FL FL - Broward Co, WhtFem 11-19, UP1262, Skeletal, seashell pendant, Sep'83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have been asked to make a table between Barbara Burhans and this Doe. I am here to deliver! Behold the table!
Original
Original

Barbara Aurora Burhans MP4529Broward County Jane Doe (1983) UP1262Possible?
SexFemaleFemaleMatch
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/CaucasianMatch
Hair ColorBlackUnknownPossible
Eye ColorBrownUnknownPossible
Estimated D.O.D/D.L.CMarch 15, 19820-1983Match
Estimated Age Range815-19Possible. Cases age have been off in the past.
Height5'0"5'0" EstimatedMatch
Weight100lbs101lbs EstimatedMatch
Distinctive FeaturesNone/UnknownPurple painted toenailsLikely- Last seen wearing purple so maybe she painted her nails purple to match?
CircumstancesWent missing with her parents, Possibly went to Miami, FLFound on side of route 27 in FL.Likely considering Circumstances.
Distance2,712 miles from Los Angeles, CA35.5 miles from Little Havana, FLPossible/Likely

Last edited:
As well as the fact that both of these girls' DNA is available in CODIS according to their Doe Network pages.
We don't even know this. Just because DNA is listed as "Available" does not mean it's on CODIS. I have sent a match with both DNA listed as "Available" and it was never compared and it seems like one of them had no DNA in CODIS. I agree that the Doe's DNA is in CODIS but Barbra's might not be. Age also could be off. Anne Papalardo-Blake's age was about 10 years off while we are looking at an age gap of 6 or so. I'm not saying I believe in this match but I want to give it as much chance as it deserves.

We don't even know this. Just because DNA is listed as "Available" does not mean it's on CODIS. I have sent a match with both DNA listed as "Available" and it was never compared and it seems like one of them had no DNA in CODIS. I agree that the Doe's DNA is in CODIS but Barbra's might not be. Age also could be off. Anne Papalardo-Blake's age was about 10 years off while we are looking at an age gap of 6 or so. I'm not saying I believe in this match but I want to give it as much chance as it deserves.
It's much easier to tell age with a younger person than with an adult.

It's much easier to tell age with a younger person than with an adult.
Still though.... Anne's age was off by about 20 years or so. Even if she was in NamUs which I doubt she was not getting considered. Note that I also didn't make the match myself so I don't fully believe in it either.

I track this Jane Doe in NamUs. Her profile has been modified today, (October 18th) but no more exclusions were added as of yet. I am wondering if they are looking at comparing Barbara Aurora Burhans finally?

I have been researching possible matches between Jane Does and missing people for about 20 years. (before NamUs came about) I have seen so many discrepancies between many, I don't hold my breath when age, height, hair color or weight are off. Long story short, nothing surprises me.

I track this Jane Doe in NamUs. Her profile has been modified today, (October 18th) but no more exclusions were added as of yet. I am wondering if they are looking at comparing Barbara Aurora Burhans finally?

I have been researching possible matches between Jane Does and missing people for about 20 years. (before NamUs came about) I have seen so many discrepancies between many, I don't hold my breath when age, height, hair color or weight are off. Long story short, nothing surprises me.
True. Probably why so many Doe's are unidentified still. The info just wasn't accurate enough. I hope they look at her family. I think it's possible despite the discrepancies.

Martha Brannigan, "Trucker finds woman's body near canal," Fort Lauderdale News, 20 September 1983, 3B.
Trucker finds woman's body near canal_.jpg
The woman appeared to have died one to four months ago, according to police. Investigators said she was wearing red or purple polish on her toenails and had a cavity in a front tooth. The woman had also had other dental work, and authorities are hoping that dental records will held identify the body.

A truck driver was northbound on U.S. 27 about 1 p.m. Monday when he made the discovery about 8 miles north of State Route 84, police said. The body was lying along a canal and was partially covered by straw, police said.

The DoeNetwork administrator said no comparison has been made yet between these 2, so the comparison panel will take a look.
I hope you have more luck than I have. I submitted in July 2022 and heard nothing back. (Doe Network would have better connections than myself though)

The DoeNetwork administrator said no comparison has been made yet between these 2, so the comparison panel will take a look.
I don't think they'll test bc of the age honestly, but I actually think it could be a match if she was an early bloomer and could be mistaken for much older. Even in her photo, you'd think she was more 13-14 than 8. They were the same height as well.

In 1994 a man, Ricky Lee Ross, serving time in prison for sexual battery, kidnapping and robbery confessed to killing a girl he thought was this Doe. He said in the fall of 1983 he met a girl named Carolyn in Ft Lauderdale. She said she was from Orlando and was living in her green Ford Maverick.

He claims they drank, did drugs and had sex together before an argument ensued and he strangled her, leaving her in the woods and taking her car. He abandoned the car with the keys in the ignition near Riverland Road and State Road 7. He knew that she had auburn hair and was found nude, which hadn’t been publicly disclosed at the time. The police didn’t find the Maverick or anything else to corroborate his story.

IMG_2646.jpeg
IMG_2647.jpegIMG_2649.jpegIMG_2650.jpeg
IMG_2651.jpegIMG_2652.jpeg

IMG_2648.jpeg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads