FL - Brandi Peters, 27, & her 3 kids found murdered, Tallahassee, 20 Nov 2010 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cathy Russon@cathyrusson
#SeguraRetrial - Prosecution will rest this morning after their final witness, DNA expert Dr. McElfresh who will testify about the DNA found on the bathtub grab bar. They will also play a jailhouse call. Defense will then begin. BIG DAY, don't miss it! https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/henry-segura/watch-live-henry-segura-murder-retrial-in-deaths-of-girlfriend-brandi-peters-and-her-3-kids/

Cathy Russon@cathyrusson
#SeguraRetrial - Prosecution objecting to admissibility of a letter sent from James Carlos Santos to Brandi Peters the day of the murders. On the envelope defense says it said, "Mr. Mailman, Brandi has moved on to heaven with her three little angels, forward this letter there."

Cathy Russon@cathyrusson
#SeguraRetrial - In the first trial, Brandi's neighbor, Ceisly Timmons, testified that Brandi came to her house with a letter - on the envelope it said, Death before dishonor. Word is bond. Bond is life. And a man should give his life before his word fails.

I guess (like Scott Peterson) we are expected to believe Segura was one of those lucky guys that -an evil happenstance- made all of his problems go away.
Santos is an insane sociopath IMO who, bored in incarceration,is seeking any attention fuel to feel powerful.
Horrible & tragic that her family has to be subjected to all this!

May justice prevail
MOO

FYI: if you have not discovered this; there is a good short video (15min) on YouTube summarizing HG's criminal history from a Tallahassee based lawyer that is covering the trial (search MentourLawyer).

Two Domestic Violence incidents with details pulled from public records involving 1.) Day 2 trial Witness
2). Wife

1st event with Day 2 trial Witness allegations include: rape, attack, pushed, restrained, tire slashing, threating her life, driving by her house (from memory she really downplayed the severity of this at trial - she eventually dismisses the restraining order)

2nd event with Wife allegations include: strangulation, pushing - wife finds girlfriend numbers on phone

Too bad all this can't be admissible at trial. He seems to have a propensity for violence against women and has no problem attacking a woman in front of minors (his son called 911).

Thanks for the info. Would that be the video titled, "Henry Segura Jr. - A history of violence? The Rap Sheet. The Tallahassee Quadruple Murder Case."

Did I find it or should I look for something else?

Today's DNA testimony tweets BBM

Karl Etters@KarlEtters
McElfresh has put in a lot of time reviewing low frequency DNA samples since 1984. Helped Id the remains in the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and victims from the 9/11 attack and Thailand tsunami

Karl Etters@KarlEtters
McElfresh reviewed the controversial grab bar DNA mixture sample from the tub where the children were found: "It is 700 billion times more likely that mixture is a result of Brandi Peters, the twins and Mr. Segura.

Karl Etters@KarlEtters
Previously, an FDLE analyst who reviewed the same sample said she couldn't determine if Segura was a contributor

Karl Etters@KarlEtters
McElfresh testified under questioning from Segura's attorney Nate Prince that he came to his determination about the sample after being asked to review it again by the State Attorney's Office.

Karl Etters@KarlEtters
The sample was a part of the original data he was given but didn't find the same result

A few minutes ago:
CTV alluded to the fact Segura is up first instead of Santos possibly because defense is having trouble with their star witness, Santos.
CTV also said Segura was smiling at the close of Prosecutor’s case.

MOO

Segura testimony:
Just like his police interview on the day of murder...
He gives too many details AND they are all about how wonderful he is...blah blah blah
His drug of choice was sex?
This all is so rehearsed!
What a guy.

MOO

I couldn't hear the jailhouse call with the wife! Ugh. Anyone know if there's a transcript of it somewhere?
I could not hear either....only thing I could find.

Jada E. Williams @JadaEWilliams
In a jail call, Segura tells his wife that he had given his life up for her. Says he meant his desire to keep his infidelity a secret made him look guilty. #henrysegura #SeguraMurderRetrial

Julie Montanaro WCTV
@JulieMontanaroW
Woman crying, “You don’t love me,” she tells Segura. “We’re sacrificing so much. We’re suffering over here.”
@WCTV

This guy is a piece of work. Sociopath. He admitted he parked at the church, laying in wait for her mother to leave. Once the mother left, he didn't drive to Brandi's house, he left the car parked in the church and crossed through a neighbor's yard.

He lied about starting the child support paperwork. He said he did and then later on during direct exam he said she did. He said Brandi was telling him the boy wasn't his after he moved out and moved on from playing daddy of the year. But yet he claims he was the first to file child support paperwork? But in his FIRST response to child support services he's trying to get off child support claiming the boy isn't his and he has voicemail evidence.

He owed $20k in child support for another child whose mother had put him in jail (among revocation of his driver's license and passport) for failure to pay. He was drowning in child support back pay (completely hemmed in for another 15 years for both kids) and when Brandi got pissed off and threatened him he snapped and killed her. He's an arrogant, misogynistic, amoral piece of . I hope the jury can see right through him and give him death! He makes me sick.

While on break, remember our victims....let's hope justice is served.

50aafbc6026c2.image.jpg

This guy is a piece of work. Sociopath. He admitted he parked at the church, laying in wait for her mother to leave. Once the mother left, he didn't drive to Brandi's house, he left the car parked in the church and crossed through a neighbor's yard.

He lied about starting the child support paperwork. He said he did and then later on during direct exam he said she did. He said Brandi was telling him the boy wasn't his after he moved out and moved on from playing daddy of the year. But yet he claims he was the first to file child support paperwork? But in his FIRST response to child support services he's trying to get off child support claiming the boy isn't his and he has voicemail evidence.

He owed $20k in child support for another child whose mother had put him in jail (among revocation of his driver's license and passport) for failure to pay. He was drowning in child support back pay (completely hemmed in for another 15 years for both kids) and when Brandi got pissed off and threatened him he snapped and killed her. He's an arrogant, misogynistic, amoral piece of ****. I hope the jury can see right through him and give him death! He makes me sick.
Despicable. I see he has maintained his nervous laugh as well. That annoys the f###k out of me. What a bunch of BS. Now we have the three liars coming up.

I am scared the jury is eating this up. A tweeter posted the jury is really taking notes during his testimony. I just hope they are picking up on all the lies and discrepancies. I can't believe all the comments on SM; the majority believe he is innocent.

I wonder what the make-up of jury is: men/women/age/race.

He broke up with Tyra because Tyra got a restraining order against her. Tyra claims rape, restraint, stalking behavior in her request for restraining order.

HG also had a previous perjury case.

MentourLawyer video briefly discusses some of this.

This cross is excellent!!! Much better than the last trial!! Wow. I'm impressed with this prosecutor. It was a good call to have a female prosecutor cross examine him!
WOW Judge just yelled at him!!!!!!!! I am behind on video....

Love Judge Hankinson

ETA: added tweet. Boy someone's true character is coming to light

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
#SeguraRetrial - FIREWORKS between the judge and Segura. Segura was speaking over the prosecutor. Judge asked him to stop, he kept going, judge yells, "Be quiet!" Segura looks at him with disgust, "Who you pointing at? Who you pointing at? I'm a grown man."

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ezinu
Back