Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t realize I’d missed this post. I have to say, considering substantial weight loss, this is the closest match I’ve seen. It’s actually the only close match I’ve seen, IMO.
I don’t think William could be a match. Eyebrows are different hair color so different. While William is an average looking guy there are certain pics of Denim that he would be defined as an above average level of attractiveness. Weight loss obviously can help with appearance sometimes but not to this degree.

Didn’t realize I’d missed this post. I have to say, considering substantial weight loss, this is the closest match I’ve seen. It’s actually the only close match I’ve seen, IMO.

Also interesting that it states:
"William is known to have a very high IQ and is extremely computer savy"

I wonder if his family saw the news about Denim and ended up reporting him missing - last contact 4/1/2016, but NAMUS added 3/12/2020 (at least the photo was added). And people are definitely more familiar with Brooklyn than Cedarhurst. Has he already been submitted? When I searched for more info on William, I saw several hits linking him to "denim/Ben Bilemy".

Would you be able to provide these links? IMO William doesn't look anything like MH but I'm still interested in links for this info - thanks! :D

Sorry - I meant when I googled the name "William Faries" missing, I don't see information about the missing person, but links to Facebook discussion groups about our UID, denim. So he has been suggested before (or perhaps other groups saw the suggestion on Websleuths and posted it elsewhere). But I could not find any articles or further details on William.

Also interesting that it states:
"William is known to have a very high IQ and is extremely computer savy"

I wonder if his family saw the news about Denim and ended up reporting him missing - last contact 4/1/2016, but NAMUS added 3/12/2020 (at least the photo was added). And people are definitely more familiar with Brooklyn than Cedarhurst. Has he already been submitted? When I searched for more info on William, I saw several hits linking him to "denim/Ben Bilemy".
I called a detective with the Collier County Sheriff's Office the day I posted about William, so on May 19th. He said he would contact NamUs to see if his dental records, DNA or fingerprints were available. It appears that their lab resumed services on June 1st but may still be operating with limited staff due to the COVID-19 pandemic:
UNT Center for Human Identification

ETA: I have also read elsewhere online that at least one other person has submitted William Paul Faries as a possible match.

Last edited:
CCSO appears to be very responsive in responding to questions or acknowledging information being submitted on this case. I submitted information to them in early 2019 and they responded fairly quickly. I just think it's a good look for a department and appreciated by many.

Last edited:
I sharpened one of his more clean-shaven images and it’s as if a new person has emerged. I truly believe this is the face that will get recognized.

Attachments

• 3FB537ED-5D3E-41B7-9717-C2E67FDD82A0.jpeg
    3FB537ED-5D3E-41B7-9717-C2E67FDD82A0.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 217
In other cases I've followed, circumstances have been far more important than appearances. We've had matches you'd swear were dead ringers that weren't matches, and matches where you look at the decedent's pictures and say "Huh??" Time and circumstances can make so much difference to how a person looks, especially if the person was trying to change his life or lifestyle.

In other cases I've followed, circumstances have been far more important than appearances. We've had matches you'd swear were dead ringers that weren't matches, and matches where you look at the decedent's pictures and say "Huh??" Time and circumstances can make so much difference to how a person looks, especially if the person was trying to change his life or lifestyle.

That's true. All you have to do is look at the before and after pictures of people addicted to meth. Shocking.

edited to add: Before & After Drugs | The Horrors of Methamphetamines | Infographic

Heard a guy say something today that made me think of MH he's in his 50s and said I'm gonna go walk the trails while I still can. I asked are you sick? He answered no my knees are giving me trouble age is catching up. Wonder if this is what MH was meaning?

Wow! Nice work.

See in this pic, IMO, he looks much younger than he does in other pics.

I absolutely believe he’s younger than most think he is. I say 42 at his time of death at most. A rookie hiker would need those knee braces with the level of intensity he took on so quickly. The grey hair is entirely hereditary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave