Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always wondered why Denim always covered his hair. I don't think it was a vanity thing, like hiding thinning hair. I also don't think he was hiding anything in his hat since it fit quite snugly to his head. I wondered if he had some kind of hair loss related to an operation or major scarring on his head, although I think that type of physical characteristic would have been released on his physical attributes.

My husband always wears a hat, especially when we are hiking. The brim absorbs sweat and keeps it from leaking into his eyes, and if he's overdue for a haircut it also keeps the hair out of his eyes, plus it keeps his face from getting sunburned. He's worn a hat for so many years that I've even caught him sleeping with one on :D

Thank you for everyone’s support. I spoke with Detective David Hurm with Collier County Sheriff’s Office (he was as nice as could be: “Thank you for taking the time to call us”). I gave him Mr. Faries‘ MP number, and he pulled up his NamUs page as we spoke.

He sounded a little concerned about the height difference (Denim: 5' 8"; MP: 6' 0" - 6' 1"), MP’s scar over the left eyebrow and eye color (Denim: “blue/gray”; MP: blue) but said he would contact NamUs to find out if Mr. Faries’ DNA, dental records or fingerprints are available. So now we sit and wait :).

I like this possibility..A LOT!

Knowing that JNark has a copy of MHs autopsy report that states..
"Jason Nark: the autopsy found nothing conclusive. Cause and manner were undetermined but noted how terrible his condition was. He was cachetic. "

Cachexia is usual in cancer patients as well as a few other diseases
-cancer
-congestive heart failure (CHF)
-chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
-chronic kidney disease
-cystic fibrosis
-rheumatoid arthritis
None of the things listed above seem to show in his autopsy though.

Some symptoms are ..
-reduced muscle strength
-fatigue
-appetite loss (anorexia)
-low fat-free mass index (a calculation based on your weight, body fat, and height)
-high levels of inflammation identified by blood tests
-anemia (low red blood cells)
-low levels of the protein, albumin

The last one interests me since his notebooks have details on wafers he wanted to create with very high protein content. Maybe he was trying to bulk up his protein levels.

I think he knew he had this problem and was probably losing weight and showing symptoms before he started hiking. Someone larger would fit the bill for me.
From my so far very limited research he could eat and eat but no matter how much he ate he would keep losing weight.

Adult onset forms of MS can also lead to cachexia as well as ALS.

I agree, it is really close. Shape of eyes, nose, and closed mouth is very, very similar. Out of all of the suggestions in this thread, this is the first one that has made me sit up and press my nose against the screen.
Yeah, that closed half smile really stood out to me. I only have a few friends that don't show their teeth when they smile (despite having lovely teeth) so I noticed it.

Thank you for everyone’s support. I spoke with Detective David Hurm with Collier County Sheriff’s Office (he was as nice as could be: “Thank you for taking the time to call us”). I gave him Mr. Faries‘ MP number, and he pulled up his NamUs page as we spoke.

He sounded a little concerned about the height difference (Denim: 5' 8"; MP: 6' 0" - 6' 1"), MP’s scar over the left eyebrow and eye color (Denim: “blue/gray”; MP: blue) but said he would contact NamUs to find out if Mr. Faries’ DNA, dental records or fingerprints are available. So now we sit and wait :).

Well I hope its is a quick update. I agree they are remarkably similar. I hope they get back in touch..

I am not sure if this has been said before.. But looking at the picture of him holding the map and looking into the camera some knuckles are noticeably bigger than others

mhandas.jpg
Interpol Missing Belarusian:
View Yellow Notices

Aleh Syty
Born: May 15, 1984
Missing: 06/03/2011 (When 26 years old)
Fair hair, Blue Eyes
5' 6" tall
a scar on the left side of the back near the shoulder-blade; a scar on the left hand; may wear a moustache and a beard
Languages spoken: English and Russian

mh.jpg AlehSyty.jpg
Aleh Syty photos 2009-2010
alehsytysuperimposed.jpg
PS...MH and Aleh Syty superimposed.

Last edited:
It looks like Aleh has at least one ear piercing...which would seem to rule him out. I think I’m seeing an earring, anyway. (2nd photo in the top row and 3rd on the bottom row).

It looks like Aleh has at least one ear piercing...which would seem to rule him out. I think I’m seeing an earring, anyway. (2nd photo in the top row and 3rd on the bottom row).
Good eye! If you look close, in at least 3 of his pictures, you can tell that he has both ears gauged. You would definitely notice those with or without the gauges in. I see no evidence of Denim having gauges in any pictures we,ve seen of him.

True...But those photos were posted in 2009 and 2010. So we can only say for sure that they were taken during or before that time. So it is possible he had at least 7 years to heal. This article can explain it better.
Can Stretched Ear Lobes Shrink Back to Normal?

Hmmm. This one is tough. I see as many similarities as I do differences, depending on which photos I look at...

His hair looks lighter (almost red), his ears and nose are a bit different, but same nice teeth, full head of hair and bags under his eyes. (He does look like Brad Pitt :D) ETA: Aleh’s bottom lip looks a lot fuller than Denim’s.

upload_2020-5-20_6-59-9.png

mhandas2.jpg
Superimposed picture MH and AS.

I superimposed his face on MH and his ears seem to be the right size and shape. As far as hair color, who knows if diet and melanin changes could've made his hair darker.

His FB is full of pics of him, but very few friends. However, one friend in Minsk appears to be a software engineer. Another, appears to be a headhunter for same. He has friended people in the US...but then again he does speak English. Just a thought.

I don't make suggestions for possible matches anymore. But, if someone thinks he's got potential and wants to bring him to their attention...feel free.

He does look like Brad Pitt!!! LOL

View attachment 247504
View Yellow Notices

Aleh Syty
Fair hair, Blue Eyes
5' 6" tall
a scar on the left side of the back near the shoulder-blade; a scar on the left hand; may wear a moustache and a beard

View attachment 247492 View attachment 247497
View attachment 247499
He is only 5'6", MH was 5'8"
He also has scars and likely spoke with an accent. These things don't change in 10 years.

View attachment 247504
View Yellow Notices

Aleh Syty
Fair hair, Blue Eyes
5' 6" tall

View attachment 247492 View attachment 247497
View attachment 247499

The image of a smiling MH with the big red back pack in the lower right corner looks very much like the smiling Aleh wearing a tie and sweater.

He is only 5'6", MH was 5'8"
He also has scars and likely spoke with an accent. These things don't change in 10 years.

Plus or minus two inches isn't enough to worry about.

We live in an area with many Belorussian immigrants--their English tends to be excellent and the accent is often light and hard to pinpoint. It doesn't exactly sound southern but kinda sorta. So maybe.

The scars likely rule him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member