think they talked about those nfl players who went missing at sea almost a year later. I really think they are buying media coverage. It's too positive towards the parents, and this type of story would be considered old news a week after it happened. At the very least, there's a lot going on to keep the case in the news. Maybe lawyers who threaten the media if they write anything they don't approve of. I definitely think there is a blackout when it comes to the parents' wealth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the boys were lost at sea during the storm but I can't fault grieving parents for believing something else. I really don't get the criticism of the parents here.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I don't get the sense the parents are being criticized. I think it is geared more towards the MSM, regardless of who pays and for what. This is a forum for hundreds of missing people each year and so many never make the local news let alone national coverage. Those that do, families and loved ones work their tails off to get attention.

I feel so badly for these boys' families and cannot imagine what either is feeling. If it helps them to get closure, then it harms no one, however it cannot be at the others expense.

It is so clear, based on the information available, that this was a tragic accident with a tragic outcome, but it's easy to come to that conclusion when it isn't clouded by emotion and desperation to understand "why". Why my son? Why of all days? Why didn't I do this or that?

They are clinging to any shred of hope to hold those boys in their arms, hear them laugh...ugh!!

Knowing someone saw them in trouble before the storm, or possibly afloat is heart wrenching and I don't know if I would ever be able to let that go.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Buying media coverage about your sons who died in an accident is not something I agree with. I'm tired of people whose loved ones go missing be accused of not trying hard enough when their cases don't get enough media attention. Sorry but not every parent can write a check. These parents are not grieiving more just because they have more resourcs at their disposal. I also have to disagree with you that there's been attention paid to the families' wealth. A middle-class family could get a 100k reward through donations. There's been zero MSM criticism over how much was spent on the searches, the amount of media attention, extremely wealthy people asking for hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations, demanding taxpayer money to launch a criminal investigation, allowing the boys to go out unsupervised on the ocean. Online commenters do bring up these things, but the media never mentions them.

1) Who was accused of not trying hard enough to locate their missing loved ones? When did A&P trump someone else that's missing, recently?

2) Nowhere in any statement have I made did I say that one set of parents are grieving more than another.

3) Are you honestly saying that the amount of searching that was done wouldn't have been done on my son and his friend if they were missing? I can say I 100% disagree with you. I do agree they shouldn't have been out there but guess what, we as parents let our kids do things that another parent doesn't agree with. Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20!! Also I never saw demands for using taxpayers monies, they did setup gofund me accounts, people felt compelled to donate. If someone chose to donate that was their choice. So just because online commenters are shouting from their keyboards demanding someone look into why people chose to donate their own hard earned money to these families to help with their searches what exactly are they looking into?

Does it suck that not everyone has the same coverage, money, same resources same everything yes it absolutely does. But I can say who are any of us to look at these two parents and say you need to give up now your kids are dead, I wouldn't give up until I took my last breath or I saw their dead bodies PERIOD! I respect where you are coming from, and understand what you are saying. I know you and I are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum on this and it's ok. MOO

Where is the photo of the floating person?

Pilot says he saw one of the missing Florida teen fishermen

33A9441000000578-3566165-image-m-35_1461955619283.jpg

A pilot who was part of a massive search to find two missing teen fishermen told investigators he's positive he saw one floating on debris two days after their boat capsized.

According to a report released this week, Bobby Smith told Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission investigators reconstructing the disappearance of Perry Cohen and Austin Stephanos that he was flying off the Georgia coast on July 26 at about 1,000 feet when he saw two white pieces of debris tied together with an orange life jacket.

He went to 200 feet and saw a person waving his hands over his head. He said he climbed to 1,500 feet so he could radio controllers and when he went back down he could no longer find the person. The Coast Guard went to the area and also could not find anything.

I am not local to them but honestly I did think the story went away just like every other story UNTIL the boat was found again. I saw an article pop up on a news site I read regularly. I think there is about .000001% chance the boys were abducted, but I can't fathom the grief and guilt the parents must feel ultimately not really knowing or having any closure what so ever. As a parent, the sadness would consume me and I'd want every possibility looked what because what if, ya know?

I also saw plenty of people chastising the parents in article and FB comments. I also saw plenty of people saying that the boys boating was a part of Florida culture that most wouldn't understand unless they grew up there. Ultimately scolding the parents does no good at all. I'm sure they will have tremendous guilt and regrets for the rest of their lives, why rub their noses in it? We don't know what rules and exceptions were in place and whether or not the boys obeyed them.

I don't know how anybody could even make out that it was a person floating. I can't even tell what the picture is. Was there a better one somewhere?

Where did you find that information?

I was mistaken. It was just something I thought I read earlier re family connections. You are way to fast sister[emoji6] .
I really thought I pulled my oops I n record time. Sorry!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was mistaken. It was just something I thought I read earlier re family connections. You are way to fast sister[emoji6] . I really thought I pulled my oops I n record time. Sorry!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Gotcha [emoji6]! I was thinking I had missed something.

Does anyone have a copy of the snapchat photo that austin apparently sent ...the one with the clouds in the background that said 'We're F....." ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball
Back