GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:websleuther:

ok, well..... i got my text alert so I'm off to watch the final session on Pistorius. Interestingly, that trial just became about mental illness. Maybe he was watching this trial?? LOL TTYL guys

Judge now announcing that the jury is in deliberation. Adjourned pending deliberation. Everyone's supposed to stay within 10 min. striking distance.

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 26s
The planning in journal may doom #JulieSchenecker alt juror says. He thinks she is not insane but guilty of murder.

Not sure how this could be a hung jury. Without the journals, I could see it, but there was much clear planning an disappointment when things didn't go as Julie planned and she documented this well in her journal.

o/t (kind of) Isabelle, or any of our other health pros, do you know what mental/physical damage, if any, to a person who is not bi-polar who takes those medications long term there could/would be?

Draggin' this over to this thread-

Ummmmmm....So say someone chokes on their pizza in the jury room and is no longer "with us".
No alternates.
I am cornfused.

Why were the alternates released??? :what:

And what if one of the current jurors has an emergency or dies or comes down with amoebic dysentery and can't continue? The alternates have now been tainted, what then?

CC ‏@courtchatter 29s
BREAKING! Alt juror in #JulieSchenecker said he would have voted guilty of 1st degree/he thinks other's minds were made up a day or two ago.

I just heard on Action News that four alternates were released by Judge ((so I don't how many in total were on standby)

Draggin' this over to this thread-

Ummmmmm....So say someone chokes on their pizza in the jury room and is no longer "with us".
No alternates.
I am cornfused.

Floridia ?

Judge now announcing that the jury is in deliberation. Adjourned pending deliberation. Everyone's supposed to stay within 10 min. striking distance.

abigail i hope you got your crown off the old thread....i so appreciate your updates :)

:Crown::tyou:

CC ‏@courtchatter 29s
BREAKING! Alt juror in #JulieSchenecker said he would have voted guilty of 1st degree/he thinks other's minds were made up a day or two ago.

I just did my 1st tweet to CC about this. They can not make their minds up and discuss this or that is an automatic retrial? right

alternates:

in my past experience they are released before deliberations (no worries)

the only time I have seen them stick around is in a DP trial.

In my juror serivce, (California, about 20 years ago), it was a simple no-frills drunk driving. And it still took 15 hours for a verdict. The alternates were held.

I just did my 1st tweet to CC about this. They can not make their minds up and discuss this or that is an automatic retrial? right

they were dismissed and most likely free to speak to media once dismissed.:twocents:

Not sure how this could be a hung jury. Without the journals, I could see it, but there was much clear planning an disappointment when things didn't go as Julie planned and she documented this well in her journal.

Anything can end up in a hung jury. I was on a case, drunk driving and driving on an expired license. The defense was something like ".. there was no expiration date on my license, so I didn't know it was expired..." (the actual license had been lost in evidence.

Defendant took the stand.

Prosecutor: How long are licenses good for, in California?
Defendant: 4 years
Prosecutor: How long ago did you last renew your license?
Defendant: 5 years.

And the jury almost hung on that.

Court Chatter TV ‏@CourtChatterTV 39s
Jury Deliberations now at 1 hour and 8 mins in. #JulieSchenecker #ScheneckerTrial

Yes, if they aren't supposed to be speaking to one another during the course of the trial, how does he have insight into other jurors' opinions?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine
Back