GUILTY FL - Boy in a Box abuse trial - Parents, Timothy & Tracy Ferriter Arrested, Jupiter, Feb 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardenista

Reaction score
This is a new trial that starts Monday and will be on both Law & Crime and CourtTV. Some local news channels might stream it too. The parent's trials have been severed and Timothy's trial is first.

It's pretty crazy because, if you just read the headlines, you would think this is a slam dunk case. However, Timothy was offered a sweet plea deal last week (2 years and he is facing 40 if convicted) and he turned it down. So it sounds like the state's case isn't as strong as you would think.

I did some reading and found out the child has Reactive Attachment Disorder. You can read about what the parents went through here

This is another good article

There are dozens of articles on this case if you want to get up to speed before the trial.

Here's the letter that the parent's attorney wrote that outlines the child's behavior

Great!!

Jennifer Trefelner, a spokeswoman for the Diocese of Palm Beach, told WPTV that Tracy Ferriter worked as an aide at All Saints Catholic School from March 2014 until June 2017.

YOUR THOUGHTS? In an unheard-of ruling, the judge in our new trial has ruled that the media can broadcast jurors' faces if we choose. "Breaking with recent courthouse tradition, Coates acknowledged that after researching case law, there is no prohibition from showing potential and actual jurors." Coates plans to tell prospective jurors they may be shown on TV, saying he doesn’t know how that will affect their willingness to serve. However, he says their names and addresses will remain sealed until after the verdict. #timothyferriter Via @WPBF25News
https://wpbf.com/article/jury-selection-begins-friday-in-case-of-jupiter-florida-man-charged-with-keeping-adopted-son-in-garage-box/45363660

Coates made an unexpected ruling Thursday that he will not prohibit the media from broadcasting jurors' faces if they choose to do so.

“There will be no prior restraint on the media’s ability to publish any of the video or photographs that it takes during any phase of the proceedings,” Coates said.

Breaking with recent courthouse tradition, Coates acknowledged that after researching case law, there is no prohibition from showing potential and actual jurors.

Coates plans to tell prospective jurors they may be shown on TV, saying he doesn’t know how that will affect their willingness to serve. However, he says their names and addresses will remain sealed until after the verdict.

Last edited:
Wow. I guess this will be my new trial to watch.

DIY health care for a child’s serious emotional problems doesn’t seem like a good idea.

However, I have heard of a similar technique before-taking everything out of the child’s room but the bed, allowing them simple food only, bathroom only, until they submit.

Supposedly it works for some. Seems to me like a way to build hate in the child’s heart. But I’m no expert.

YOUR THOUGHTS? In an unheard-of ruling, the judge in our new trial has ruled that the media can broadcast jurors' faces if we choose. "Breaking with recent courthouse tradition, Coates acknowledged that after researching case law, there is no prohibition from showing potential and actual jurors." Coates plans to tell prospective jurors they may be shown on TV, saying he doesn’t know how that will affect their willingness to serve. However, he says their names and addresses will remain sealed until after the verdict. #timothyferriter Via @WPBF25News
https://wpbf.com/article/jury-selection-begins-friday-in-case-of-jupiter-florida-man-charged-with-keeping-adopted-son-in-garage-box/45363660

Coates made an unexpected ruling Thursday that he will not prohibit the media from broadcasting jurors' faces if they choose to do so.

“There will be no prior restraint on the media’s ability to publish any of the video or photographs that it takes during any phase of the proceedings,” Coates said.

Breaking with recent courthouse tradition, Coates acknowledged that after researching case law, there is no prohibition from showing potential and actual jurors.

Coates plans to tell prospective jurors they may be shown on TV, saying he doesn’t know how that will affect their willingness to serve. However, he says their names and addresses will remain sealed until after the verdict.
Additional info from Cathy Russon in a post on X...

TO BE CLEAR: I'm not saying we will show jurors, I don't see any value in that, I think the ruling is so unusual and was curious on opinions. I don't believe any media will go out of their way to film a juror.

I did watch one of the preliminary hearings where the attorney for the defendants had obtained medical records for the child (prior to or at the time of the parents' arrest) and were asking the judge about using these records as evidence, among a few other things. It was interesting and certainly offered suggestions that the child possibly had some serious issues, actions, and/or habits.

I was planning to watch another trial this week... guess I'll be splitting my time between both cases now.

Last edited:
The Florida father accused of locking up his adopted son inside a room he had built in the family’s garage heads to trial this week. Timothy Ferriter faces charges of aggravated child abuse, false imprisonment and neglect of a child, court records show.

According to his arrest affidavit out of Palm Beach County, Jupiter officers were contacted by a contract worker after Ferriter asked him to build an office in his garage in December 2021, but once he completed his work, he thought the entire project “was very strange,” according to the affidavit.

“The room was built as an 8-foot-by-8-foot space in the garage with its own ceiling and door. [The worker] further advised the door had added a bolt lock and knob only on the outside, no knob inside so if someone were inside the office they would not be able to exit until someone opened the door for them from the outside. [The worker] state he was also instructed to build this space with electricity and install a window air conditioning unit as well as a camera in the ceiling.”

Father accused of locking teen in tiny makeshift room and beating him with belt faces trial

Sep 29th, 2023, 11:22 am

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back