Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in an area with a large military base, and at least around this one contractors are former & retired military.

Re: Naval Veteran White. How does a landlord not check a property for 3 years??? I guess the rent was set up as a direct payment? But, if the gentleman did not report to work for 3 years, was he still paid?

Yes, military retirement or disability could just continue with a monthly deposit -- but, phone bill, cable TV, safe deposit box -- questions, questions!

Was Denim accessing a regular payment like this, or as suggested above did he take put the balance in a 401K/403B/retirement account?
A bit more info. here:
“Ronald Wayne White's body was found during a routine check of apartments where tenants did not appear to be using water, according to police in DeSoto,Texas, a suburb southwest of Dallas.

The Navy veteran was discovered on the kitchen floor of his apartment in DeSoto earlier this month -- about three years after his death, DeSoto Police Detective Pete Schulte said. He added that he believed White was 51 years old at the time of death.

His mother, Doris Stevens, suspected something was wrong after her son stopped responding to her phone calls in 2016, she told the military newspaper Stars and Stripes.

‘Now as I look back, all the while I'd been crying about my son in Dallas, my son was dead in that apartment complex and I didn't know,’ Stevens told the newspaper this week.

[SBM]

White was on a month-to-month lease, with his rent paid automatically and deducted each month from an account linked to his Navy service, Schulte said.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Navy vet found in his suburban Dallas apartment had been dead 3 years - CNN

Oh! The connection isn't to the deceased..don't worry

To answer your question, yes most contractors are former military. Largely in part to the experience with specific systems (be it IT, vehicle mechanics, etc), and also due to the fact that many contract positions require a clearance of some kind, that most civilans haven't previously had, and must go through processes to get.

My son's not a veteran; he started out of college and had to jump through all kinds of hoops to get the clearances he needs. I even got interviewed by the FBI or somebody.

If Denim was a contractor, would his fingerprints be on file somewhere?

My son's not a veteran; he started out of college and had to jump through all kinds of hoops to get the clearances he needs. I even got interviewed by the FBI or somebody.

If Denim was a contractor, would his fingerprints be on file somewhere?

Depends on the clearance level, I would imagine. Honestly though, I cant say that with 100% certainty.

I would imagine there are plenty of positions that do not require fingerprints.

Where your parents are from and where you learned to speak are important. We moved to NJ when I was 3. Neither of my parents are from there and I learned to speak before I moved there. I don’t have an accent. My sister was born there and has an NJ accent, but not as strong as her peers whose parents had one.

I don’t think this guy grew up in NYC. I picture him being from an isolated farm somewhere. He didn’t get along well with his family and moved to NYC after college. He mostly lost touch. He worked freelance gig jobs and rarely saw coworkers. He didn’t socialize much. His face isn’t particularly memorable, and it’s easy to be anonymous in the city.

I bet if you went to Unclaimed Funds in New York State, he is in there somewhere. But we don’t know his name.

well...know what I'll be doing for the next few days...
you can search by using first two letters of last name. will start with "aa" and go from there I suppose!

well...know what I'll be doing for the next few days...
you can search by using first two letters of last name. will start with "aa" and go from there I suppose!

I took at stab at it earlier, and one of the hardest aspects about it is sorting the results by date (if that is even an option). It also does not describe the person in detail (i.e. white, black, Hispanic).

If you can come up with a good system, I will be happy to contribute.

Hey all, the story I spent a year working on is finally out in print in Adventure Journal. Honestly, after all this work, it's only more of a mystery to me. I am not allowed to share the story in print for 90 days, but it can be purchases. It costs, unfortunately, $18. It's a fancy magazine, the kind you can leave on your coffee table. I have a subscription. Just want to thank everyone in here for caring so much. It's not easy and it gets frustrating.

Here's how my story begins: : "Sometimes I imagine him falling through space, drifting like dust from dead stars in the vast nowhere above us. I see him take shape in the soft light of a forest before dawn. First a fog, then ephemeral form, then living flesh. This kind of thinking is where my mind goes at night, when half my head is in a dream and I ponder him fancifully, unmoored from the hard facts that make his case so frustrating."

To read my story, you can buy Adventure Journal online for $18 at https://shop.adventure-journal.com or subscribe for $60 for four issues a year. You can also find it at the following stores: https://shop.adventure-journal.com/stockists/

Some people, for whatever reasons, just aren't missed. A woman in Detroit was dead in her car in the garage for six years before she was found when her bank account no longer had funds to pay her bills.

I believe it is entirely possible, whether for his voluntary reasons or happenstance, no one is looking for this guy.

Some people, for whatever reasons, just aren't missed. A woman in Detroit was dead in her car in the garage for six years before she was found when her bank account no longer had funds to pay her bills.

I believe it is entirely possible, whether for his voluntary reasons or happenstance, no one is looking for this guy.

"Whatever reasons" is exactly right.

From personal experience, I had told my dad about how excited I was to have my first (Parachute) jump from a helicopter (2009 or so). It just so happened that a group of soldiers died in a helicopter accident a few days after (totally different unit, etc). About a week later, I sent my mom a text and she told me how my dad had been very quiet for days, and didnt want to leave the house, etc. He had been really worried that I was one of the soldiers that died in the crash. For the life of me, I do not understand why he couldn't have just sent a text right away and asked if I was OK. Maybe he was terrified that I had actually died...maybe he would have been in really bad shape if I didn't reply...I can only speculate. This is just an example of someone who may or may not have died, but was checked up on (or not checked up on) for "whatever reasons".

Hey all, the story I spent a year working on is finally out in print in Adventure Journal. Honestly, after all this work, it's only more of a mystery to me. I am not allowed to share the story in print for 90 days, but it can be purchases. It costs, unfortunately, $18. It's a fancy magazine, the kind you can leave on your coffee table. I have a subscription. Just want to thank everyone in here for caring so much. It's not easy and it gets frustrating.

Here's how my story begins: : "Sometimes I imagine him falling through space, drifting like dust from dead stars in the vast nowhere above us. I see him take shape in the soft light of a forest before dawn. First a fog, then ephemeral form, then living flesh. This kind of thinking is where my mind goes at night, when half my head is in a dream and I ponder him fancifully, unmoored from the hard facts that make his case so frustrating."

To read my story, you can buy Adventure Journal online for $18 at https://shop.adventure-journal.com or subscribe for $60 for four issues a year. You can also find it at the following stores: https://shop.adventure-journal.com/stockists/
Is it in issue 17? That’s the latest one they show on the website.

Back to the Navy guy dead for three years in an apartment - did family not try to get in touch? Locate him? THREE YEARS?????

Maybe we should start a thread for him, but he is found & identified.

An article -- guess a different one -- explains how one of his sons actually flew to the Philippines and talked to LE there since his Dad had worked there as a contractor.

The family did try to find him, but apparently didn't know about the apartment. IIRC he hadn't lived there very long?

I still have a lot of questions....

Back to Denim/Mostly Harmless!

Just ordered and can’t wait to read it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members