GUILTY FL - Brittany Tavar, 45, North Beach, 6 July 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Spyglass what an asset on this case! You totally know the area. So I have a question for everyone but especially you. Do you find filling up for gas at a little after 9:00 p.m. a little strange, on July 6th, a Tuesday, I think? Wouldn't you have the window down in your car, if your dogs were with you? It must still be pretty hot on July 6th even at 9:00 p.m? I think this gets us all leaning towards the theory they are taking a trip up to the Carolinas, but I don't think so after a more careful time analysis. BT's court date was the following day. She was working with friends on getting some statements together. This had been a big deal in her life and she had been working on this for weeks in advance. She would have delayed the "Carolina trip" until after the court date. They both had flexible schedules. Sadly, I think BT was harmed on the evening of July 6th or morning of the 7th. However, I think the evening of the 6th is far more likely.

Joseph Dean Roberts, DOB 04-02-1984, is a sociopath. A sociopath lies and manipulates to gain control (or what he wants). BT was a dream for any sociopath. BT confronted him on some lie or manipulation, he snapped, seeing his meal ticket slipping away, which angers most sociopaths, when they are called on their lies (losing control), and he harmed her (regains control). Her cell phone was never used after this date.

We really have no idea what happens from July 6, 2010 at 9:08 pm (the BP gas station) until July 8, 2010 at 2:20 p.m. in Walterboro SC (BT's Discover and Video). This is only 238 miles from BT's home. It would only take about 3 hours and 49 minutes to drive this route - per Mapquest. This leaves 38 hours and 170 miles in which Roberts can not be accounted for. There is video of this gas stop but only Joseph Roberts is seen, not BT and not the dogs. This gives him way too much time to remove BT from the initial crime scene and relocate her. It is quite possible that her dogs are not on this trip. They may be at BT's home with "the A/C blasting, lights on, music blaring and plenty of food" (as the cats would subsequently be left). The next timeline entry occurs later that same day, July 8, 2010 in Jonesville, North Carolina. This stop is at night at 9:20 p.m. (Discover) and no one sees anything on this encounter. This is 258 miles from his previous gas stop, takes about 4 hours to drive per Mapquest, leaving about 3 hours that can not be accounted for and 150 miles.

It is also interesting that the fuel tank on the 2004 RAV4 is 14.7 gallons and it gets about 28 mpg on the highway, so one would expect about 410 miles per tank. So he should not really even need gas yet, if he drove this route from point A to point B. This leaves about 150 miles we can't account for. I believe this trip assists him with his initial alibi and provides more than adequate time to remove BT from the crime scene. The excuse is, "We had this wonderful trip in the Carolina's and BT and I mutually agreed that our business venture probably wouldn't work out, and that I would pursue other interests upon our return, elsewhere." This is why he uses BT's credit cards, to draw everyone's attention to the Carolinas.

On July 9th, 2010, we find Roberts back at BT's residence in Florida. This is almost 500 miles from our last known gas stop. Hence, somewhere he purchased gas for the RAV 4 presumably with cash. We don't know what time both neighbors and the landscapers saw Roberts walking the dogs in front of BT's house. This would be very nice to know. Assume noon. This is another 6 1/2 hours we can't account for, assuming he drove the 500 miles in about 8 hours per Mapquest. Roberts posed for this "enconter." He is a cool cat. This completes his alibi, we returned from our trip and then I left. The rear door of the house is left unlocked, the house is cleaner than BT would have kept it, per one of her best friends, the dogs are missing and the "AC is blasting, lights and music on and cats well fed." Excuse: Someone broke into BT's house and harmed her. "It could not have been me because "my computer" was still there. They stole her car too. You think I harmed her and then came back? I'm not an idiot!"

Roberts did return. He had to inventory her house and steal any liquid assets, which would not be missed. Where is her watch? He has to remove any and all incriminating evidence, the trash, her diary or journal, etc. He has to cleanse the crime scene and leave the house, as if, it is occupied by BT. Any shovels or garden tools missing?

This is why he initially uses BT's credit cards but when he is in full flight mode which I call stealth mode, he never uses a credit card. He planned to travel to the west and then dispose of the RAV because that is the only thing that would link him to BT, then disappear. If found, he had his excuse mapped out and it would have worked but the Evanston Wyoming Police Department ruined his plans as did the micro chipped dogs and some video along the way. Details...

He travels back to the Carolina's this time with the dogs. Their collars are removed and he is not aware they are micro chipped. On July 10, 2010, he makes another big mistake, Kuebear is released, observed chasing a SUV, probably with Huey still in the vehicle and ultimately identified. Roberts did not plan on this. However, if he did, he draws us back to Hopkins SC. That is okay because he will be almost 3,000 miles away in just over one day. This takes us back to the Carolina's trip too. "The dogs ran away..." Huey is dumped nearby but Roberts learned from Kuebear and Huey was dropped in a more isolated area. No dramatic departures, no witnesses. Query: Can the eyewitnesses tell us what color the departing SUV was?

Now Roberts proceeds at a frenetic pace to the west. He travels directly to Evanston WY with few stops other than for gas and possibly food. The speeding stop essentially ties him to BT's disappearance. He is screwed now and he knows it. It is at this point, that he starts using BT's credit cards. It is pointless now. Conserve cash is the goal now and disappear. This behavior all but seals his fate, to BT's fate and he knows it.

He goes to Wal-Mart and buys a black vintage T-shirt and tan cargo pants. That is what he is wearing. He must be concerned about potential DNA evidence. Check out the video, no watch, no wallet. He is scanning the store and does not really look at the cashier. He is a cool cat here and uses a different credit card for the first time. Upon entering the store he disposes of trash from the RAV. Doesn't want it to look like he is traveling. Query: Is he a neat freak? Consistent with the way BT's house was left too. Note: one of his arrests was at a Wal-Mart. Yet he returns under these circumstances? He was caught stealing a $20 game at a Wal-Mart. This tells me he has been stealing from Wal-Mart for a long time. It is his comfort zone. He was not stealing a necessary item, he was stealing a discretionary game. You would only do this if you had little fear of being caught and/or used Wal-mart as your piggy bank while drifting. He thinks he has Wal-Mart completely scoped out.

I agree with Spyglass about Ocean Shores too. I live just outside of Seattle. Why would you travel to Ocean Shores, WA, it is far too small? My question to his family is: Where did he camp and hike while growing up in and around in Seattle? That is where we should be looking... I don't care where he vacationed. His plans may have changed, this may have been his original plan but now he must disappear.

He fills up the RAV at Pilot, so he is not stopping in Ontario OR. Figure, Ontario, OR plus 400 miles.

I talked to KNDU and asked them to clarify the Yakima WA sighting article:

It now reads (sorry BT):

Detectives said there have been reported sightings of Roberts in Washington State, including reports of Tavar's Rav4 being seen in the Yakima area over the weekend of July 24.

http://www.kndu.com/Global/story.asp?S=12878324

Welcome to Websleuths epiphaknee :balloons: so happy you joined us in the conversation! Happy posting (great first post!)

See http://wallowavalleyonline.com/main...nce-of-florida-woman-may-be-in-the-northwest/

Wherever Roberts is, detectives said he’s likely going to try to gain Internet access. In fact, detectives said Roberts is addicted to the Internet, and he could be following the investigation online.Detectives said Roberts is a drifter who lives on the fringes of society. They said it’s only a matter of time before someone recognizes his face.

According to the Wallowa County Sheriffs Office a vehicle with the description of Brittany Tavar’s Toyota has been reported about two weeks ago, but nobody has reported actually seeing him.

Wallowa County, Oregon is located in the northeast part of the state, with the Washington border to the north and the Idaho border to the east. It is a rural county and depends on agriculture as its primary source of commerce. It is lightly populated with only about 7,000 residents. Do a little Google searching to learn more about Enterprise, OR, Wallowa, OR or Joseph, OR (no doubt Robert's visited this small town).

Remember Flordia plate Q66 2NJ. Think Quick, Route 66 to New Jersey, to remember the plate number.

This would place Roberts in Wallowa County about August 7, 2010. See the earlier discussion of Roberts possibly being in Indianapolis, IN on August 4, 2010, at his Aunt's house - Claire W. Roberts.

My guess is that she's in or around Santee-Cooper. It only takes about 4 hours or less to travel from Walterboro to Jonesville. It took him 7 hours. He let the dogs out not far from Santee. I sure hope LE is looking for her around that area already.

Thank God the dogs had the chips! At least this helps with timeline. This is so scary and I truly fear for her life.
Gosh, I think of all those I have helped out in the past ... what a world we live in!

See http://wallowavalleyonline.com/main...nce-of-florida-woman-may-be-in-the-northwest/

Wherever Roberts is, detectives said he’s likely going to try to gain Internet access. In fact, detectives said Roberts is addicted to the Internet, and he could be following the investigation online.Detectives said Roberts is a drifter who lives on the fringes of society. They said it’s only a matter of time before someone recognizes his face.

