GUILTY FL - Boy in a Box abuse trial - Parents, Timothy & Tracy Ferriter Arrested, Jupiter, Feb 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CLOSING ARGUMENTS! Imprisoned in BOX Trial - FL v. Timothy Ferriter Day 6 https://youtube.com/live/_2aCCdaK8jE?feature=share Florida man Timothy Ferriter is accused of locking up his adopted son inside of a room he had built in the family’s garage. Ferriter faces charges of aggravated CA, false imprisonment and neglect of a child. Court records out of Jupiter, Florida show that the door to the room had a deadbolt on the outside, along with multiple other locks. Investigators also found video from a ceiling camera that showed Ferriter allegedly punching, throwing, and beating the son multiple times. When Ferriter's son wasn't in school, he allegedly was locked in the room — only allowed out to eat or sometimes use the restroom.

Yep, is he thinking he should have taken the plea deal of two years in prison and five years probation? moo

I have wondered if his refusal to take the plea was the source of the tension between him and his prior attorney that grew to a point where she requested permission to withdraw. Once it was discovered that the footage was being subpoenaed and once the footage was produced in discovery showing what it showed, I can certainly see defense counsel urging the client to take the deal given the potential sentence he faced. His refusal to take it wouldn't grounds imo for withdrawal but it could have been the start of a very contentious relationship. Do we know any details about the withdrawal other than it got to a point where they couldn't co-exist?

jmo

ETA I realize he didn't decline the plea until recently but I would guess the offer was made prior to the withdrawal and then after she was released from representing him there was a delay to allow new counsel to get up to speed. Just a guess. I haven't seen too many reported details on the source of their tension which doesn't surprise me considering privilege. jmo/moo

Bravo, Bravo, Attorney Coakley!
Magnificent closing argument. Outstanding!!!

The Judge advised her to carry the mic, and she said I never wanted to be a pop star. However, imo, she is a superstar in her industry!

moo

She did a good job. I was a bit concerned that it started a bit weak at the very start but she did a good job building up to a strong finish, imo

Last edited:
She did a good job. I was a bit concerned that it started a bit weak at the very start but she did a good job building up to a strong finish, imo
Speaking into the mic was a big issue. Defense is doing great speaking into the mic. Also, made important point about abuse in AZ vs FL. moo

I wish they would have hammered home his consciousness of guilt - because it exists imo. For one area to do this they would have had to call the contractor to get testimony in that TF told the contractor that he was commissioning the work for "an office the same as his garage office in AZ", not a locked 8x8 windowless room for his minor child.

But for the other, the evidence is already in. And, that is the evidence where he was being made to wake up at or before the crack of dawn to clean his bucket of urine and feces so the "neighbors wouldn't see it". (Earlier than school because he would then either be locked back up, or be ordered to start chores). All of those facts are already in evidence (and undisputed, actually). So, I think not hammering home that this defendant exhibited behavior that he was conscious that he was engaging in criminal activity was a real missed opportunity. At the end of the day, I hope it doesn't matter. I just think they could have tied all of these acts together nicely by doing this.

All jmo

Last edited:
I have wondered if his refusal to take the plea was the source of the tension between him and his prior attorney that grew to a point where she requested permission to withdraw. Once it was discovered that the footage was being subpoenaed and once the footage was produced in discovery showing what it showed, I can certainly see defense counsel urging the client to take the deal given the potential sentence he faced. His refusal to take it wouldn't grounds imo for withdrawal but it could have been the start of a very contentious relationship. Do we know any details about the withdrawal other than it got to a point where they couldn't co-exist?

jmo

ETA I realize he didn't decline the plea until recently but I would guess the offer was made prior to the withdrawal and then after she was released from representing him there was a delay to allow new counsel to get up to speed. Just a guess. I haven't seen too many reported details on the source of their tension which doesn't surprise me considering privilege. jmo/moo
Parents charged with locking boy in cage sued by their former attorney

Timothy and Tracy Ferriter, arrested and charged in February of 2022, were represented by Attorney King until November of 2022, after they parted ways over "irreconcilable differences."

Now, King is suing Timothy Ferriter.

COURTROOM OBSERVATIONS: State is done with the beginning of their closings. I didn’t notice any jurors writing during the presentation. The gallery has many more people than it usually does. The Ferriter daughters are here, but no communication or eye contact with their parents.

jmo

IIRC the detective said they got a subpoena for the camera IMMEDIATELY, before maybe the kid was even found. It sounded like they had it within hours. I guess LE has Ring on speed dial....

IIRC the detective said they got a subpoena for the camera IMMEDIATELY, before maybe the kid was even found. It sounded like they had it within hours. I guess LE has Ring on speed dial....

That makes sense to me. They get the warrant, some time passes before it's returned, they review it, they go to defense counsel and say listen this is what we've got on your guy and make the offer. Maybe she even negotiated it down from the state's initial offer and he still refused to accept it after she successfully knocked off time. We may never know, and so it's a total guess that this is what fueled the animosity between them but it's the thing I thought of because it's the one thing that makes the most sense (to me). If it was this and if he is convicted I'm thinking this will haunt him.

jmo

That makes sense to me. They get the warrant, some time passes before it's returned, they review it, they go to defense counsel and say listen this is what we've got on your guy and make the offer. Maybe she even negotiated it down from the state's initial offer and he still refused to accept it after she successfully knocked off time. We may never know, and so it's a total guess that this is what fueled the animosity between them but it's the thing I thought of because it's the one thing that makes the most sense (to me). If it was this and if he is convicted I'm thinking this will haunt him.

jmo
IIRC LE got the footage same day or something close. There was basically no wait. I was surprised at this, but it was in the detective's testimony. He was on it immediately. He got the whole picture of the situation maybe before the child even showed back up at school.

I bet Tim didn't pay his first attorney.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back