GUILTY FL - Carlie Brucia, 11, Sarasota, 1 February 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Gawd, the SOB is on video leading poor Carlie off. It just makes me sick :razz:that he plead NG.

Joseph P. Smith sat on his porch bench with the investigators looking for Carlie Brucia, smoking cigarettes as he agreeably answered questions about what he did the day the 11-year-old disappeared.

He drank coffee while watching detectives search his house and car for evidence of the girl, who had been abducted near a Sarasota car wash two days earlier.

Smith's alibi was "rather solid," or at least one that could be readily checked out, Sarasota County sheriff's Detective Toby Davis said. And Smith was just one of 20 names from a public tip line that the detective had to check out that day.

Those details of law enforcement's first encounter with Smith in the girl's disappearance came out Thursday at a hearing at the Manatee County jail. Smith, 39, was charged with first-degree murder and kidnapping after detectives found Carlie's body.

Judge Andrew Owens said he will review the matter before ruling on Smith's motion to suppress the drug evidence and statements he made at that time.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for Smith in the murder and kidnapping case, which is scheduled to go to trial Nov. 7.

Smith is scheduled to have a separate trial on the drug charge, which is scheduled for Sept. 12. The court hearing on Thursday was part of that case.
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050902/NEWS/509020416/1006/SPORTS

This guy can not make it to the strap him in the guerney and put the needle in his arn show quick enough for me! Any father who commits depraved acts as this creep did deserves far more than above ,but thast the least we can give him:furious:

I will be following this case closely. Carlie was a classmate of my daughters and her death was very devastating to me. In the beginning I felt overwhelming sympathy for her mom susan... but in recent news I have read about her cocaine addictions continuing and so forth I am now disgusted by her! Carlie was truly a sweet, precious girl and very well might not have been murdered had her mother not associated herself with such scum!!

dolceaura said:
I will be following this case closely. Carlie was a classmate of my daughters and her death was very devastating to me. In the beginning I felt overwhelming sympathy for her mom susan... but in recent news I have read about her cocaine addictions continuing and so forth I am now disgusted by her! Carlie was truly a sweet, precious girl and very well might not have been murdered had her mother not associated herself with such scum!!
So her mother knows Joseph Smith?? I never heard that the mother was a drug addict. I do remember seeing her father mostly in news. Rarely got to see the mother.

Yes, Daisy. Unfortunately she is. Her son was taken away from her last July because of this and her own mother recently evicted her from the home she had lived in with Carlie after numerous crack parties and there was a stabbing there a day before she was to be out. The man who was stabbed, lived, and said he had went there that morning to help her move but instead found a bunch of druggies lay around and began to yell at her about what she was doing and one of the guys there stabbed him. Carlie's step father has been seperated from susan for quite some time now.

dolceaura said:
Yes, Daisy. Unfortunately she is. Her son was taken away from her last July because of this and her own mother recently evicted her from the home she had lived in with Carlie after numerous crack parties and there was a stabbing there a day before she was to be out. The man who was stabbed, lived, and said he had went there that morning to help her move but instead found a bunch of druggies lay around and began to yell at her about what she was doing and one of the guys there stabbed him. Carlie's step father has been seperated from susan for quite some time now.
Such a shame what that poor girl had to live with, and then do die such a horrific death. Doesn't her real father live in New York??

Drug paraphernalia taken from the car of the man accused in last year's slaying of 11-year-old Carlie Brucia can be used against him in his trial on possession charges, a judge has ruled.

Two spoons with drug residue and a syringe were found in a search of Joseph P. Smith's car during a consented search two days after Carlie's apparent abduction was captured by a car wash surveillance camera.
http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee/news/local/12663018.htm

Brie said:
WHAT??? This make me LIVID!!! I don't know what the burden of proof for "aggravating circumstances" BUT I do know that we have an adult male here who purposely kidnapped - sexually assaulted - RAPED - A CHILD AND THEN MURDERED HER!!!!
PLEASE!!!
and then left her lifeless body on church grounds................
but....he doesnt deserve the death penalty :furious: :furious:

j2mirish said:
and then left her lifeless body on church grounds................
but....he doesnt deserve the death penalty :furious: :furious:

He deserves the death penalty and he will get it.Don't misconstrue what California is saying.....they love the long hair hippie types even though they don't contribute to the tax base. They will avoid. This guy is deserving to the inth and he will get the death penalty in Florida. Good for Florida.

September 17, 2005
SARASOTA - The man suspected in the murder of an 11-year-old McIntosh Middle School student won't face drug charges.

According to the Adam Tebrugge, the attorney for Joseph Peter Smith, prosecutors informed him and Judge Andrew Owens of their intentions on Friday. The 38-year-old auto mechanic was scheduled to go to trial on one count of drug possession on Monday.

On Thursday Owens ruled against a motion presented by Tebrugge to dismiss the drug evidence Sarasota County Sheriff's deputies collected against his client during their initial questioning of him in the disappearance of Carlie Brucia.

http://www.wwsb.com/

web-9-13-05-09.jpg

While this porker is fattening up in jail, (photo taken 9/17/2005), they are giving no explanation as to why they are dropping these drug charges...First on thursday they win to not to have them dismissed then on friday they (the prosecution) go ahead and drop the charges themselves.:banghead:

dolceaura said:
---------------------

(((Hugs))) go out to you and your daughter.

indigomood said:
http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee/news/local/10682576.htm

Nov. 7, 2005 trial set for mechanic charged in Carlie Brucia slaying...
SARASOTA, Fla. - A judge set a Nov. 7 trial date Wednesday for the unemployed mechanic accused in last year's slaying of an 11-year-old girl whose abduction was captured by a car wash surveillance camera.

The search for Carlie Brucia following her Feb. 1 disappearance captured the attention of the nation after the video was televised by news stations. Her body was found five days later on the grounds of a nearby church.

Joseph P. Smith, who was identified by numerous people as the tattooed man in the surveillance video pulling Carlie away by the arm, was charged with first-degree murder, kidnapping and sexual battery.

FINALLY :furious: :mad: I hope they hang that S.O.B. The death penalty is to good for him. It is a fact that he killed little Carlie...in cases like this the killer should go right to his death. No sitting on death row for 20 years.

Thank you Nore. Because I still live only blocks away from the car wash and Carlies old home, I pass by nearly every day and still think of her. Sometimes I still even cry and I have to hurry and clean my face before my mascaras all over the place. One time when my daughter was sad at school, Carlie drew her a picture of a dolphin to try and cheer her up and when she brought it home I thought what a sweet girl, of course it eventually got thrown away somehow, never knowing that 1 year later she would no longer be with us and I would really wish I still had that picture...:(

Three days after the abduction of Carlie Brucia, a pair of FBI agents convinced John Smith to help them by asking his brother where to find the 11-year-old girl’s body, defense attorneys say.

John Smith called the agents the next night, saying his brother, Joseph P. Smith, told him from a jail phone to look on a church property on Proctor Road. Investigators found the body there hours later.

In a motion filed Wednesday, public defender Adam Tebrugge says that Smith was “illegally interrogated” by his brother and sheriff’s deputies.
http://www.newscoast.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050923/NEWS/509230301

dolceaura said:
September 17, 2005
http://www.wwsb.com/news/article_images/web-9-13-05-09.jpg

While this porker is fattening up in jail, (photo taken 9/17/2005), they are giving no explanation as to why they are dropping these drug charges...First on thursday they win to not to have them dismissed then on friday they (the prosecution) go ahead and drop the charges themselves.:banghead:

:sick: :sick: :sick:

THESE ARE THE CASES THAT MAKE ME NUTSSSSSSSSSSSSSS----on video abducting- then his confession.........now no drug charges, and his attroney is say his brother and fbi agents forced his confession-:furious: :furious:

The man accused of killing 11-year-old Carlie Brucia initially evaded his mother's questions about the slaying before confessing and disclosing the location of the girl's body, according to details from the investigation released by prosecutors.

Joseph P. Smith's trial is set for Nov. 7, and prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

Prosecutors said a crime scene technician examining Smith found injuries on his hands and a large bruise near his right knee.
http://www.local10.com/news/5024450/detail.html

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050927/NEWS/509270329&Page=2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back