FL - Brandi Peters, 27, & her 3 kids found murdered, Tallahassee, 20 Nov 2010 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Prince over explained Segura losing his temper at the judge and Segura’s distain for the repetitious (female) prosecutor. Prince then added that he told HS to be himself.
Lol, okayeeeee then.
I felt like Prince was hurling spaghetti at the entire room just hoping some would stick. Like a closing tantrum of sorts as he raised his voice at the jury.

MOO

bbm

And talked so so so so fast! There was not time to digest what he was saying. I believe wholeheartedly that he believes his client is innocent. I get that. But you did not convince ME of that because you yelled at me at a rapid pace.

I would love to hear from them as well. Last trial I followed, MentourLawyer on youtube was able to secure the only interview with one of the jurors on that case. He is based in Tallahassee so hopefully he can work his magic again.

Are you asking the thread why we think Segura is guilty?
Thank you for your reply--Yes, I am interested in learning why people feel strongly that he is guilty. I have to be honest--I struggled with this one. I didn't find Segura to be sympathetic though. He didn't display the kind of feelings that I would think that any feeling person would when contemplating the murder of his own child- the little boy, the precious girls and their mother, but aside from opportunity and him having lied to the police about his whereabouts and the cell phone -- I still am not clear about how the jury was this comfortable with a guilty verdict. I will add that if they had found him not guilty, I wouldn't have felt comfortable either--so maybe in my heart, I have a sense, but the facts as I know them didn't completely convince me.

Thank you for your reply--Yes, I am interested in learning why people feel strongly that he is guilty. I have to be honest--I struggled with this one. I didn't find Segura to be sympathetic though. He didn't display the kind of feelings that I would think that any feeling person would when contemplating the murder of his own child- the little boy, the precious girls and their mother, but aside from opportunity and him having lied to the police about his whereabouts and the cell phone -- I still am not clear about how the jury was this comfortable with a guilty verdict. I will add that if they had found him not guilty, I wouldn't have felt comfortable either--so maybe in my heart, I have a sense, but the facts as I know them didn't completely convince me.

I will compose a post of my WHY's soon as I am sure everyone else will too. I just was not sure if you were looking for reasons from us and didn't want to be stupid and respond. :) I thought you might have meant from the jurors.

I also wanted to say that even though I joke on here (it is a coping mechanism for me), I took this case very seriously and tried my hardest to listen to all the testimony but; in this case I did miss some of it, as I joined late and then I also tried to watch the first trial which slowed me down even more. I have also looked into the old court records and read some of the motions which are easier to follow and shorter....the link for the records is:

https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/public/online_services/search_courts/search_by_name.asp

It was a very hard case to follow as their were so many liars involved....anyway that was long winded. Sorry. I will post my reasons soon.

edited to add link to court records

Last edited:
If they won - Would Segura not of gone after the state of Florida for wrongly incarcerating him 8,9 years?Walked away with half million or more.
Pay defense team, ...Book deal, Dr Phil, etc

- Monetary compensation for wrongful incarceration, which shall be calculated at a rate of $50,000 for each year of wrongful incarceration, prorated as necessary to account for a portion of a year. For persons found to be wrongfully incarcerated after December 31, 2008, the Chief Financial Officer may adjust the annual rate of compensation for inflation.
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

I think there was too much reasonable doubt for this conviction. I also think if I were on this jury, I might wish to review the evidence a little longer than a few hours.
imo... of course.
I felt the same way--it is just such an emotionally charged case with 3 innocent children and a single mother being dead--so incredibly gruesome that I think that influenced the verdict--people want to feel that we have found some justice (though there isn't any or not enough) for the innocent lives lost. I thought that the defense attorney did a fantastic job--I found his presentation to be easy to follow and convincing. The alleged motive didn't make sense to me nor did the facts prove to me "beyond a reasonable doubt" that Segura was guilty. If he didn't, who did? I found the DNA witnesses on both sides hard to follow. Had he been found not guilty, he wouldn't have been able to have been tried again, so this is better if there is sufficient doubt....I just am not comfortable that the jury got it right--it was a tough one.

What were the biggest reasons for thinking that Segura is guilty? I would love to hear from the jury when the sentencing phase is complete.

It would probably be easier for me if you told me what you have doubts about but here are some of my reasons:

I don't believe Santos at all; he has confessed to other crimes (claims he shot a man and police officer), he incorporated Angel Avila into his story after Avila's name was released in the press....so I totally do not believe the cartel hit theory....all the blood evidence as well, is pointing to one person as the killer. The horrific struggle is not indicative of a hit. WHO is going to kill children, someone that they could identify/Segura

the child support not being an issue. He says he initiated this process. That is not true. Court records show Brandi did. He claims Brandi and him were working it out. Not true she was also filing with the IRS to garnish his refund. The timing of his visit to Brandi, he has not seen her for months. He is also trying to get his other child's mom to reduce her support as well. He is not doing well financially. He is behind on his mortgage.

he asked two people for a gun the weeks before her murder, he has his own gun but suddenly it is missing, the snitch stated HG told him he hid the gun in his car motor, HG is trying to get rid of a car

his cell phone places him at the crime scene during the time of the murders, Brandi's cell has no activity, Brandi's cell is missing who has reason to take this, calling her with his number blocked

he lied about being home but his text messages from his wife prove she did not know were he was

he has had years to review all his case evidence and testimony to tailor his story

most crimes only have circumstantial evidence as this one does, there is enough for me to convict

Former prosecutor, Vinnie Politan is loving this. He has a guest panel consisting of three or four defense lawyers and he's grilling all of them on the guilty verdict. The guest panel is outraged. All of them believe Segura is innocent.

VP had the prosecutors on and his questions took up 3/4 of the interview. He’s so long winded and loves to hear himself talk. And he ends up asking the most boring and trivial questions. Because they all have a directive to play up “WRONGFUL CONVICTION” on every case the whole thing just feels so disjointed. Ugh. I’m so sick of this performative outrage period that we’re living in. It’s so cynical. And no one actually promotes the genuine wrongful conviction cases. They do one story and move on. That’s how you know they don’t GAF about wrongful convictions it’s all about clicks. But these narcissistic sociopaths get all this airtime and handwringing! What a waste!

I was curious about where these crimes happened. According to court testimony the victims lived at 908 Saddle Creek Run, Tallahassee, FL 32301.

Saddle Creek Run goes east and west. 908 Saddle Creek Run is on the north side of the road. It's the third house to the east of the intersection of Saddle Creek Run and Jim Lee Rd. Below is a link to a Google satellite map:

Google Maps

It would probably be easier for me if you told me what you have doubts about but here are some of my reasons:

I don't believe Santos at all; he has confessed to other crimes (claims he shot a man and police officer), he incorporated Angel Avila into his story after Avila's name was released in the press....so I totally do not believe the cartel hit theory....all the blood evidence as well, is pointing to one person as the killer. The horrific struggle is not indicative of a hit. WHO is going to kill children, someone that they could identify/Segura

the child support not being an issue. He says he initiated this process. That is not true. Court records show Brandi did. He claims Brandi and him were working it out. Not true she was also filing with the IRS to garnish his refund. The timing of his visit to Brandi, he has not seen her for months. He is also trying to get his other child's mom to reduce her support as well. He is not doing well financially. He is behind on his mortgage.

he asked two people for a gun the weeks before her murder, he has his own gun but suddenly it is missing, the snitch stated HG told him he hid the gun in his car motor, HG is trying to get rid of a car

his cell phone places him at the crime scene during the time of the murders, Brandi's cell has no activity, Brandi's cell is missing who has reason to take this, calling her with his number blocked

he lied about being home but his text messages from his wife prove she did not know were he was

he has had years to review all his case evidence and testimony to tailor his story

most crimes only have circumstantial evidence as this one does, there is enough for me to convict

The Prosecutor brought out in closing that Segura & Santos we’re previously incarcerated together. He believes HS gave Santos Brandi’s address(Segura mentioned seeing the mailman across the street in his alibi interview. You or another Websleuther brought this up)
What is written on the inside of the envelope( playful flirting) and what written on the outside do NOT go together.
IMO Segura intercepted the envelope and wrote the threat to Brandi on the outside. Which ended up being a lead-in to Segura carrying out the massacre next day. Santos is crazy for attention has falsely confessed to many murders so of course IMO he said it is was his hand writing on envelope under oath...& created the bizarre story of Brandi being his drug mule.
My good friend is a family law attorney. When she shares,I am constantly shocked by what one human will do to another human, even to their own children in order to win/punish/dominate/be in control.
Yes very much in our society NOW is narcissistic-personality-disorder.
They have no conscience, no empathy. They live in a me me me world..their very existence/ego will stop at nothing,even murder, because they are entitled to have their way. They are charming story tellers, get off on lying, great at blame shifting, subject changing, deflecting, making other people doubt themselves. Rules don’t apply to them and they are smarter than everyone.
Very scary. So so many of them...Watts, Peterson...

MOO

I thought the prosecutor argued that Santos got Brandi's information from Cleo Green (her ex-boyfriend) who Santos had met in prison? Why the heck this ex-boyfriend would give Brandi's information to some nut job he met in prison is truly scary! After that I believe Santos started emailing Brandi, as the prosecutor contended, and she was rightfully scared that some random guy in prison was contacting her.

Thanks.
But weren't HS & Santos housed in the same place at one time?
If Brandi told her neighbor about Santos ,I’m pretty sure she shared the same fears with HS.
I got the message from prosecution closing that Segura ran with the cartel threat. HS staged it in his twisted mind (granted sloppy) to fit a cartel hit.

MOO

Florida jurors didn't give Luis Toledo the DP even though he killed his wife and her 2 kids. Many people argued it was because there were no bodies recovered. Perhaps. We'll see if these jurors give DP in this case. I mean, if drowning 2 children and shooting one in the head doesn't qualify for DP then I don't know what does!

Also, the audio is terrible on that Tallahassee Democrat video, sadly. But did I hear pros say that he had a prior felony conviction? What for? Does anyone know? And I hope they're going to bring in his DV issues as well.

I was curious about where these crimes happened. According to court testimony the victims lived at 908 Saddle Creek Run, Tallahassee, FL 32301.

Saddle Creek Run goes east and west. 908 Saddle Creek Run is on the north side of the road. It's the third house to the east of the intersection of Saddle Creek Run and Jim Lee Rd. Below is a link to a Google satellite map:

Google Maps

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Segura testify that on the day of the murders he didn't park at Brandi's house? Did he say that he parked at a church?

You can see the Life Deliverance Ministry church on the above map. It's a considerable distance from her house. Zoom out and look north.

Henry is in jailhouse stripes.
:)I was going to note that on the title but changed my mind;)

In addition to the standard jury instructions in today's hearing; the Judge granted the State’s request for special instructions to 3 factors (attached with changes noted).

The State will argue for the death penalty on 6 aggravating factors including attached and:

particularly heinous or cruel; children under 12 years old; committed in premediated manner

If the jury sticks to the letter of the law he SHOULD receive the Death Penalty......

Attachments

• specialjuryinstructions.pdf
    49.8 KB · Views: 2
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Segura testify that on the day of the murders he didn't park at Brandi's house? Did he say that he parked at a church?

You can see the Life Deliverance Ministry church on the above map. It's a considerable distance from her house. Zoom out and look north.
Yes at the church and waited what was it over 4 hours....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6
Back