GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court in lunch recess until 2pm EST

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 2m
#JulieSchenecker did not sign waiver for family like Parker to view med records and discuss her condition w doc

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 52s
Doc was Not able to share suicidal thoughts w Parker bc of waiver not signed by #JulieSchenecker

BBM I really think this is a flaw with the HIPPA rules. When someone is suicidal, it could affect the home life, IMO.

Ah, like when you are being polite? Good way to look at what I thought was funny in the testimony of a professional.

It's pretty much all the time ?
LOL!
Do we know where the doctor is from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That a couple dr's passed her on to others says a lot imo

This is not unusual in a residency program. It sounded to me as though the previous resident, maybe moving up to a 4th or 5th year, turned her over to the
3rd year.

I just looked at the USF Psychiatry Residency program:
First Year: Intern: Primary Care including Neurology
Second Year Resident: Psychiatric Inpatient Care
Third Year Resident: Out Patient
Fourth Year: Inpatient, Psych ER, OP Specialty Clinics (PTSD, Alzheimer's etc)

IMO Demian Obregon should find a new profession, he is horrible and shouldn't be treating any patients, let alone those with mental issues.

Also the defendant is a cold blooded killer!

Maybe he is different when he is with his patients (in his normal work setting). You never know, he may have a hard time in front of the court (and the world).
Give him a break, please. He did not kill anyone and was just trying to do his job, IMO. (might I add- the best he knew how).

HLN talking about trial.

And now that I just saw the complete testimony from the housekeeper I doubly appreciate the 'world of beer' comment.

How can a person flip depression off and on? Goes out to drink at World of Beer where a person is bound to bump into other people or so depressed she isn't capable of socializing and stays in bed.

When the housekeeper entered her bedroom JS sometimes would turn on the other side, not facing the woman. JS by turning away is acknowledging the presence of the housekeeper in the room but purposely ignoring her. That's just plain mean. Not crazy. If you are really depressed IMO you don't care what you look like or who sees you looking the way you do. You don't care.

I know about the hippa etc. but at some point as this guy kept seeing JS and things got worse and the talk of suicide more common don't most docs want to meet the husband and get some sort of view as to life on a daily basis etc. Did he ever ask to meet PS? It seems there is a point when there are kids in a home that this hippa stuff is too much and not serving anyone well. It is sad that PS knew about the talk of suicide and still left. This doc was not experienced enough for any seriously ill patient let alone JS and should consulted with other docs. The prosecution will rip him up but really what purpose will that serve other than he would not know insane if he saw it and all total did not spend much time with her. The Scheneckers just kept moving around and starting over and this was the worst possible thing for JS.

I made some notes as he was testifying this AM. I may not have all of this correct so please correct me.
7/20/10 Assumed care of patient. Dx: Bipolar I with psychotic tendencies. Meds: Cogentin, Trazadone, Lamictal
7/23/10: PC (phone call) Rx Buspar
8/3/10: Mild depression; decreased appetite. Rx: Lamictal, Cogentin, Clonipin
8/10/10: Slightly worse depression Rx: Lamictal, Cogentin (lower dose), Clonipin, Effexor
8/20/10: PC: Increase Cogentin, Effexor
8/27/10: Wean off Effexor Rx: Lamictal, Clonipin, Cogentin
9/7/10: Mild to moderate depression; lack of energy; Rx: Lamictal, Cogentin, Lithium ER
9/14/10: Mild depression, lack of energy, mild irritability Rx: Lamictal Cogentin, Lithium ER, Clonipin
9/28/10: Mild depression, irritability, Mood: Sad Rx: Lithium ER, decrease Cogentin and Lamictal, Clonopin
10/12/10: After vacation to see a friend, mood better. Rx: Cogentin, Clonopin, Lithium ER, increase Lamictal
10/26/10: Rx: Lamictal 200mg BID, Cogentin, Clonopin, Lithium ER, Celexa
12/3/10: Rx: Cogentin, Clonopin, Lithium ER, Celexa. Told about Rehab.

At some point, Dx of Schizo Affective Disorder was added. Therapy ongoing. Minimal communication between therapist and Psychiatry resident. Blood work to check Lithium level was done in September.

12/10/10: Moderate depression, Vague Suicidal Ideation without specific intent, some helplessness/hopelessness. Mood down. Good hygiene. Moderate risk for suicide. Limited insight and awareness. Baker Act criteria assessed. Patient was in intensive O/P care. HIPAA prevented Dr from communicating with family. JS declined to authorize anyone via HIPAA. JS was negative for Terasoft (threat to harm others).

Clozaril can be used in lieu of Lithium, but it requires intensive monitoring and blood work.

I made some notes as he was testifying this AM. I may not have all of this correct so please correct me.
7/20/10 Assumed care of patient. Dx: Bipolar I with psychotic tendencies. Meds: Cogentin, Trazadone, Lamictal
8/10/10: Slightly worse depression Rx: Lamictal, Cogentin (lower dose), Clonipin, Effexor
9/7/10: Mild to moderate depression; lack of energy; Rx: Lamictal, Cogentin, Lithium ER
9/14/10: Mild depression, lack of energy, mild irritability Rx: Lamictal Cogentin, Lithium ER, Clonipin
9/28/10: Mild depression, irritability, Mood: Sad Rx: Lithium ER, decrease Cogentin and Lamictal, Clonopin
10/12/10: After vacation to see a friend, mood better. Rx: Cogentin, Clonopin, Lithium ER, increase Lamictal

At some point, Dx of Schizo Affective Disorder was added. Therapy ongoing. Minimal communication between therapist and Psychiatry resident. Blood work to check Lithium level was done in September.

12/10/10: Moderate depression, Vague Suicidal Ideation without specific intent, some helplessness/hopelessness. Mood down. Good hygiene. Moderate risk for suicide. Limited insight and awareness. Baker Act criteria assessed. Patient was in intensive O/P care. HIPAA prevented Dr from communicating with family. JS declined to authorize anyone via HIPAA. JS was negative for Terasoft (threat to harm others).

Clozaril can be used in lieu of Lithium, but it requires intensive monitoring and blood work.

Interesting witnesses would be from "World of Beer" and the friend she visited on vacation?

BBM Maybe that's why the MD didn't do the "Baker" on her?? But surely JS suicidal thoughts warranted some more intervention? But maybe she said "I got it" to the MD??

Afternoon all! So what are we seeing now on this live feed with them checking 1 2 3 4. A tree covered in moss?

I truly think we need to revisit HIPPA----I get what it protects but sometimes you need to get beyond it. It would have help PS to have the doctor talk to him---perhaps the family would have been more understanding {?} of MI-- jmo

Snipped by me and bbm

Clonopin is spelled Klonopin but really no big deal!

BBM Maybe that's why the MD didn't do the "Baker" on her?? But surely JS suicidal thoughts warranted some more intervention? But maybe she said "I got it" to the MD??

In Cali if you felt suicidal and told the Dr you were suicidal by law they would call an evaluation team to put you on 5150 involuntary hold. It's the Drs call.

I know about the hippa etc. but at some point as this guy kept seeing JS and things got worse and the talk of suicide more common don't most docs want to meet the husband and get some sort of view as to life on a daily basis etc. Did he ever ask to meet PS? It seems there is a point when there are kids in a home that this hippa stuff is too much and not serving anyone well. It is sad that PS knew about the talk of suicide and still left. This doc was not experienced enough for any seriously ill patient let alone JS and should consulted with other docs. The prosecution will rip him up but really what purpose will that serve other than he would not know insane if he saw it and all total did not spend much time with her. The Scheneckers just kept moving around and starting over and this was the worst possible thing for JS.

So here is someone who has studied extensively to see the signs of mental illness but due to inexperience he is excused but a layman, the husband, who probably has endured more theatrics and up and down mood swings is held accountable for leaving his wife for 10 days?

How do we know if it was the first time JS threatened her husband with suicide or the 50th?

Crying wolf over and over sometimes hurts the crier if they ever really need the help.

I hold the husband, the kids and the extended family to zero percent in culpability. I lay all the horror at JS's feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734