FL - Brandi Peters, 27, & her 3 kids found murdered, Tallahassee, 20 Nov 2010 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think there was any court ordered paternity test. Based on this morning's testimony, he was the legal father because he signed the birth certificate and the child support services did not do a DNA test. He would've had to do that on his own and go to court to remove himself as the legal father and he never did that. So he never got a DNA test. (In any case as of today we know for a fact he was the father so that wouldn't have happened anyway; he was on the hook for that baby for another 16 years)

And you're spot on about him injecting the hair braider (not a word, I know) into the conversation so that he can distance himself from the situation by saying the baby probably wasn't even his!

Right...about him saying he was there on Wednesday for a short while...in case DNA was found and in case someone saw him he would probably say he was there Wednesday and the person is confused.

Everything he's doing is classic guilty killer. He's a stone cold killer. The fact that he was so composed in that interview threw me off for a bit because usually they talk a lot to explain things away and manipulate cops. But as you've just pointed out, in actuality he did do that!! He wasn't verbose but what he said was all unnecessary information from the perspective of someone who just found out his son and baby mama were killed.

thank you for the clarification your response is exactly what I mean and feel but worded much better!

does his "thinking" Javante is not his make it easier for him to kill? beyond despicable just sickening to think

BUT by him bringing that up he just added to his motive....IMO

Last edited:
I think he knew Javante was his. That's why he didn't bother with the DNA test and didn't bother to go to court to detach himself from the child support. Any reasonable person who believed he wasn't the father would've done so imo. But I think there was a lot of back and forth fighting going on. I think she was provoking him as evidenced by the alleged voicemail saying he was stupid to sign a birth certificate when the child isn't even his. Not saying she was to blame for what happened - just trying to imagine the scenario prior to the murders. She also didn't petition for child support until the boy was 2 years old I believe. So I think something happened to set her off, and she was a woman scorned leading up to the murders. There's usually a catalyst in these types of cases. I wonder if she knew he wanted to go overseas and he had pissed her off and she petitioned to get back at him. Or she knew he was about to make a lot of money and she wanted him to pay. Either way, it's his duty to pay child support. I just think there was volatility leading up to the murders.

ETA: Texts being shown now demonstrate that Brandi was threatening him. About cleaning him out through the IRS. I can't believe he was forwarding Brandi's texts to his wife.

Last edited:
I think he knew Javante was his. That's why he didn't bother with the DNA test and didn't bother to go to court to detach himself from the child support. Any reasonable person who believed he wasn't the father would've done so imo. But I think there was a lot of back and forth fighting going on. I think she was provoking him as evidenced by the alleged voicemail saying he was stupid to sign a birth certificate when the child isn't even his. Not saying she was to blame for what happened - just trying to imagine the scenario prior to the murders. She also didn't petition for child support until the boy was 2 years old I believe. So I think something happened to set her off, and she was a woman scorned leading up to the murders. There's usually a catalyst in these types of cases. I wonder if she knew he wanted to go overseas and he had pissed her off and she petitioned to get back at him. Or she knew he was about to make a lot of money and she wanted him to pay. Either way, it's his duty to pay child support. I just think there was volatility leading up to the murders.

ETA: Texts being shown now demonstrate that Brandi was threatening him. About cleaning him out through the IRS. I can't believe he was forwarding Brandi's texts to his wife.

and BAM we got our catalyst right there...

I don't know how he was not convicted first trial. Still waiting to see how compelling Santos testimony is or if that even happens.

#SeguraRetrial - Texts from Brandi to Segura then expert says it appears Segura forwards them to his wife 3 days before murders " ..I'm goin 2 call them in da mrning so don't pay UR *advertiser censored* will be n jail""..u don't hav 2 text back but I'm goin 2 cu n court I'm calln them …"

#SeguraRetrial - Text message from Brandi Peters to Henry Segura 3 days before the murders, " UR mama da & I'm gonna wait 2 Yall taxes I'm calln da IRS & tell them that Yall live together so I can get both of Yall money LOL!!! "

The questions the defense ask don't make any sense for their case. He seems pretty clueless. Or is he just waiting to present his hitman case.
I am so late to this case. I probably should not be commenting. I was wondering if it is the same attorneys as last time and what may or may not have been excluded from this trial. I will try to catch up tonight. I know just enough to be a dangerous commentor:oops:

Appreciate everyone's comments for those like me that are late to the party;)

I am so late to this case. I probably should not be commenting. I was wondering if it is the same attorneys as last time and what may or may not have been excluded from this trial. I will try to catch up tonight. I know just enough to be a dangerous commentor:oops:

Appreciate everyone's comments for those like me that are late to the party;)
Don't feel bad about commenting. I haven't been able to follow real close this time. I am just too busy, so I catch when I can. Then rely on the rest of you. I am curious on the outcome of the trial. I hope they can convict him. I feel he is guilty!

The DNA and cell phone testimony is mind numbingly boring. I couldn’t really follow everything, I have to admit. I think the main thing with the cell phone testimony is the secret cell phone he called Brandi on using *67. And the text msgs posted above. Oh and that he was in the cell tower by Brandi’s the day of the murder using the secret phone.

Prosecution will rest tmr morning and the 3 liars are being transported from jail to testify for defense. Curious to see if Santos takes the stand this time. Washington is a professional snitch based on his cross from the last trial. I don’t know who the 3rd guy is but I’m certain all 3 are liars. It’s clear Segura did this. JMO.

Don't feel bad about commenting. I haven't been able to follow real close this time. I am just too busy, so I catch when I can. Then rely on the rest of you. I am curious on the outcome of the trial. I hope they can convict him. I feel he is guilty!
:DConsider my post my disclaimer as being not as up to date on things as I should be:p
My other case thread seems to be dead....:(
I was intrigued by this case when he requested the 6 trial jury for a death penalty trial and my other case was in Tallahassee as well (Dan Markel Murder).
:mad:Guilty as charged from what I have seen so far. I am so tired of these mistrials.....Happy sleuthing everyone!

Cathy Russon[URL='https://twitter.com/cathyrusson']@cathyrusson[/URL]

#SeguraRetrial - HUGE DAY TOMORROW. The state will call it's final witness, DNA expert Dr. McElfresh and play a jailhouse call, then will rest. The defense will begin their case. Three inmates will be transported to court. Descriptions in the following tweets?

Cathy Russon@cathyrusson

#SeguraRetrial - Defense will call Gregory Washington -Inmate/confidential informant that worked with police to elicit a confession from DeMario Paramore. Paramore told him he committed the murders with a man named Heywood Griffin. He will be transported to court in the morning

Cathy Russon@cathyrusson

#SeguraRetrial - Defense will call Heywood Griffin - DeMario Paramore told Gregory Washington that he and Griffin committed the murders. He will be transported to court in the morning.

[URL='https://twitter.com/cathyrusson']Cathy Russon@cathyrusson
[/URL]
#SeguraRetrial - The most anticipated testimony tomorrow will be from James Carlos Santos - Claims he ordered the hit on Brandi and her kids. He will be transported to court in the morning.
https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

FYI: if you have not discovered this; there is a good short video (15min) on YouTube summarizing HG's criminal history from a Tallahassee based lawyer that is covering the trial (search MentourLawyer).

Two Domestic Violence incidents with details pulled from public records involving 1.) Day 2 trial Witness
2). Wife

1st event with Day 2 trial Witness allegations include: rape, attack, pushed, restrained, tire slashing, threating her life, driving by her house (from memory she really downplayed the severity of this at trial - she eventually dismisses the restraining order)

2nd event with Wife allegations include: strangulation, pushing - wife finds girlfriend numbers on phone

Too bad all this can't be admissible at trial. He seems to have a propensity for violence against women and has no problem attacking a woman in front of minors (his son called 911).

IMO Santos is a crazy sociopath wanna be

Henry Segura Retrial Day 2 - Inv Mark Lewis - Henry Segura's Police Interview One Day After Murders

Interesting how Segura says he heard Brandi and the kids were “killed” . He does not say “murdered”.
IMO that’s how he justifies it, they were killed (like they died in a car accident). Not murdered.

MOO

I was just trying to embed the Tweets but couldn't figure it out. You beat me to it!! lol
I just highlight them then copy and paste then delete tweeters profile picture because it always lands funky in the pasting as well as there twitter "handle".

Henry Segura Retrial Day 3 - Silas Thornton - Defendant's Friend & Vance Wiggins - Child Support

Henry Segura Retrial Day 3 - Vance Wiggins & Joellen Brown - Ret DNA Analyst

Henry Segura Retrial Day 3 - Sgt Christopher Corbitt - Cell Phone Expert Part 2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway