FL - Brandi Peters, 27, & her 3 kids found murdered, Tallahassee, 20 Nov 2010 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So the signs of ongoing bickering, assaults, moving around are becoming very evident. I'm feeling a lot more convinced that the Child Support Orders PLUS the animosity between BP and the fathers could have been the perfect storm.

http://www.startribune.com/nation/1...DUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUvDEhiaE3miUsZ

It takes A LOT of effort to get through the courts for Child Support Orders - especially with back-pay. A lot of these "fathers" don't believe the Mother will actually push it all the way through. They don't pay attention and figure there's not much they can do about it anyway. Once the Mother finally gets the Order, I've seen these men become absolutely enraged....They DON'T like "losing" to these women who they see as being in complete control of them and their money.

Once they look a little bit deeper into the alibis and ask around, I'm sure they'll get everything fast. These aren't the brightest bulbs in the box.

Hmmm...How does a StayAtHomeMom pay the mortgage, bills, groceries, etc -when she hasn't even been getting Child Support?

Unemployment, Welfare, Disability, Medicaid, etc. definitely doesn't pay enough to pay all monthly expenses, and she lived in a decent little house/neighborhood.

that might be section 8 housing there which means you pay according to your income. when you apply for help they will go after the child support for you.
the timing of these court actions and the deaths look very suspicous.

BP got $774.00 per month in Child Support from Jevonte's father. She only got $307.00 per month from the twins' father. So the father that only has ONE child was going to have to pay DOUBLE what the father with TWO children was going to pay.
So clearly they based the amount on the fathers' incomes and assets.
Jevonte's father must be doing alright financially, and may have had more to lose. If he works a solid job, he will now HAVE to pay the back-pay (probably out of his paychecks) - in other words, he's on the books.
The twins' father, on the other hand, can pretty much evade paying anything if he doesn't have solid, consistent work with a ligitimate employer. As long as he keeps himself out of jail for anything else, he can float around scott-free.

One has a lot to lose financially, the other one has a criminal history that includes assault.

Didn't one article say the boys father wanted a paternity test, but the court said he signed the birth certificate so he would pay regardless?

Wow, I missed somethings yesterday...great work here. I think this is going to be a really big case, I am so sick of reading about children being killed! My prayer is that justice will be served!

RIP Brandi and kids! I hope they find out who did this to you and that justice be served soon.

This is Off Topic, (but it was mentioned a few threads back), so I thought others may be intertested:

"A woman who was killed along with her three children appeared in court earlier last week seeking child support from the father of her slain twin girls.

Court records examined Monday show a judge last Tuesday signed a
final order requiring Antonio L. Anthony, who had a lengthy
criminal record, to pay $307 a month plus retroactive support of
$22,925 to 27-year-old Brandi Peters.
Four days later Peters was found dead, along with the 6-year-old
twins, Tamiyah and Taniyah Peters, and her 3-year-old son, Joyante
Segura.

Peters also had obtained a final order for child support from
the boy's father, Henry Segura Jr., in August.

http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/Four_People_Found_Dead_In_Tallahssee_Home__109480054.html

I am guessing that they are looking closely at both of these men.

Money is one of the major reasons for killing someone, especially in these hard times.

My prayers go out to the families of Brandi Peters, Tamiyah & Taniyah Peters and Joyante Segura.

I brought this over from the other thread.

Updated 7:33 pm November 23rd

Investigators say the father of the twins, Antonio Anthony and the father of the little boy, Henry Segura, have both been questioned and officers are well aware that Peters was in court twice in the past few months trying to collect tens of thousands of dollars in child support from them.

"We can't rule anybody out at this point. We've interviewed both fathers. We do know about the background with the financial responsibilities and it's certainly something we as investigators think about, but again at this point, we have not named any suspects," McCranie said.

http://www.wctv.tv/floridanews/headlines/Four_People_Found_Dead_In_Tallahssee_Home__109480054.html

Updated 7:33 pm November 23rd

Investigators say the father of the twins, Antonio Anthony and the father of the little boy, Henry Segura, have both been questioned and officers are well aware that Peters was in court twice in the past few months trying to collect tens of thousands of dollars in child support from them.

"We can't rule anybody out at this point. We've interviewed both fathers. We do know about the background with the financial responsibilities and it's certainly something we as investigators think about, but again at this point, we have not named any suspects," McCranie said.

http://www.wctv.tv/floridanews/headlines/Four_People_Found_Dead_In_Tallahssee_Home__109480054.html

A lot of interesting comments.

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2010/nov...n-was-seeking-owed-child-support/?partner=RSS

The court file includes a letter Segura wrote in July asking for a paternity test based on a voicemail Peters had left for him.

"In the message she stated that I was stupid for signing a birth certificate for a child that was not even mine," Segura wrote.

Child welfare officials received a call in November 2005 alleging unsafe conditions at Peters' home, but the case was closed the following month with no finding of an immediate threat to the family, said Department of Children and Families spokesman Joe Follick.

Peters also had a criminal record. She was placed on probation for a year after pleading no contest to simple battery in exchange for a reduction from aggravated battery.

Last year, Peters was placed on community supervision for two years for aggravated assault with a weapon and grand theft.

A lot of interesting comments.

mmmm very interesting. I think the same person was posting there under a few different names. Seems fairly certain that people in the street saw something.

(Quote)
Brandi Peters, 27, and her three children — 6-year-old twin daughters Tamiyah and Taniyah Peters and 3-year-old son Javante Segura — were found dead by TPD officers Saturday morning at their house at 908 Saddle Creek Run.
Leon County Commissioner Bill Proctor and the Rev. Stanley Walker Sr., senior pastor at Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church, announced Tuesday there would be a prayer vigil in front of the home on Monday at 6 p.m.
Proctor said Walker, also president of the Tallahassee Interdenominational Ministerial Alliance, approached him with the idea for the vigil, something he feels is needed in the neighborhood.
"The community is in shock and little children were sleeping in the bed with their parents because they're so scared," Proctor said. "As long as the crime is still open, I think there is fear and uncertainty. We need to restore calm, confidence and courage." (End Quote)

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20101124/NEWS01/11240339/Community-to-hold-prayer-vigil-on-Saddle-Creek-Run

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal
Back