Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 247504
Interpol Missing Belarusian:
View Yellow Notices

Aleh Syty
Born: May 15, 1984
Missing: 06/03/2011 (When 26 years old)
Fair hair, Blue Eyes
5' 6" tall
a scar on the left side of the back near the shoulder-blade; a scar on the left hand; may wear a moustache and a beard
Languages spoken: English and Russian

View attachment 247492 View attachment 247497
Aleh Syty photos 2009-2010
View attachment 247499
PS...MH and Aleh Syty superimposed.

I'm a little confused by the information on the Interpol website. It says he's missing from Belarus but he's in Chicago in those videos on YT that say they were taken 9 years ago.

I'm a little confused by the information on the Interpol website. It says he's missing from Belarus but he's in Chicago in those videos on YT that say they were taken 9 years ago.
The videos were posted in June 2010, a year before he went missing. He could have moved back or been visiting his family when he disappeared.

I think Denim was working on what appears to be the underlaying game theory for Screeps2 which is a multiplayer survival game that teaches you how to code in Javascript - the screeps are the beings you create and then program to survive. He was thinking out everything from scratch, all of the math to the game mechanics, how the data storage would work, logic tables etc. I've been thinking about this angle and researching it ever since the notebook images were shared and the transcribed pages were posted on page 14. Here is the link again Imgur

Screeps was created by a handful of Belarusian (not Russian) developers. You can find one of them on VK s living in minsk with his family. The other has disappeared off the internet since 2016 as far as I have looked for him which is a little weird. They very well may have collaborated with American freelancers or game companies like the one Denim told people he had worked for, but there wasn't much of a profit model for the game and they failed to get their product hunt investment goal met. Denim himself may be Belarusian, which would make him so hard to identify. I can see how an immigrant gets laid off or has a falling out with coworkers and quits, divests and takes all his money in cash and disappears. It would account for his lack of family and few friends who would miss him in the US. My SO is slavic and lost his accent in only 2 years of living with me so it wouldn't be unusual for denim to have no obvious foreign features. Of course, he could also have just been inspired by the game and was iterating on it.

I'm assuming this is why @coffeeandacig was targeting Belarus, but wanted to refresh the info that the Screeps video game was also based out of Belarus. I am digging more into the Aleh Syty connection via social media. Based on friends, I believe there is a connection to both Chicago and Northern California.
These are some VERY loose connections/assumptions, but it does seems that a particular group of American friends were very into National Parks and hiking in the 2011-2016 years. Weirdly, one was posting pretty frequently about his metabolism and how much protein he could eat in ~2011.

So, he was last seen in Belarus. If he'd gone to the US after going missing, wouldn't interpol know that? Especially since he'd been there before. Presumably the US, of all places, has the best system for tracking people who've entered the country on visas.

Unless there is an assumption that he had a fake passport and visa that allowed him to enter the US without being tracked by interpol, and then disappeared...which would require him to have acquired a third identity.

Maybe ... (after possible weight loss)?
View attachment 247412 View attachment 247410 View attachment 247411
[I am not completely certain if the gentleman in the CLC Summer Hiker Meals photo is Denim (I do see that their Facebook page admin. commented “I’m sorry, but he did not sign in,” and “[The picture was taken in] 2017,” answering questions from commenters)] CLC Summer Hiker Meals

The missing person was added to NamUs on March 13, 2020:
Missing Person / NamUs #MP66386
William Paul Faries, Male, White / Caucasian
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Date of Last Contact: April 1, 2016
[Denim: “April 2017 – He told people he started hiking in New York in April 2017. Possibly was wearing jeans when he started hiking which is where he said his trail name ‘Denim’ came from.”]

Missing From: Cedarhurst, New York
[Denim: “June or July 2017 – Hiker (CD) met him in New York at the visitor center in Unionville, NY (Date is [Gardener1850’s] estimate based on map)”]
Google Maps
*Union County Sheriff’s Office in Monroe, NC is listed as the agency in charge of the missing person case. I also did some sleuthing online, and it appears Mr. Faries is originally from that area and has family there.]*

Demographics
Missing Age: 36 Years [in 2016]
[Denim: 35-60 (estimated) in 2018]
Height: 6' 0" - 6' 1" (72 - 73 Inches)
[Denim: 5' 8"(68 inches), Measured]

Weight: 180 - 200 lbs
[Denim: 83 lbs, Measured]

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact: April 1, 2016
NamUs Case Created: March 13, 2020
Last Known Location Map
County: Nassau County

Circumstances of Disappearance: William is known to be nomadic and has gone missing in the past but has never been gone this long. William does not carry a cell phone but usually carries his possessions in a back pack and travels by bicycle. William is known to have a very high IQ and is extremely computer savvy.

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
[Denim: “Head Hair Description: Dark Brown with Gray Hair“]
Left Eye Color: Blue
[Denim: Blue]
Right Eye Color: Blue
[Denim: Blue]
Eye Description--
[Denim only: Blue/Gray]

Distinctive Physical Features
Scar/mark: Scar over left eyebrow
[Denim: Possible indistinct fine linear scar across abdomen. Very faint.]
Link to Denim’s NamUs profile: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Look at this part of Denim's beard compared to William's!!!! See the line?

Attachments

• AAFBBF61-77ED-41D5-80C9-36EB310D7B4E.jpeg
    AAFBBF61-77ED-41D5-80C9-36EB310D7B4E.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 245
His first video's title is "Bronco 78 and Chicago streets". There's a register of a person with the same name in Chicago, Il. I just don't know how accurate the site is though...

ETA grammar

I've spoken to a friend of Aleh's on facebook, he came over to the US for a few months in 2010 on a visa, (possibly looking to move his family over), he first stayed in Chicago and then California for about a month each, the last he knew was that Aleh went back home to his partner and child & they decided to stay in Belarus
None of the nicknames used or Screeps, Baton Rouge, New York etc seems to mean anything, Aleh struggled to speak good English at the time and didn't have a job as far as he could recall, he does agree the eyes look very similar but not alot else.

I always go back to the sheriff released podcast saying MH had perfect teeth. I believe they even pointed out no dental work even. IMO, that’s a decent identifier outside of a dna match.

So, he was last seen in Belarus. If he'd gone to the US after going missing, wouldn't interpol know that? Especially since he'd been there before. Presumably the US, of all places, has the best system for tracking people who've entered the country on visas.

Unless there is an assumption that he had a fake passport and visa that allowed him to enter the US without being tracked by interpol, and then disappeared...which would require him to have acquired a third identity.

All I know is that many missing persons profiles have conflicting information regarding when and where an individual was last seen. Sometimes people have been out of touch with friends and family yet no one files a report for decades, so I presume the same type of lackadaisical concern for an absent family member is present in Interpol files.

Maybe ... (after possible weight loss)?
View attachment 247412 View attachment 247410 View attachment 247411
[I am not completely certain if the gentleman in the CLC Summer Hiker Meals photo is Denim

Hello! This is my first post. It has been a long time since I have posted in forums, so my quoting skills may not be on point.

Either ways, this picture convinced me that the man in the CLC meal photo is also Denim, largley in part of the blue bandanna (which I have tried extensively in keyword searches for attire).

Source: Case Profiles | Case Profile

Attachments

• Pic.png
    Pic.png
    770.4 KB · Views: 174
I saw william when he first came on and looked into him, just way too many matches to not consider. But I stopped looking because of the height and the fact his beard is so very red. Then just the last few days I looked into it.
How many people know their siblings actual height? I don't I would just guess my brother is around 5ft 11. I'd say a lot of siblings give close or rough estimates not exact unless they happened to ask and remember what was said. Also it is a well known fact that when carrying heavy backpacks and sleeping rough you can get spinal compression, since William has been missing since 2016 he may have been sleeping rough and hiking before this.
Red beard..whos to say it wasn't dyed? He's 40 right most people have some grey at least or can go grey very quickly . I tried rubbing off his handlebar moustache and making him thinner and it does look very much like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader