GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People can be mentally ill, sometimes severely and struggle with functioning thru the little things in life...such as hygiene and money management...

It does not mean that those with a mental illness are excused from taking responsibility for their actions, whether it be they don't wash their bodies, spend all their money on lotto tickets or kill their children.

She needs to serve the consequences for her actions and take responsibility...not lean on or use her MI as an excuse.

Somebody smart, up thread, mentioned that her treating physicians should be shaking in their shoes. After seeing this list of meds, history of non compliance and alcohol abuse, I agree totally. Her doctor had the ability to commit her involuntarily too.

Very interesting. Thank you for posting this.
Out of all these drugs, it looks like she was only taking Lithium as directed with some added in there if it was the long acting. The Vicodin was empty.

These are the typical doses:
Lamotrigine: Lamictal: 1QD
Lithium: 1 QD or BID
Vicodin: q 6 hours prn
Benzatropine: Cogentin: 1-2 mg/day
Triazolam: Halcion: 1 HS
Venlafacine: Effexor: 1 QD
Citralopam: Celexa: 1 QD
Buspirone: Buspar: dosage prescribed by MD
Warfarin:Coumadin: ?

I saw this list and went OMG. Some of these are contraindicated when used with another and some of these drugs are hardly ever used anymore.

Benzos are used for anxiety (Triazolam Citralopam),
Buspar helps the action of anti depressants and anti-anxiety meds,
Vicodin is for pain,
Effexor is an anti depressant,
Benztropine was probably prescribed for tardive dyskinesia,
Wafarin for blood thinning, Lithium for Bipolar,
Lamotrigine for bipolar

For someone with bipolar and TD, this really doesn't look like an unusual amount of medications. Bipolar is treated with a "cocktail" of medications.

If you re-watch the opening statements from BOTH sides, she had a toxic level of both Lithium (for bipolor) and Coumadin (a blood thinner) when LE took her to the hospital AFTER she was interviewed/interrogated.

Why did they not take her to the ER first? Did the cops say? We treated plenty of suspects in the ER prior to their arrest/processing/interrogation at HQ. Just not convenient?

Yes...I found it interesting. But do you know what I noticed? The empties were the opioids! There's a few in there that I would have been interested in if I was suffering from severe depression, or bi-polar, but she went for the opioids (euphoria).

She was an addict for sure, and with the severity of her mental health, I'd have presumed her Docs would have prescribed opioids with caution.....no? Especially since they would have been aware that she had been in rehab, I assume.

*In addition....Yes! re: conraindicated Rx! She was prescribed an SSRI alongside an SNRI, two opioids at once, as well as two forms of the same drug, Warafin & Coudmadin!?!?!

The opioids were filled 4+ months and 1 year prior to the the killings. She might have probably taken them long before.

Benzos are used for anxiety (Triazolam Citralopam),
Buspar helps the action of anti depressants and anti-anxiety meds,
Vicodin is for pain,
Effexor is an anti depressant,
Benztropine was probably prescribed for tardive dyskinesia,
Wafarin for blood thinning, Lithium for Bipolar,
Lamotrigine for bipolar

For someone with bipolar and TD, this really doesn't look like an unusual amount of medications. Bipolar is treated with a "cocktail" of medications.

Oh I agree, but this is an overlapping list of meds it seems. Also, one drug causes a side effect and that side effect is treated with something else and so on and so on and then you have a bunch of meds that seem to be repetitive. Looking at the amounts left in the bottle, it looks like she did not take many of the sedating drugs a week before the murders of her children. Wanted to be clear headed to commit a crime? Or a symptom of depravity?

I agree Bernina. All are not unusual for bipolar sufferers. Except the Opiods.we don't know how long she was on them, why she was on them,etc.. Oxycodone is a Major opiate, she was taking synthetic heroin. That mixed with all the other drugs& alcohol on top of that, will make anyone delusional.(drug induced psychosis).. doesn't excuse a thing in my book.
She needs to suffer the consequences & pay for her horrible actions. If she really wanted to commit suicide,she would have. She decided to plan out & take it out on her kids,husband & loved ones.

Why did they not take her to the ER first? Did the cops say? We treated plenty of suspects in the ER prior to their arrest/processing/interrogation at HQ. Just not convenient?

I haven't heard anything yet, but they may have thought she was just drunk. I'm still re-watching the trial to pick up on who smelled alcohol. But neither Pros or Def mentioned alcohol, just the coumadin and lithium, in their opening statements.
Maybe LE ASSUMED she was drunk because of her TD?

The opioids were filled 4+ months and 1 year prior to the the killings. She might have probably taken them long before.

I stand corrected. I saw the January date on the Vicodin without the year. So disregard my sentence regarding the Vicodin. I thought she might have taken that in her suicide attempt. :seeya:

Somebody smart, up thread, mentioned that her treating physicians should be shaking in their shoes. After seeing this list of meds, history of non compliance and alcohol abuse, I agree totally. Her doctor had the ability to commit her involuntarily too.

That would be me :seeya:

After seeing the list I am doubling down on that opinion :eek:.
Some were year old scrips though, but STILL.
I know a lot were from the one doc (Oberdon?), I wonder if some of them were from others?

I am dying to see if her Doctor(s) will be called to the stand.

PS- Not smart...Cynical :giggle:

I haven't heard anything yet, but they may have thought she was just drunk. I'm still re-watching the trial to pick up on who smelled alcohol. But neither Pros or Def mentioned alcohol, just the coumadin and lithium, in their opening statements.
Maybe LE ASSUMED she was drunk because of her TD?

