FL FL - Bryan Dos Santos Gomes, 29 days, Estero/Fort Myers, 1 Dec 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where is that baby? Why would the parents have reported him being taken if they had sold him? Wouldn't they have just kept their mouths shut and not said a word?

Some woman has a baby that she didn't have before. I wonder if none of her friends and relatives notice? I guess she could say that she adopted him in Mexico or something like that. I guess it would depend on where she took him if people would take any notice or not.

I hope that this baby is found and returned safe and sound to his mom and dad.

I agree I have watched this case from the start and I think somewhere out there a couple thinks they have adopted this child and they think they have papers to prove it which is why they have not been reported by friends or family I think whoever took the baby needed one because they had promised their own baby to an adoptive couple and when the time came she needed to produce one or go to jail I have seen cases like this on TV where the woman will fake the whole thing just to get money form the parents to be

I can't believe that they haven't found this baby yet. Usually they are found right away. Someone has to realize that a person has a baby that they didn't have before. The little guy probably looks different from what he did when he was taken as he was so new then. I wish the person/people who know something would make that phone call. Those poor parents.

POI:
Fort Myers Police announced today they are searching for Valter Coelho, 45, of 4717 1st Street SW, Lehigh Acres, who is an known enforcer of a human smuggling ring, officials said.
Fort Myers Police Department
Fort Myers Police announced today they are searching for Valter Coelho, who suspected of having information on the whereabouts of missing 1-month-old Baby Bryan.

Coelho is suspected of having information on the whereabouts of missing 1-month-old Baby Bryan.
Fort Myers police e-mailed a short press release to the media at 2:20 p.m. announcing the search for Coelho. The statement did not indicate why police think he is connected to the investigation, and Fort Myers police spokeswoman Shelly Flynn said investigators do not plan on holding a press conference today or releasing any additional information.
more at link http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2006/dec/15/police_want_person_interest_baby_bryan_case/

also at the bottom that site you can listen to messages left on the answering machine from the alleged kidnapper.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2007/nov/30/still_no_sign_missing_baby_bryan/?breaking_news

1 Dec 07

They were two mothers out with their children, making their way home from a medical appointment in Fort Myers.

When a passing driver asked for directions that Friday afternoon, they agreed to help.

Surveillance tapes have since shown the car the two women stepped into was a black, two-door Ford Explorer Sport Edition.

At the wheel was a woman in her late 20s — 5-foot-4, with straight, dark hair and a voice police believe indicates a Mexican background.

This was the woman who forced Janice Duarte and her child out of the vehicle near Linhart Avenue, and she was the woman who then took off with Maria de Fatima Ramos Dos Santos, a 23-year-old immigrant from Brazil, and her infant son.

much more at link

Search for Baby Bryan: Father to be deported, mother believes son will be found

As a mother, she’s already lost a great deal. Now, Maria De Fatima Ramos Dos Santos is bracing to lose more.

The mother of infant Bryan Dos Santos, whose 2006 abduction at knife-point captured national attention, expects her husband to be deported to Brazil soon. Jurandir Gomes Costa, 29, was arrested last year for driving without a license, one week before the birth of his third child, Christopher. Today he’s in an immigration facility in Broward County.

Dos Santos, 26, is appealing to the public, and authorities, to ask that she and her husband be allowed to remain in the country until Bryan is found. If Gomes Costa leaves, she’ll have to leave, too, she said.

“If I leave this country now, it’s like I gave up my son,” she said.

Much More: http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/may/31/search-baby-bryan-father-be-deported-mother-fears-/

My Husband didn't think she sounded Mexican American. Even a second generation one. In his humble opinion she had a very crisp pronunciation but she sounded carribean. EX: Cuba.

I don't doubt the FBI had an expert listen to this recording. I just thought I'd throw that in there.

Group trains to help with searches involving missing kids

[snip]

CART is a multi-agency team comprised of local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies designed to immediately mobilize and provide investigative resources to the lead investigative agency when a child is abducted.

[snip]

CART has assisted in high-profile cases in Southwest Florida - including the disappearance of Baby Bryan and Adji Desir. Both children vanished and right now they, along with 300 other children from Florida, are considered missing.

More: http://www.abc-7.com/Global/story.asp?S=13304913

AIRING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryan Dos Santos Gomes: Nancy Grace America's Missing

gomes-blog.jpg

As two young mothers waited with their infant children at a bus stop they were approached by a woman seeking directions. The woman said she was lost, from out of town and trying to get to a relative’s home to get her baby.

The mothers gave the best directions they could and then boarded their bus. When the two got off they were greeted again by the woman begging for them to show her how to get to her destination, even offering money. Noticing the baby car seat in the back of the car the two woman got in the vehicle. By the end of the drive the woman, described as a Hispanic female between the ages of 28 and 30, demanded one of the mothers, Maria Dos Santos, leave her 28 day old baby Bryan in the vehicle. With a knife pointed at the baby’s throat the mother did what she thought she had to do to save her child. He and the abductor have not been seen again.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/

Interesting case. Very heartbreaking. One that's always baffled me.

At first they thought it might be connected to their immigration status (illegal). That their smugglers had taken Bryan as payment. But they no longer think that's true.

Also interesting to hear that another woman and her infant were also approached by this same woman just prior to Bryan's abduction. But luckily this other woman did not fall for the ruse. It shows how desperate this woman was to get an infant as quickly as possible, though.

I started looking through the MbnF boards just today. So many missing souls, heartbreaking! Really overwhelming...

I'm a Floridian so I clicked on this little guy -- glad there was a post yesterday to bump this thread as I hadn't heard baby Bryan's story. Charley Project link was good, though I saw it hasn't been updated since June 2010. Did the father get deported or was he able to stay? What about the mom? Can any of the missing/exploited persons organizations do an updated age progression photo of Bryan? He is 2 1/2 years older now.

My poor car is on its last legs and I'd been trying to find the best auto body shop in the area... looking for "non creepy" places, and I've noticed most of the shops have Missing Children printouts with pictures and information. I didn't notice that when I lived up North. Anyhow, I'll carry a few copies of TheCharley Project with me and check if I can put them up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back