GUILTY FL - Boy in a Box abuse trial - Parents, Timothy & Tracy Ferriter Arrested, Jupiter, Feb 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Judge: "Repetitive, consistent berating of the child....it seems to me that a jury could conclude that it is torturous...." Defense arguing to dismiss aggravated child abuse and sites the 5 prongs needed for that charge. In that, one is "torturous".

He made a remark about his intelligence more than once. This man is sick.

jmo
Yes! Dad comes off to me like a guy who fancies himself smart but is not and is self-conscious about it.

Instead of having a regular conversation with RF about his books and homework it’s always a “gotcha” type quiz.

How unpleasant.

I rewatched 1st 2 days of trial by skipping around through it. Did they ever call the contractor? I don't remember seeing him. If not, did the judge not allow it as prejudicial?

Last edited:
I find this thread very interesting. Everyone seems to agree that what these parents did to their son is deplorable, and a form of child abuse, and I definitely don't disagree. What I do find intriguing is that if the child was a defendant instead of the victim, lots of us all over WS would be calling for him to be locked up exactly like this, the only real difference being that he would not be locked in the dark.
Obviously I am over simplifying it, but I hope you understand what I mean.

If you don't count the alleged beating, then how is this much different to prison?, which is where many people call for 14 Yr old children to be.

To be clear, I have no time for how these parents treated their son.
The prosecution psychiatrist made very clear the conditions here are MUCH harsher than juvie. In juvie, you are not kept in the dark, you can call for help, you get food, you can socialize, have a toilet, drink as much water as you want, have enough food (including a balance of nutrients), have ability to buy from commissary, have temperature control. These were not allowed to RF.

Now I see an older woman behind him, and a priest next to her. If that woman is his mother, the grandmother, she's just as responsible imo for not stopping this. And, that priest, well I won't elaborate my thoughts on that.

jmo

Can the Ferriters still be charged in AZ?

I wish I knew more facts about the events in AZ. Was the information about there being a first "box" in the AZ garage only provided by him on direct testimony here? The authorities there might not have ever known about this in which case I'd guess, probably no charges.

It seems from the testimony we've heard that this child never reported these parents to any school authority. He was an elementary school child. He probably thought he deserved it; that they (the parents) were right, and that everyone might get treated like this if they mess up. If only he had told someone. This case is tragic. Judge threw out one count. Hope he's convicted on all others.

jmo

Last edited:
Sorry, defense (not sorry) anything done by minor child, does not justify parents' behavior toward the child. Seek professional assistance, if he's supposedly uncontrollable, or you're in fear, which I never heard anyone state being in fear of child, thus far. Instead of teaching child bad behavior. Child is a reflection of parents' behavior and parents taught child to act out. I suspect this child wasn't given much love early on in his life - no bonding (after the adoption), not going to comment on what may have happened to child prior to the first 17 months of child's life.
Speculation. Moo

See this expert? :rolleyes: This is why Dr. Kinsey in Murdaugh was so well received.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back