GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Experts: Schenecker Insanity defense may be iffy

Jury selection is scheduled to begin in Schenecker's murder trial Monday in Hills*borough Circuit Court.

The defense plans to seek a verdict of not guilty by reason of insanity on the grounds Schenecker suffered from bipolar disorder with psychotic features and didn't know what she was doing or didn't understand that it was wrong.

But even when everyone agrees a defendant is severely mentally ill, succeeding with an insanity defense is extremely difficult, experts say.

http://tbo.com/news/crime/experts-insanity-defense-may-be-iffy-20140427/

Pretty thorough recap ^

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13
Julie Schenecker trial starts Monday. Mom accused of killing her kids. @MyFoxTampaBay will stream trial live

https://twitter.com/ggome13

I think several stations will be covering this live.

My heart just breaks for the Dad and other family members.
After reading the emails you could see how he was trying his best IMO to get her help. I am certain he never saw this coming, he would have gotten those kids or her ought of there if he had.
What a tragedy.

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ✔ @ggome13
Obsevation: attys were just handed copies of the jury questionnaires they filled out. Things should get underway soon. #scheneckertrial

thanks so much for the links:seeya:

i remember when this crime occurred.......took awhile to get to trial as usual.....can't believe it's been over 3 years!

listening to jury selection right now.......going to try and follow the trial if the hive cooperates :scared::floorlaugh:

thanks again:loveyou:

yes i love jury selection..........

and i'm preparing my eyes for rolling at the inevitable "excuses" on why they can't serve

i'm so jaded :floorlaugh:

one gone already (decided prob guilty)......and i can't believe they are using the prospective jurors names during the broadcast!:facepalm:

wow judge denied "hardship" motion by both sides for number 2.......mother passed away 3 weeks ago and taking care of things for his elderly/frail father

judge ain't playin!!!:scared:

I am not getting anything from the WAT stream apart from a still picture saying "Please stand by". Been like that for over half an hour. Are they on a break?

After a snafu this morning the judge decided no live streaming at all until he takes the bench we are still at lunch i believe :)

I am not getting anything from the WAT stream apart from a still picture saying "Please stand by". Been like that for over half an hour. Are they on a break?
lunch until about now.......the judge ruled that cameras be turned off if he is not on the bench.....so hopefully back soon:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne