Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi new member here but I’ve been reading the posts here for awhile. My husband is a software developer so I showed him the coding from Denim’s notebook. He said it looks like he was trying to live on his own in the wilderness and was trying to create an app or something that would tell you what meals you could make with the ingredients you had. Like you could just plug in whatever food you had and the app would tell you different meals you can make from those ingredients. I didn’t tell my husband about the video game until later. He said it’s possible it can also be the idea for a video game. Sorry if this has been posted already

Denham Springs has always stood out to me in this case. That was the first thing I thought of when I heard his trail name was Denim. Not actually denim blue jeans. It could give weight to his claims of being from Louisiana or it could be unrelated. I wish the person whose log book he signed could be more certain as to whether it reads Denim or Denham. Could make a huge difference considering, AFAIK, he didn’t sign in using that name any place else...

Denham Springs has always stood out to me in this case. That was the first thing I thought of when I heard his trail name was Denim. Not actually denim blue jeans. It could give weight to his claims of being from Louisiana or it could be unrelated. I wish the person whose log book he signed could be more certain as to whether it reads Denim or Denham. Could make a huge difference considering, AFAIK, he didn’t sign in using that name any place else...

I'm almost certain it's not the same denim, it would put him across the country at the end of July 2017, he was on the AT at the time

Has Darrin Frank Bunker been suggested yet? Worked in IT, CEO of Posse Entertainment Gaming company; loner, very private personality; mysterious disappearance from yacht in 2006. Grew up in Michigan. Rarely contacted family; has a sister.
Although he has the general 'look'of Denim imo, the nose and eyes seem off...intersteing case, though

Darrin Frank Bunker

upload_2020-5-15_10-49-4.pngupload_2020-5-15_10-49-19.png

Has Darrin Frank Bunker been suggested yet? Worked in IT, CEO of Posse Entertainment Gaming company; loner, very private personality; mysterious disappearance from yacht in 2006. Grew up in Michigan. Rarely contacted family; has a sister.
Although he has the general 'look'of Denim imo, the nose and eyes seem off...intersteing case, though

Darrin Frank Bunker

View attachment 246853View attachment 246854

Unfortunately, although I do see some facial similarities, their noses are completely different, so I don't think it's him.

Hi new member here but I’ve been reading the posts here for awhile. My husband is a software developer so I showed him the coding from Denim’s notebook. He said it looks like he was trying to live on his own in the wilderness and was trying to create an app or something that would tell you what meals you could make with the ingredients you had. Like you could just plug in whatever food you had and the app would tell you different meals you can make from those ingredients. I didn’t tell my husband about the video game until later. He said it’s possible it can also be the idea for a video game. Sorry if this has been posted already
I think Denim was working on what appears to be the underlaying game theory for Screeps2 which is a multiplayer survival game that teaches you how to code in Javascript - the screeps are the beings you create and then program to survive. He was thinking out everything from scratch, all of the math to the game mechanics, how the data storage would work, logic tables etc. I've been thinking about this angle and researching it ever since the notebook images were shared and the transcribed pages were posted on page 14. Here is the link again Imgur

Screeps was created by a handful of Belarusian (not Russian) developers. You can find one of them on VK s living in minsk with his family. The other has disappeared off the internet since 2016 as far as I have looked for him which is a little weird. They very well may have collaborated with American freelancers or game companies like the one Denim told people he had worked for, but there wasn't much of a profit model for the game and they failed to get their product hunt investment goal met. Denim himself may be Belarusian, which would make him so hard to identify. I can see how an immigrant gets laid off or has a falling out with coworkers and quits, divests and takes all his money in cash and disappears. It would account for his lack of family and few friends who would miss him in the US. My SO is slavic and lost his accent in only 2 years of living with me so it wouldn't be unusual for denim to have no obvious foreign features. Of course, he could also have just been inspired by the game and was iterating on it.

I think Denim was working on what appears to be the underlaying game theory for Screeps2 which is a multiplayer survival game that teaches you how to code in Javascript - the screeps are the beings you create and then program to survive. He was thinking out everything from scratch, all of the math to the game mechanics, how the data storage would work, logic tables etc. I've been thinking about this angle and researching it ever since the notebook images were shared and the transcribed pages were posted on page 14. Here is the link again Imgur

Screeps was created by a handful of Belarusian (not Russian) developers. You can find one of them on VK s living in minsk with his family. The other has disappeared off the internet since 2016 as far as I have looked for him which is a little weird. They very well may have collaborated with American freelancers or game companies like the one Denim told people he had worked for, but there wasn't much of a profit model for the game and they failed to get their product hunt investment goal met. Denim himself may be Belarusian, which would make him so hard to identify. I can see how an immigrant gets laid off or has a falling out with coworkers and quits, divests and takes all his money in cash and disappears. It would account for his lack of family and few friends who would miss him in the US. My SO is slavic and lost his accent in only 2 years of living with me so it wouldn't be unusual for denim to have no obvious foreign features. Of course, he could also have just been inspired by the game and was iterating on it.

If Denim came from another country into the US wouldn't his fingerprints very likely to be on a database, therefore he would of been identified already ?

ATM I know it's very long shot but i'm trying to search through thousands of public photos from 2004 onwards on facebook, he might of had an account at some point of a family member may have tagged him in a public photo somewhere but there are literally 10's of thousands of public pics to go through.
I've also reached out the the Baton Rouge school System Facebook page for some help, they read the message but didn't respond so not sure if they'll help.

Maybe ... (after possible weight loss)?
A4756EAC-09E7-48B1-A40B-F375CA23B44A.jpeg 24807507-07A8-4E39-89C6-6C01340F7B75.jpeg 74FDF672-3059-4AB1-B0A9-4DF9669080BA.jpeg
[I am not completely certain if the gentleman in the CLC Summer Hiker Meals photo is Denim (I do see that their Facebook page admin. commented “I’m sorry, but he did not sign in,” and “[The picture was taken in] 2017,” answering questions from commenters)] CLC Summer Hiker Meals

The missing person was added to NamUs on March 13, 2020:
Missing Person / NamUs #MP66386
William Paul Faries, Male, White / Caucasian
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Date of Last Contact: April 1, 2016
[Denim: “April 2017 – He told people he started hiking in New York in April 2017. Possibly was wearing jeans when he started hiking which is where he said his trail name ‘Denim’ came from.”]

Missing From: Cedarhurst, New York
[Denim: “June or July 2017 – Hiker (CD) met him in New York at the visitor center in Unionville, NY (Date is [Gardener1850’s] estimate based on map)”]
Google Maps
*Union County Sheriff’s Office in Monroe, NC is listed as the agency in charge of the missing person case. I also did some sleuthing online, and it appears Mr. Faries is originally from that area and has family there.]*

Demographics
Missing Age: 36 Years [in 2016]
[Denim: 35-60 (estimated) in 2018]
Height: 6' 0" - 6' 1" (72 - 73 Inches)
[Denim: 5' 8"(68 inches), Measured]

Weight: 180 - 200 lbs
[Denim: 83 lbs, Measured]

Circumstances
NamUs Case Created: March 13, 2020
Last Known Location Map
County: Nassau County

Circumstances of Disappearance: William is known to be nomadic and has gone missing in the past but has never been gone this long. William does not carry a cell phone but usually carries his possessions in a back pack and travels by bicycle. William is known to have a very high IQ and is extremely computer savvy.

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
[Denim: “Head Hair Description: Dark Brown with Gray Hair“]
Left Eye Color: Blue
[Denim: Blue]
Right Eye Color: Blue
Eye Description--
[Denim only: Blue/Gray]

Distinctive Physical Features
Scar/mark: Scar over left eyebrow
[Denim: Possible indistinct fine linear scar across abdomen. Very faint.]
Link to Denim’s NamUs profile: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

View attachment 247412 View attachment 247410 View attachment 247411
[I am not completely certain if the gentleman in the CLC Summer Hiker Meals photo is Denim (I do see that their Facebook page admin. commented “I’m sorry, but he did not sign in,” and “[The picture was taken in] 2017,” answering questions from commenters)] CLC Summer Hiker Meals

[Denim: “April 2017 – He told people he started hiking in New York in April 2017. Possibly was wearing jeans when he started hiking which is where he said his trail name ‘Denim’ came from.”]

[Denim: “June or July 2017 – Hiker (CD) met him in New York at the visitor center in Unionville, NY (Date is [Gardener1850’s] estimate based on map)”]
Google Maps
*Union County Sheriff’s Office in Monroe, NC is listed as the agency in charge of the missing person case. I also did some sleuthing online, and it appears Mr. Faries is originally from that area and has family there.]*

Demographics

Circumstances
Last Known Location Map

Circumstances of Disappearance: William is known to be nomadic and has gone missing in the past but has never been gone this long. William does not carry a cell phone but usually carries his possessions in a back pack and travels by bicycle. William is known to have a very high IQ and is extremely computer savvy.

Physical Description
Eye Description--

Link to Denim’s NamUs profile: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

That’s the closest match I have seen yet.

Google Maps

Demographics

Circumstances
Last Known Location Map

Physical Description
Eye Description--

This possibility sure has my attention!

Google Maps

Demographics

Circumstances
Last Known Location Map

Physical Description
Eye Description--

His beard definitely grows in the same way MH's does. Weigh loss, check, eye color, check, height, hmmm.

I feel like the circumstances match up but I don’t see as much of a resemblance as others. We don’t see Denim without something covering his hair but the image released by CCSO shows the UID to have a relatively full head of hair and non-receding hair line. William’s hair is receding and thinning, and his eyebrows are a lot more sparse than the living photos of Denim and the recon. But his story sure fits!

Google Maps

Demographics

Circumstances
Last Known Location Map

Physical Description
Eye Description--

I like this possibility..A LOT!

Knowing that JNark has a copy of MHs autopsy report that states..
"Jason Nark: the autopsy found nothing conclusive. Cause and manner were undetermined but noted how terrible his condition was. He was cachetic. "

Cachexia is usual in cancer patients as well as a few other diseases
-cancer
-congestive heart failure (CHF)
-chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
-chronic kidney disease
-cystic fibrosis
-rheumatoid arthritis
None of the things listed above seem to show in his autopsy though.

Some symptoms are ..
-reduced muscle strength
-fatigue
-appetite loss (anorexia)
-low fat-free mass index (a calculation based on your weight, body fat, and height)
-high levels of inflammation identified by blood tests
-anemia (low red blood cells)
-low levels of the protein, albumin

The last one interests me since his notebooks have details on wafers he wanted to create with very high protein content. Maybe he was trying to bulk up his protein levels.

I think he knew he had this problem and was probably losing weight and showing symptoms before he started hiking. Someone larger would fit the bill for me.
From my so far very limited research he could eat and eat but no matter how much he ate he would keep losing weight.

I feel like the circumstances match up but I don’t see as much of a resemblance as others. We don’t see Denim without something covering his hair but the image released by CCSO shows the UID to have a relatively full head of hair and non-receding hair line. William’s hair is receding and thinning, and his eyebrows are a lot more sparse than the living photos of Denim and the recon. But his story sure fits!

I've always wondered why Denim always covered his hair. I don't think it was a vanity thing, like hiding thinning hair. I also don't think he was hiding anything in his hat since it fit quite snugly to his head. I wondered if he had some kind of hair loss related to an operation or major scarring on his head, although I think that type of physical characteristic would have been released on his physical attributes.

Google Maps

Demographics

Circumstances
Last Known Location Map

Physical Description
Eye Description--

Wow! Good find. Please submit. :eek: Those eyes and that nose and smile. Just do it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader