Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male hiker, "Denim" & "Mostly Harmless", Jul 2018 - Vance Rodriguez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• C1C26ECB-5B8C-4EFA-A969-492E450FD36D.jpeg
    C1C26ECB-5B8C-4EFA-A969-492E450FD36D.jpeg
    374.8 KB · Views: 53
There is someone claiming to have received pictures of him on the autopsy table but I’ve not verified that.
I think they are referring to the scene photos. Florida has pretty strict laws about autopsy photos. Only family members or those presenting good cause get these types of pictures. We know there is no family yet.

What would be good cause? I think that would be a legal battle and have probably made the news.

As far as accessing an ATM??? He had no credit/Debit cards. No ID. He always had cash from the beginning. Why would he need an ATM? Just curious. ‍♀️ Also in another thread someone mentioned a hiker with a terminal illness. I think we all know now... Not our guy as we know he had absolutely nothing physically wrong with him other than starving to death. Also, I have the same scar as this UID person. I had a rare omental cyst that could not be accessed via laparoscopy & they had to do the full open surgery. The cyst pressed on my colon & a nerve so they took it out. Addressing the starving... I went approximately two weeks (unintentionally at first) without eating & the smell of food after day two made me sick. I drank mostly water. I was busy moving, etc & just got “too busy” to eat. Then after the third day the hunger pains quit, & I didn’t want anything to eat. At All. I felt great! I can not describe the Euphoria, but after two weeks, I finally got hungry out of nowhere (body went into eating its own muscle at that point so not good on the kidneys). Anyway I couldn’t keep it up at that point & the only things I could find to eat in the house were Oreos & a can of chili & by god if I didn’t eat all of it hand over fist. I’ve never been able to fast like that again though. As far as BB’s colon being full, even when you don’t eat your colon can stop up. It’s caused from starving yourself. & I believe the condition of his bladder & the brown cloudy urine is an indication of his body having a hard time breaking down the muscle. Usually irreversible. Even dehydration can cause the kidneys to do that. My husband had it, & caught it in time but he had a high fever & was cramping all over. Rabdomyalisis.

Last edited:
There are photos of the body but looked like it was from the scene & it looked as though he was laying on the floor of the tent. A reporter got them through the FOIA & also a copy of the Official ME report, (for some that didn’t know & haven’t read the former threads) The reporter was going to release more photos but asked The CCSO about it & they said they would rather he didn’t. The photo I viewed showed his scar. Like mine it’s from sternum to belly-button. Mine goes to the right of my belly button, his goes to the left. I have adhesions too from the surgery around the belly button & also developed a hernia & the doctor went back into the same scar at the site of the hernia. So just because a long scar is present, it doesn’t mean it was some big deal of a surgery. It could have been an exploratory for something. If you look at mine you would probably ask “what the hell all did they take out of you!?” They took a cyst, but no one would know that if looking at my body during an autopsy because all my organs are still there. I have some other thoughts based on some actual facts on the case but am about to fall asleep so will post later in the day.

Last edited:
If you look at mine you would probably ask “what the hell all did they take out of you!?” They took a cyst, but no one would know that if looking at my body during an autopsy because all my organs are still there. I have some other thoughts based on some actual facts on the case but am about to fall asleep so will post later in the day.

A cyst! I never thought of that as the reason for the scar! I assume they removed the sac with your cyst leaving no trace at all? Interesting stuff for sure.

A cyst! I never thought of that as the reason for the scar! I assume they removed the sac with your cyst leaving no trace at all? Interesting stuff for sure.
Yes. They were going to do a laparoscopic surger & make two small incisions. He said they got in there & he couldn’t find it... he said he looked at me scan them back to my abdomen then back & forth & said he finally had to open me up. He said that even then... he couldn’t find it until he pulled my one Tim & intestines out... he said he still couldn’t find it then he said he grabbed the omentum & it flopped out from where it was attached. Thank goodness. Anyway, the only reason I posted such detail is because I have the same exact scar & the reason behind why some scars look so long or like a major surgery happened yet... insides are fine. Apparently only 1 in 140,000 people have these but that’s only because they find them by accident on scans done for other things. Anyway, not knowing his medical history... it could be just about anything.

My personal belief based upon the findings in the ME report is this possibility: “Rhabdomyolysis is a condition in which skeletal muscle tissue dies, releasing substances into the blood that cause kidney failure. Rhabdomyolysis is usually caused by a specific event. This is most commonly injury, overexertion, infection, drug use, or the use of certain medications.” Because it wasn’t on the ME report, doesn’t mean anything because it is very RARE. Like I said my husband had it it was missed by one dr & found by an older doctor who had Personally seen it a few times throughout his career. Husbands was from over exertion in the heat and inadequate electrolytes. If you don’t get treatment quickly, (intravenous fluids/electrolytes) it leads to death, and once someone has had it for a few days/week... it can become irreversible.
So I don’t think he meant to starve himself to death but once you are that weak, if you are out hiking alone... who can help you? The kidneys fail as well & it can be painful to urinate. The quote about the illness came from the following link to read more about it. Rhabdomyolysis: Causes, symptoms, and treatment

My personal belief based upon the findings in the ME report is this possibility: “Rhabdomyolysis is a condition in which skeletal muscle tissue dies, releasing substances into the blood that cause kidney failure. Rhabdomyolysis is usually caused by a specific event. This is most commonly injury, overexertion, infection, drug use, or the use of certain medications.” Because it wasn’t on the ME report, doesn’t mean anything because it is very RARE. Like I said my husband had it it was missed by one dr & found by an older doctor who had Personally seen it a few times throughout his career. Husbands was from over exertion in the heat and inadequate electrolytes. If you don’t get treatment quickly, (intravenous fluids/electrolytes) it leads to death, and once someone has had it for a few days/week... it can become irreversible.
So I don’t think he meant to starve himself to death but once you are that weak, if you are out hiking alone... who can help you? The kidneys fail as well & it can be painful to urinate. The quote about the illness came from the following link to read more about it. Rhabdomyolysis: Causes, symptoms, and treatment
Yeah that's been speculated here before. I'm not sold on that because his starvation occurred over several months and it is clear he was eating and drinking before he died.

Has anyone considered that he may have unintentionally starved himself by assuming protein found in protein bars was sufficient to sustain life - I am not sure that it is, veganism is such a fad, and many of these bars try to market to a broad base of diet fads, so they may be vegan protein bars. If you try and exert a great amount while not replenishing a complete set of essential amino acids, you are going to go into muscle decline no matter how many calories you are taking in. Vegans have to be especially careful to intake a correct combination of vegetable proteins to ensure they are eating the complete set of amino acids - proteins are all made from amino acids, there are 20 that humans cannot live without, and plant proteins tend to be deficient in a few key ones. I do not think it would have been easy to unintentionally starve your muscles by attempting to live on poor protein sources, but I cannot say it would be impossible.

Yeah that's been speculated here before. I'm not sold on that because his starvation occurred over several months and it is clear he was eating and drinking before he died.

Rhabdomyolysis, by description, seems extremely dangerous. Yep, it can be caused by heat stroke, and/or intense exercise. Furthermore, it seems that kidney problems are often overlooked in autopsies (mea culpa: I checked this only briefly). It causes dark-colored urine - which MH had, though a lot of things could have caused that, and one might have been death/decomposition itself. However, I wonder if the ancillary physical problems that acute kidney failure causes (fluid retention, diarrhea, etc) would more often than not be present during an autopsy. Though, apparently kidney failure can have zero symptoms in some people. In any case, it looks like rhabdomyolysis is determined via blood/enzyme testing for an autopsy, so that's another dead end here, sadly.

Has anyone considered that he may have unintentionally starved himself by assuming protein found in protein bars was sufficient to sustain life - I am not sure that it is, veganism is such a fad, and many of these bars try to market to a broad base of diet fads, so they may be vegan protein bars. If you try and exert a great amount while not replenishing a complete set of essential amino acids, you are going to go into muscle decline no matter how many calories you are taking in. Vegans have to be especially careful to intake a correct combination of vegetable proteins to ensure they are eating the complete set of amino acids - proteins are all made from amino acids, there are 20 that humans cannot live without, and plant proteins tend to be deficient in a few key ones. I do not think it would have been easy to unintentionally starve your muscles by attempting to live on poor protein sources, but I cannot say it would be impossible.
Yes. We have several reports that his diet was horrible. And he obviously got to a concentration camp weight somehow. I zoomed in on the trash bag a few days ago and lo and behold there was an empty bag of Starkist tuna in there. Even if he was eating protein, I have been wondering if the issue was not protein deficiency, but fat deficiency.

Have you ever heard of rabbit starvation? You can consume plenty of protein but without enough fat you can poison your body. Protein poisoning - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway