FL - Brandi Peters, 27, & her 3 kids found murdered, Tallahassee, 20 Nov 2010 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Two major things happened in the retrial, add that with a smaller jury and I can see it taking way less time...just my thoughts
  • Santos plead the FIFTH when he took the stand in the first trial but his name was thrown out there as having confessed to the murders
  • This trial/jury was able to see Santos for what he was a crazy liar
  • Washington took the stand in first trial and implicated two other inmates he was housed with as committing the murders
  • Washington refused to testify this round

Excellent points! Yeah Santos is crazy and made Prince lose credibility. I’m surprised Prince didn’t play Washington’s testimony from previous trial. But even if he had Washington is another loon. Can’t imagine that would’ve changed the outcome.

But Santos pleading the 5th created reasonable doubt in the last trial! It probably made it seem like there’s *something* else going on. Wow. Isn’t that ironic?

Excellent points! Yeah Santos is crazy and made Prince lose credibility. I’m surprised Prince didn’t play Washington’s testimony from previous trial. But even if he had Washington is another loon. Can’t imagine that would’ve changed the outcome.

But Santos pleading the 5th created reasonable doubt in the last trial! It probably made it seem like there’s *something* else going on. Wow. Isn’t that ironic?
I think it made a big difference seeing Santos live in action on the stand. I am not sure exactly what was allowed last trial re: Santos but when it came down to it; he got on the stand and plead the fifth.

Last trial all of the recordings where allowed re: Washington, Washington was wired for these confessions. Prince tried but the judge would not allow the complete video this times since Washington refused to testify to them and I might add they were BS.

It is very ironic in light of the GUILTY verdict and the speed of it; that NONE of the lies were believed. Not so smart. If I was him I would have said I lied because I was at the crime scene earlier and scared being there I would be framed/charged....that is more believable than all the other BS presented.
ETA: to reword took out last person there to being there earlier

Last edited:
Just watched the Verdict and Prince and the defense were totally stunned by the results. They were very confident that they were going to get a not guilty. That is not fair to HS they should be prepared for any outcome.

You can never predict what a jury is going to do. It could end up one of three ways. Guilty, not guilty and hung. Any Lawyer should know that and not look like such a sore loser like Prince looked like. imo

I don't think the defense has any idea what they are going to do for the next phase of the trial.

People don't realize how many proffers were done on Santos and HOW much is information is released via the Florida news. Santos was serving time in a Florida prison when the Avila name hit the media.

He testified in front of the judge(s) before trial multiple times and not once does he mention Avila. I don't think Segura's defense attorney believed Santos but they ran with it. Once the Avila name hit the news, Santos contacts the defense. The defense goes BACK and questioned Santos and of course he starts including Angel Avila in his ramblings. It is the only correspondence Santos submitted that was typewritten all others were handwritten....

I am very amazed by the prosecutor. He was not the original prosecutor on the first trial. Can you imagine how hard it would be to get up to speed on a trial with this many players.

Just watched the Verdict and Prince and the defense were totally stunned by the results. They were very confident that they were going to get a not guilty. That is not fair to HS they should be prepared for any outcome.

You can never predict what a jury is going to do. It could end up one of three ways. Guilty, not guilty and hung. Any Lawyer should know that and not look like such a sore loser like Prince looked like. imo

I don't think the defense has any idea what they are going to do for the next phase of the trial.
All I can say is god bless Prince for all his efforts. Segura can never appeal to lack of good counsel!

All of these people too cocky for my liking the prosecutor was humble in his interview.

Prince let the 8-4 poll for acquittal from the last trial get to his head. He got cocky decided to go for 6 jurors and implemented an all balls to the wall strategy. It seems to me the more ppl you have the higher your chances are of getting another hung jury again. Forcing state to decide if they want to keep pursuing this case for a 3rd time. He insulted everyone by putting Santos up and then wasted everyone’s time by over focusing on the DNA evidence which was a nothingburger.

All he had to do was argue reasonable doubt with 12 jurors and he may have gotten a hung jury again.

The way he was talking a mile a minute during closings and yelling I really wondered if he was in over his head! It seems like his client’s arrogance and narcissism had rubbed off on him. Sometimes defense counsel and the client tend to resemble each other much like a dog and its owner. Lol.

Guilty??? I'm absolutely delighted and flabbergasted at the same time !! I was sure he was going to get off.
MajorHopple me too, to all of the above.

I made the mistake of perusing comments on twitter and other media sites and was having major doubts in it being a Guilty verdict. It seems so many people believe he is innocent.

MajorHopple me too, to all of the above.

I made the mistake of perusing comments on twitter and other media sites and was having major doubts in it being a Guilty verdict. It seems so many people believe he is innocent.

There’s a lot of money to be made in the “wrongful conviction” racket. CourtTV and L&C commentators all push that angle. It is so tedious and disingenuous. All these smart ppl playing the game for clicks and drama. It’s actually quite infuriating to me.

I swear there are paid propaganda campaigns that push this message through chatters and tweets. You can tell because they all sound exactly the same! And they know nothing about the facts of the case. It’s the same tired tropes being repeated for everyone of these “wrongful conviction” cases that capture people’s attention. It’s a big fat joke IMO!

There’s a lot of money to be made in the “wrongful conviction” racket. CourtTV and L&C commentators all push that angle. It is so tedious and disingenuous. All these smart ppl playing the game for clicks and drama. It’s actually quite infuriating to me.

I swear there are paid propaganda campaigns that push this message through chatters and tweets. You can tell because they all sound exactly the same! And they know nothing about the facts of the case. It’s the same tired tropes being repeated for everyone of these “wrongful conviction” cases that capture people’s attention. It’s a big fat joke IMO!
I agree. I can't stomach watching the crime channels anymore. Years ago I enjoyed them but the trend now is everyone is innocent! It is a racket. Paid talking heads. I would not be surprised if this case is made into a one sided documentary. I see it coming!

DNA is another irksome thing now. It is weaponized to plant doubt because most people don't understand it. ME INCLUDED. They drone on and on about it, it numbs the mind. Of course it is a wonderful thing as well, but lately I am having a real love / hate relationship with it.

What were the biggest reasons for thinking that Segura is guilty? I would love to hear from the jury when the sentencing phase is complete.
I would love to hear from them as well. Last trial I followed, MentourLawyer on youtube was able to secure the only interview with one of the jurors on that case. He is based in Tallahassee so hopefully he can work his magic again.

Are you asking the thread why we think Segura is guilty?

Prince let the 8-4 poll for acquittal from the last trial get to his head. He got cocky decided to go for 6 jurors and implemented an all balls to the wall strategy. It seems to me the more ppl you have the higher your chances are of getting another hung jury again. Forcing state to decide if they want to keep pursuing this case for a 3rd time. He insulted everyone by putting Santos up and then wasted everyone’s time by over focusing on the DNA evidence which was a nothingburger.

All he had to do was argue reasonable doubt with 12 jurors and he may have gotten a hung jury again.

The way he was talking a mile a minute during closings and yelling I really wondered if he was in over his head! It seems like his client’s arrogance and narcissism had rubbed off on him. Sometimes defense counsel and the client tend to resemble each other much like a dog and its owner. Lol.

I think you hit the nail on the head! Plus I noticed that Prince had his head down even before the judge started reading the verdict. He must of known he made many mistakes during the trial and during closing. I am sure he had a good read of the jurors during closing.

I haven't watched the closings yet. Just seen clips on CTV and his mouth is running 90 miles an hr. I don't see how anyone could follow him. It was almost like he didn't want you to follow him. imo

I am just so happy the jury listened closely to all of the evidence and decided on their own.

He testified in front of the judge(s) before trial multiple times and not once does he mention Avila. I don't think Segura's defense attorney believed Santos but they ran with it. Once the Avila name hit the news, Santos contacts the defense. The defense goes BACK and questioned Santos and of course he starts including Angel Avila in his ramblings. It is the only correspondence Santos submitted that was typewritten all others were handwritten....

I watched the closings but I admit to drifting in and out....did the prosecution hit on the timeline of this all? Because I think it makes it even more obvious how much of a liar Santos is.

Correct if wrong but this is my understanding:

Wednesday 1:30 Hearing without Jury/Segura present
Thursday 8:45 Sentencing Phase with Jury

Correct if wrong but this is my understanding:

Wednesday 1:30 Hearing without Jury/Segura present
Thursday 8:45 Sentencing Phase with Jury
That is what I heard also. The Defense and Prosecution thought it would take about 1 day. So should be done this week.

I watched the closings but I admit to drifting in and out....did the prosecution hit on the timeline of this all? Because I think it makes it even more obvious how much of a liar Santos is.
It is in prosecution cross rebuttal starting around 25 minutes in he starts debunking everything regarding Santos.

It is also in the trial elsewhere, maybe when he crosses Santos, don't know for sure where but somewhere in all this. LOL

Former prosecutor, Vinnie Politan is loving this. He has a guest panel consisting of three or four defense lawyers and he's grilling all of them on the guilty verdict. The guest panel is outraged. All of them believe Segura is innocent.

I think you hit the nail on the head! Plus I noticed that Prince had his head down even before the judge started reading the verdict. He must of known he made many mistakes during the trial and during closing. I am sure he had a good read of the jurors during closing.

I haven't watched the closings yet. Just seen clips on CTV and his mouth is running 90 miles an hr. I don't see how anyone could follow him. It was almost like he didn't want you to follow him. imo

I am just so happy the jury listened closely to all of the evidence and decided on their own.

Prince over explained Segura losing his temper at the judge and Segura’s distain for the repetitious (female) prosecutor. Prince then added that he told HS to be himself.
Lol, okayeeeee then.
I felt like Prince was hurling spaghetti at the entire room just hoping some would stick. Like a closing tantrum of sorts as he raised his voice at the jury.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6
Back