Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting that someone checked on him around the time Denim's body was found. I wonder if the person wondered if it was him.
I'm not sure the person "checking in" is a real person. They were also tweeting at another account starting with ben2 that has more numbers at the end so I think it was just a typo and they hit send too soon.

I'm not entirely convinced ben2 is a real person. I've been going through the account and here's what I found that's notable:

1. A lot of his followers are real people who appear to have no connection to each other besides "internet businesses" or computer/systems engineering/IT types.
2. A lot of his followers are NOT real people, they are bots. They only tweet links. For example, the profile with the initials TZ only tweets about diet tips with links, but there is no evidence a person by that name even exists and she does not appear to have any other profiles on any other platforms under that name.
3. Ben2 seems to have significant links to TeamBuckshot. It's easy to figure out who is behind the account as he tweets at a real person who is easy to find, SM. SM has a Facebook account with a public friends list, but none of the Bens match the account (or Denim). SM is 26 years old and is from Virginia, but went to college in CA. I'm not sure what he does professionally.
4. Ben2's bot followers almost all follow each other or the same accounts.
5. Some of the other accounts followed by the same accounts following Ben2 have similar naming conventions, such as Mike3 and Jake4 (made up examples).

I wonder if some of these bots/accounts were made by one person (SM or a friend of his) or a group in a class-type setting. I could see this type of thing happening with someone learning coding or something like that. It would explain the bot network as well as the account being followed by people interested in IT and internet businesses. IMO, it has absolutely nothing to do with Denim.

I forgot to add:

Twitter shows users in order based on when they followed/were followed by someone. The account who followed ben2 first can be found really easily and her info was super easy to find and confirm. Her initials are LS. She is currently a musician and fitness trainer, but at the time this account was supposedly created (July 2006) there's an information gap. Just before, she was a waitress. Just after, she began working in marketing/promotion and specifically mentioned some tech savvy terms. I wonder if she took a course on marketing/promotion which included some coding and some bot accounts to promote a business. This account could have been created as a networking bot or something like that.

IMO I think the ben2 on the Steam account is a better bet than the Twitter one we've been discussing here. The ben2 on Steam has been inactive since sometime in 2017. He is in a group in which another ben is the only member. So, those two bens are probably the same user. The only thing is Ben claimed some badges more recently, but there is the possibility that a paid account will automatically claim badges without the user logging on. I know NarkJ is following this lead so better for one person to do the real digging.

A lot of the ben2 Twitter account followers are bots or business accounts, but I was able to trace several to real people and there's one interaction (the one in Indonesian) that if you use Google Translate on appears to be referring to some live game action they and ben2 were participating in.

Has anyone analyzed the GoPro footage? I’ve watched / listened to it dozens of times but I’m curious if anyone else has picked up anything from that video. You can’t hear him well but there are a few times his voice volume spikes and you can make out a few words or short sentences. Being from Texas myself, I almost hear a southern accent, or a ‘twang’ in certain words I can make out...

I’m sure there’s a way to reduce background noise and isolate more of *just* his voice, although I haven’t a clue how to do as much. LOL

**Random thoughts**
Very good random thoughts IMO!
I'm not finding the video, is it on YouTube? I work with Audio programs, I may be able to clean up the Audio and magnify his voice if I can get the video.

Very good random thoughts IMO!
I'm not finding the video, is it on YouTube? I work with Audio programs, I may be able to clean up the Audio and magnify his voice if I can get the video.
That’d be awesome! The quality is fairly poor in my opinion, but to trained eyes and ears it may be excellent quality! I’m anxious to see what you’re able to come up with. Thank you!

And thank you @fred&edna for posting the links ;)

That’d be awesome! The quality is fairly poor in my opinion, but to trained eyes and ears it may be excellent quality! I’m anxious to see what you’re able to come up with. Thank you!

And thank you @fred&edna for posting the links ;)

I was able to get the audio off of the video. I will work with it later today and see what I can do to remove the ambient sound and magnify MH's voice.

I too have been working on getting the video saved and trying to find an app to pull out his voice. Ive tried a few. This is not my area. The one I just found increases volume while cutting different background noises. I can hear his voice and a couple words. I’m still listening. They’re discussing what they brought, what’s available on the trail etc. Ill try transcribing. I can only save 1 video before paying. And I never pay. I will naturally screw this up but if I can get something saved I’ll post.

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I am still working on the sound. It's a slow process as I have to isolate each area of the video where our dear MH is speaking. Hopefully, will have it done by tomorrow night!

I too have been working. I’ve only managed to pull out a few things and then unable to get them in a format that can be shared.

Keeping in mind that his backpack wasn’t included in the item inventory I’m not sure we know if he still had his jacket. Unless someone has asked LE it may have been with him, or he may have dropped it in a hiking donation box along the way. Moo

Hi, I've been reading back on Thread #2 since I believe I missed some pages. I did see a comment you made in Thread #2 Page 33 Post #649 where you stated "I’m unclear if YOU are asking where his backpack is?? If so It WAS found is his tent . One of the detectives confirmed that for me."

Can you verify that statement for us, since many of us are of the impression that it wasn't included in the inventory. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste