FL - Cats being mutilated and killed in miami-dade, fl

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When I hear about cats being mutilated I actually start to shake. Cats have been tortured and mutilated and feared for centuries. What did they ever do to deserve that Not a damned thing. They NEED us to protect them. At one time they were wild and could fend for themselves but we domesticated them and put them to work ridding us of mice and rats. And now THEY NEED US.

The problem with the [unusual people] that hurt them is the fact that our laws are not strict enough. We know now that people who torture animals are repeat offenders. When they are caught they get a slap on the wrist, can`t own another pet. For a year. Then they`re back doing it again. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE pressure your politicians to toughen the penalties. The offenders should be jailed and never allowed to own a pet again. I`m serious. If it was up to me I would do exactly what the [unusual person] did to the animal. .

Spaghetti and cats, two of my most very favorite things. ;)

Congratulations on your first post. I share your sentiments. The taboo surrounding cats is unfounded, yet I know and have met many people over the years who don't like cats just because... Some can't even explain why. They just *know* there's something bad about them. I take every opportunity possible to us my feline family as an example to demonstrate how lovable and responsive cats can be if treated with kindness.

Nobody bothered (reporter, anyone) to inquire what sort of animal is suspected to have done this? Because I gotta say this explanation does not cut it for me.

Unless there is some sort of four legged predator roaming the streets and in that case I agree with the poster above, the public should be warned to watch over their small children.

Interesting that they haven't been warned that tho.

MOO the two legged predator just walked and that sux raw rotten eggs.

Likely dogs. At the same time this teenager was arrested animal patrol removed two pit bull type dogs from the area.

Jeez, well that didn't take very long. I didn't need to read past the 1st post on here to have my questions answered:

Yep... Folks have forgotten this case & here's what we get... Another animal did it... Really!?

Great....

ITA! I used to live in Miami for many years and know these neighborhoods. They are residential neighborhoods, basically suburbs of Miami and highly populated areas. Seriously, what kind of animal is wandering around that is killing and mutilating cats? And, why did that wild animal pick the 2 neighborhoods where Tyler's parents lived? And, why has no one seen this supposed wild animal? Also, interesting that there have not been any more cats mutilated since he was arrested :waitasec:

ITA! I used to live in Miami for many years and know these neighborhoods. They are residential neighborhoods, basically suburbs of Miami and highly populated areas. Seriously, what kind of animal is wandering around that is killing and mutilating cats? And, why did that wild animal pick the 2 neighborhoods where Tyler's parents lived? And, why has no one seen this supposed wild animal? Also, interesting that there have not been any more cats mutilated since he was arrested :waitasec:

Because the 2 dogs were seized at the same time he was arrested.
"Fernandez-Rundle also noted that the possible culprits for the cat deaths were nabbed on the same day Weinman was arrested. "We also learned that animal services seized two pitbulls or pitbull-related dogs at the time," she said."
http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21002833080096/

"Fernandez-Rundle also noted that the possible culprits for the cat deaths were nabbed on the same day Weinman was arrested. "We also learned that animal services seized two pitbulls or pitbull-related dogs at the time," she said."
From the article:

"Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez-Rundle said the state had medical experts examine eight of the corpses collected from the scenes. "These cats, at least the ones they looked at, they were killed by an animal predator. They were not killed by a human being," she said."

Weinman was charged with killing 19 cats. What examination was done on the other 11? :waitasec: MOO

From the article:

"Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez-Rundle said the state had medical experts examine eight of the corpses collected from the scenes. "These cats, at least the ones they looked at, they were killed by an animal predator. They were not killed by a human being," she said."

Weinman was charged with killing 19 cats. What examination was done on the other 11? :waitasec: MOO

I presume the bodies weren't saved so examination can not be carried out.
Whose fault is that? Certainly not Weinman's. It's really the prosecution which has to prove guilt, and not the defendant who has to prove innocence, and in this case clearly there is no evidence or prosecution wouldn't drop all charges.

I presume the bodies weren't saved so examination can not be carried out.
Whose fault is that? Certainly not Weinman's. It's really the prosecution which has to prove guilt, and not the defendant who has to prove innocence, and in this case clearly there is no evidence or prosecution wouldn't drop all charges.

Of course that wasn't Weinman's fault and it lies solely with the state in not preserving all of the evidence, or having qualified experts doing thorough necropsies before charging the defendant. MOO

Nice......