According to the Wallowa County Sheriffs Office a vehicle with the description of Brittany Tavar’s Toyota has been reported about two weeks ago, but nobody has reported actually seeing him.

Wallowa County, Oregon is located in the northeast part of the state, with the Washington border to the north and the Idaho border to the east. It is a rural county and depends on agriculture as its primary source of commerce. It is lightly populated with only about 7,000 residents. Do a little Google searching to learn more about Enterprise, OR, Wallowa, OR or Joseph, OR (no doubt Robert's visited this small town).

Remember Flordia plate Q66 2NJ. Think Quick, Route 66 to New Jersey, to remember the plate number.

This would place Roberts in Wallowa County about August 7, 2010. See the earlier discussion of Roberts possibly being in Indianapolis, IN on August 4, 2010, at his Aunt's house - Claire W. Roberts.

respectfully bolded by me.

Hi Joe :seeya:

Turn yourself in. That wasn't a joke. :)

I hope LE in Wallowa Cty have the info on the Florida car/license plate.

The good thing it is sparsely populated. The bad thing is it's summer and lots of people pass through there.

Hi guys.... I stumbled on the Tavar thread while searching for information in another case. In Aiken, SC on 8/11/10, there was a strange case where a fire alarm alerted authorities to a nice home around 9 pm. They found the body of a 75 year old woman who had been living there for the past 10 years - strangled and burned - thus the fire alarm; Yana Schenker. While investigating that incident, they were called to a 'brush fire" a few miles away where the body of a currently unidentified white female was found 'partially clothed' and burned. The UID was wearing a turquoise ring that belonged to the 75 year old Yana Schenker. I live close to Aiken, and have been fascianted with this case. Early on, I was researching "horses boarded", "horses for sale" because Yana Schenker owned horses and moved to Aiken (a wealthy equestrian community) because of them. One of my search strings led to news reports about Tavar... not sure why. Anyways, today a sketch of the UID female was released - and she looks a lot like Tavar. Here is a link to the Aiken case, and a comparison of Tavar and the UID Aiken victim. Thoughts???

Two women strangled, burned. 75 year old ID'd, younger female remains unidentified. - Page 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/...nFireUIDvsBrittanyTavarMissingFromFlorida.jpg

I called the Aiken County Sheriff's office and gave them Brittany Tavar's name. The detective I spoke with was not aware of the Tavar case. He said a new sketch of the strangled and burned UID is going to be released soon and it will be better than the current one.

Wow... amazing resemblance! Yeah, times and ages are off, but absolutely worth looking into...

I called the Aiken County Sheriff's office and gave them Brittany Tavar's name. The detective I spoke with was not aware of the Tavar case. He said a new sketch of the strangled and burned UID is going to be released soon and it will be better than the current one.

First time poster - hope I did this right.

Raeann, I thought the same thing when I first saw that article. Was reading the Aiken newspaper online (I have family there) and immediately thought about Brittany. I am surprised to hear the Sheriff there did not know about it. I still think the key is where the dogs were found. I do have confidence in SLED.

Raeann, I thought the same thing when I first saw that article. Was reading the Aiken newspaper online (I have family there) and immediately thought about Brittany. I am surprised to hear the Sheriff there did not know about it. I still think the key is where the dogs were found. I do have confidence in SLED.

:Welcome-12-june: to WS Cat99 !!!!

Yes, welcome to WebSleuths Cat99! The Aiken County Sheriff's office released a new sketch of the unidentified woman strangled and burned in Aiken. I have placed it beside Brittany Tavar's photo for comparison. I
think at some point, this should be put in the Unidentified thread too.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/latest...ng-released-aiken-slaying-victim?v=1282837589
AikenFireUIDSketchvsTavarMissingFromFlorida.jpg

Does anyone know if its been detemined that this is not Brittany Tavar? TIA.

Nope..... we don't know if Brittany has been ruled out for the UID in Aiken. I am going to assume that since I told Aiken County LE about the possible match to Brittany, they would have contacted Florida authorities and obtained dental records. Of course.... I would still like to know that they carried through with that obvious action. I have learned to never assume anyone does what should be obvious. :innocent:

Thanks for the update Reannan. Please let us know if you get more info! :)

They have identified the body in Aiken, as a Shalamar Nicole Byrd. She was from Augusta, GA and had a criminal record. Her brother recognized her from the second sketch.... amazingly. The UID was supposed to have a 'very prominent chin', 'full lips' and 'reddish-blonde hair'. I don't see any of those things in the identified's real picture. Strange.....
ShalamarNicoleByrdandAikenUIDSketch.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jajanes