I believe the first officer that arrived on the welfare check and found her on the lanai said he smelled the sour scent of alcohol when she started talking.

Oh I agree, but this is an overlapping list of meds it seems. Also, one drug causes a side effect and that side effect is treated with something else and so on and so on and then you have a bunch of meds that seem to be repetitive. Looking at the amounts left in the bottle, it looks like she did not take many of the sedating drugs a week before the murders of her children. Wanted to be clear headed to commit a crime? Or a symptom of depravity?

You have to look at the "fill dates":

Oxycodone: Filled 08/05/2010 (empty - Rx amount not disclosed)
*semi-synthetic opioid - for pain*

Hydrocodone: Filled 01/27/2010 (empty from 30)
*semi-synthetic opioid - for pain*

BBM. Everything else was filled in Dec. 2010 and Jan. 2011 except the wafarin and coumadin.

Very interesting. Thank you for posting this.
Out of all these drugs, it looks like she was only taking Lithium as directed with some added in there if it was the long acting. The Vicodin was empty.

These are the typical doses:
Lamotrigine: Lamictal: 1QD
Lithium: 1 QD or BID
Vicodin: q 6 hours prn
Benzatropine: Cogentin: 1-2 mg/day
Triazolam: Halcion: 1 HS
Venlafacine: Effexor: 1 QD
Citralopam: Celexa: 1 QD
Buspirone: Buspar: dosage prescribed by MD
Warfarin:Coumadin: ?

I saw this list and went OMG. Some of these are contraindicated when used with another and some of these drugs are hardly ever used anymore.

I currently take Lamictal but just for depression. I have taken it with Celexa but I began to have a flat affect with it, so was taken off. I also take many other meds for various reasons.

I know many of the behaviors that JS had. The staying in the bedroom was because I just didn't want to deal with other people or hurt them in anyway.

JS probably had no friends due to their moving around a lot. I had the same problem as my spouse worked for the Federal government.

I am not convinced though that JS was insane when she killed the children.

I believe the first officer that arrived on the welfare check and found her on the lanai said he smelled the sour scent of alcohol when she started talking.

That's what I'm looking for. The LE gal who took pictures of her didn't or can't recall smelling alcohol, even though the camera was close enough, it could have touched JS.

I'm waiting for a BAC and tox screen to come in.

You have to look at the "fill dates":

BBM. Everything else was filled in Dec. 2010 and Jan. 2011 except the wafarin and coumadin.

The warfarin/ Coumadin is the same drug and has to be monitored via labs. Was this for a phlebitis or a PE? I understand about the fill dates, but the fact that she had quantities of these meds bugs me. Just sayin.

I currently take Lamictal but just for depression. I have taken it with Celexa but I began to have a flat affect with it, so was taken off. I also take many other meds for various reasons.

I know many of the behaviors that JS had. The staying in the bedroom was because I just didn't want to deal with other people or hurt them in anyway.

JS probably had no friends due to their moving around a lot. I had the same problem as my spouse worked for the Federal government.

Depression is an overwhelming thing and many people who have never experienced it, don't understand it or why one retreats. I am sorry you have gone through this. Very lonely.

JS probably did not have many friends. IIRC, they had lived in the Tampa area for 3+ years? Her social interactions may have been limited to the parents of her children or the gym if she ever belonged.

I hope you are better now.

Bipolar is an entirely different "animal". I was diagnosed with PTSD, chronic depression and panic disorder 24 years ago. I am currently on Alprazolam (Xanax) and Venlafaxine (Effexor).

Call me a glutton for punishment, but my BF of 10 years has PTSD (Viet Nam) and Bipolar. I figured being with someone who's on meds for mental "illness" themselves and was taking it diligently, there wouldn't be an issue with my condition and meds.
His jump from mania to depression can be extreme, and when he's manic, he gets real defensive, the old "feelings of persecution". This last year hasn't been to fun because the VA has been testing him for Alzheimer's (yes, a year since last April) because his memory is BAD, like living with a teenager who only hears half of what your saying. Big reminder notes all over the place don't help at all.:facepalm:

The warfarin/ Coumadin is the same drug and has to be monitored via labs. Was this for a phlebitis or a PE? I understand about the fill dates, but the fact that she had quantities of these meds bugs me. Just sayin.

Thrombosis?
I noticed that too, one was the Brand name and the other the generic. My BF takes Coumadin because he had a stent put in one of his heart arteries at 56. (he's 13 years older than me, I think I'll outlive him :scared:)

Thrombosis?
I noticed that too, one was the Brand name and the other the generic. My BF takes Coumadin because he had a stent put in one of his heart arteries at 56. (he's 13 years older than me, I think I'll outlive him :scared:)

Thrombosis yes. Hence the phlebitis (DVT) and PE question as to whether she had this Rx from her MVC or was there another underlying medical problem she had? Cardiac? That drug is rat poison. Ya gotta be careful!

Depression is an overwhelming thing and many people who have never experienced it, don't understand it or why one retreats. I am sorry you have gone through this. Very lonely.

JS probably did not have many friends. IIRC, they had lived in the Tampa area for 3+ years? Her social interactions may have been limited to the parents of her children or the gym if she ever belonged.

I hope you are better now.

Zuri, I have been better the last couple of years. I know I will be on medication for depression the rest of my life. I haven't needed counseling for over a year now. I was receiving it for 7 yrs straight this last time, and had some major breakthroughs.

One thing I have learned is that I have suffered since I was a child and just didn't know. The symptoms were there though having worked back through them. I also seem to do better on the older medications. I have been put on many of the newer one's to end up being taken off due to side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member