Yes, the pit bulls did it...

With their fanny pack of knives...

This kid had knives similar to the ones that were used in his car.

Why is it so easy for someone to say pitbull, & folks just go, oh, ok.

I have a friend who runs a pitbull rescue, & you should really see what some of those dogs are put through by human beings.

In fact, a few weeks ago, one of their volunteer was walking 2 of the rescue dogs, & they were attacked by a black lab & needed stitches.

But you never hear about those stories. It's way too easy to say pitbull.

This kid did it, everyone knows it.

Poor cats. I love em too. You don't want to know what I think of this jerk.

From the link:

Miami-Dade Police released a statement saying they are standing by their criminal investigation: "The Miami-Dade Police Department continues to support the evidence in the Tyler Weinman criminal investigation, despite the recent nolle prosequi decision. We respect the judicial process and will work with the State Attorney's Office regarding any developments."

I'm just not buying that pitbulls killed these cats. I thought cats were killed in the 2 neighborhoods where his Mom and Dad lived. Did I misremeber this?

From the link:

Miami-Dade Police released a statement saying they are standing by their criminal investigation: "The Miami-Dade Police Department continues to support the evidence in the Tyler Weinman criminal investigation, despite the recent nolle prosequi decision. We respect the judicial process and will work with the State Attorney's Office regarding any developments."

I'm just not buying that pitbulls killed these cats. I thought cats were killed in the 2 neighborhoods where his Mom and Dad lived. Did I misremeber this?

The STATE medical expert that examined the bodies concluded the cats were killed by an animal.
So, no physical evidence exists that this kid killed any cats.
No eyewitness testimony exists that this kid killed any cats.
What evidence does police think they got?

I know what is being said.

However, this case speaks for itself.

Pitbulls didn't do this. There is not an animal in the world who could bash a cat's head in, skin it's legs, leaving it warm to the touch when the owner's found it.

Think about it, really!? And there was no mention of these dogs until now. It's not like there was all kinds of chatter going on about 2 pit's terrorizing the neighborhood.

Like I said, this kid will be back in the news.

And, next time the focus will not be able to be shifted to a breed of dog that is an easy scapegoat.

It was up to the prosecution & they failed these pet owners.

I know what is being said.

However, this case speaks for itself.

Pitbulls didn't do this. There is not an animal in the world who could bash a cat's head in, skin it's legs, leaving it warm to the touch when the owner's found it.

Think about it, really!? And there was no mention of these dogs until now. It's not like there was all kinds of chatter going on about 2 pit's terrorizing the neighborhood...

How can you possibly know that dogs did not do it? An expert who actually examined the bodies said an animal did it.

During an interview with detectives Tyler Weinman, 18, allegedly discussed admitting to some of the murders if the rest 'went away', according to documents obtained by CBS4 news partners The Miami Herald.

"OK, so let me see if I understand. As long as I tell you about the cats that I did, you can get rid of the others?'' Weinman asked detectives.

http://cbs4.com/local/tyler.weinman.cat.2.1107281.html

That's ambiguous statement at best. Even assuming he said it (and police didn't tape the interview) that's not an admission of anything. It also sounds like as a response to something police told him. It is also known that there are innocent people who have confessed to things they did not do when interviewed by police, and clearly this statement is not a confession. What is known for a FACT is that STATE examiner examined the bodies of cats and concluded they were killed by an ANIMAL. How can this be explained away?

Look, I am just going to agree to disagree with you here JJenny...

If a pit bull can now gut & drain a cat of all of it's blood than have at your "evidence".

This case speaks for itself for me.

Just because you hear that something is a "fact" doesn't mean that it is.

I suggest that you review this case & then explain to me how pit bulls accomplished this.

Several of the deaths were almost immediately dismissed as killings by animals, but some aroused suspicion, due to precise, seemingly scalpel-like cuts and blunt trauma.

Same article as above.

Look, I am just going to agree to disagree with you here JJenny...

If a pit bull can now gut & drain a cat of all of it's blood than have at your "evidence".

This case speaks for itself for me.

Just because you hear that something is a "fact" doesn't mean that it is.

I suggest that you review this case & then explain to me how pit bulls accomplished this.
Who am I going to believe? An expert for the state (which means on the behalf of the prosecution) who says they cats were killed by an animal, that's who.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back