GUILTY FL - Chance Walsh, 7 wks, North Port, 7 Oct 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was seven weeks when he died. Nine weeks was when they started looking for him.

My daughter is bipolar and had an episode of psychosis when her doctor tried her Lexapro. Before she moved back home, in one of her lucid moments, she broke all the windows out of her room, screaming on night that the neighbors were talking about her, but I couldn't hear them because they were whispering. She'd go off and come back hours later, without her car (she'd walked over five miles back home in high heels. Her feet were tore up) saying a woman was following her, but would also be in front of her laughing, and that when she walked into a Walgreens the woman was inside. She opened the fridge once and started pouring things on the floor, She was agitated one night , and I was trying to get her calmed down and she rared back with her fist to hit me and I swear to God and on a stack of Bibles that our Quaker Parakeet said her name, and it stopped her. He'd never said it before or anything that clearly heard other than french fries, and calling dh an *advertiser censored****** and m******advertiser censored****. We had found him in our backyard years before and think someone with glasses and a moustache was his old owner and threw him out the door. Anyway it took over six months before she was almost back to normal. She said it was like something broke in her brain and she was not "normal" anymore.

I'm sure the "I was not taking my meds will be thrown out there to see if it floats. Some will want answers more than that wasn't me that was the drugs.

Thanks for the correction on Chance's age.
I'm sorry you had to go through that with your daughter. I also have dealt with a stepson that is bipolar, and he has been doing great since the Dr. changed his meds. Before that the medication he was on was making him feel suicidal. He only stayed with us for a short time until he moved back with his mother, but when he was with us he hadn't been diagnosed at that time. I know it can be very difficult living with someone who is mentally ill.
And i agree that in this case they might play the "mental illness" card, but hopefully that won't be an issue. Usually when someone is mentally ill they have outward signs of it if untreated and they just don't get better on their own without treatment. I have not heard that either of these two had been in the throes of a psychotic episode that suddenly got better after they killed and buried Chance and then left for their fun vacation. They were cold hard calculating murderers thinking rationally about what they were doing IMO.

[FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If a person binges - meaning he uses a large quantity of cocaine continuously over a short period of time - he is at enormous risk for damaging mental effects. Bingeing is associated with irritability, restlessness and paranoia. [/FONT]

http://www.narconon.org/drug-abuse/cocaine/mental.html

[FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Paranioa is a common side effect of prolonged use or heavy binge use. Whether JW has mental health issues or not - paranoia is a common effect of the drug on users. Not putting much stock in JW being mentally ill. Also prolonged use of cocaine can cause or exacerbate mental health issues. And people with existing issues will self medicate. very common. So a chicken/egg argument in my mind.

I don't believe it will matter in the prosecution of JW at the end of the day. He is not mentally ill. At least not ill enough to float the legal insanity defense.
[/FONT]

JMO

He did get arrested shortly before Chance was born because he was incessantly dialing 911 - with a phone in each hand. He told the responding officers he was paranoid from 2 lines of coke he did.

I do believe he became paranoid, violent and dangerous when he did coke. Well gee, buddy, how about NOT DOING COKE. It's not rocket science.

Thanks for the correction on Chance's age.
I'm sorry you had to go through that with your daughter. I also have dealt with a stepson that is bipolar, and he has been doing great since the Dr. changed his meds. Before that the medication he was on was making him feel suicidal. He only stayed with us for a short time until he moved back with his mother, but when he was with us he hadn't been diagnosed at that time. I know it can be very difficult living with someone who is mentally ill.
And i agree that in this case they might play the "mental illness" card, but hopefully that won't be an issue. Usually when someone is mentally ill they have outward signs of it if untreated and they just don't get better on their own without treatment. I have not heard that either of these two had been in the throes of a psychotic episode that suddenly got better after they killed and buried Chance and then left for their fun vacation. They were cold hard calculating murderers thinking rationally about what they were doing IMO.

I'm betting they'll point to JW's repetitive 911 calls. He was calling 911 with a phone in each hand, and IIRC KW told LE that he'd been cocaine.

Too bad. I know people with bipolar, and with depression. They would never, ever do this. Even OFF their meds they wouldn't do this.
I used to work with people with schizophrenia in a residential care setting. Other than a couple who were very poorly medicated for various reasons, I don't think they would do this. They would have been neglectful at their worst, but never deliberately cruel and some of them had some extremely bizarre behaviours. They still weren't evil. They had a disease, and they would not have been able to care for a baby, but they were not evil. (I'm talking about the people I worked with, not these rotters who killed Chance)

No, this guy is just plain evil. He is sane. He made a choice. Doing illegal drugs rather than taking your meds is a CHOICE.

:goodpost:Thank you and well said.

SweatPea4.5 That was one of my favorite posts EVER.
Welcome and thank you for putting into words what I couldn't begin to.

I haven't been dreaming about Chance but last night I woke up in a cold sweat with the thought in my mind that it wasn't a baby wipe jammed down his throat (ugh I hate typing that) but probably the blue glove.

Sorry if this theory has already been mentioned.

Rest in Peace sweet Baby Chance. Justice is coming.

I'm betting they'll point to JW's repetitive 911 calls. He was calling 911 with a phone in each hand, and IIRC KW told LE that he'd been cocaine.

Oh yeah, there's no doubt they were druggies from what we have read about them.

I'd just like to bring up his weight again.

A baby is suppose to regain their birth weight within the first week. She did some hospital time, so, I'm sure baby was fed. So, let's say he weighed 7 lbs at 1 week that'd be a gain of nothing. If they're weighing him after he was decaying 2 wèeks, that's not accurate then right? Where did the weight of 7 lbs at 7 weeks come in? I just want to hope his whole 7 weeks weren't awful. I want to hope he gained some weight. A baby would die without nutrition that long. He had to be fed sometimes. Right? How sad it is to feel it'd have been better if he'd starved:(

Forgive me if this has been brought up- around here, the opiate addiction rate is so high that all moms are drug tested when they come to the hospital to have their baby. If they refuse the baby is tested. Would this policy have at least gotten Chance back into the CPS system? I so wish it was a policy everywhere, and/or that l&d was a place where hospital social workers could be aware when there are previous or existing CPS cases.

A baby is suppose to regain their birth weight within the first week. She did some hospital time, so, I'm sure baby was fed. So, let's say he weighed 7 lbs at 1 week that'd be a gain of nothing. If they're weighing him after he was decaying 2 wèeks, that's not accurate then right? Where did the weight of 7 lbs at 7 weeks come in? I just want to hope his whole 7 weeks weren't awful. I want to hope he gained some weight. A baby would die without nutrition that long. He had to be fed sometimes. Right? How sad it is to feel it'd have been better if he'd starved:(
Babies can take longer than that to get back to their birth weight. My second daughter took a month. I had a very good and experienced midwife who wasnt concerned because she never lost more than 10% of her weight and was happy, settled and breast feeding well.

I dont think thats what happened here though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

In Texas it would of been time for his six week check up and beginning his shots, and that would of been noted, but if they did take him in wouldn't the dr. and nurses see that terrible diaper rash? And put him on something. But then, if they did and the dr. did prescribe or told them to use something they might of just blown it off, and did nothing. That rash had been around more than a day or two, and I think it had been ongoing for more than a day or two.

Chance wasn't two months old when he died like they're reporting. He was one month and twenty days old. Fifty two days on this earth in misery and suffering.

Can someone point out the pic of Chance where it's assumed he has a rash? I thought I'd seen all of them out there and the only one that comes close to looking like a rash is the one of him in just his diaper laying on a white blanket/towel. I looked a bit closer and it appears more like an out of focus, discolored pixelation from a digital camera. I see it in my own pics all the time when I use my cell phone camera inside (it takes awesome outdoor shots but indoor, not so much).

Obviously we know they both abused and neglected this sweet little guy, but I'm not sure I'm seeing the same rash others are.

I can't remember which page it was on, but a few pages back someone posted a picture of Chance and pointed out a few areas that looked like redness and bruising on his legs?

I thought there might also be a mark on his ribcage, on his left side?

Edited to quote the post with the picture:

Well I just had a terrible thought. I wonder if the wipe was used on his bottom then shoved down his throat. In the thumbsuckig photo he has a terrible rash on his left inner thigh, and I wonder if he took him in the bathroom so neighbors wouldn't hear his screams when he changed him.

I don't know how old he was when this was taken, but I'm glad he had his thumb to comfort him. His poor little legs. it takes my breath away

attachment.php

Can someone point out the pic of Chance where it's assumed he has a rash? I thought I'd seen all of them out there and the only one that comes close to looking like a rash is the one of him in just his diaper laying on a white blanket/towel. I looked a bit closer and it appears more like an out of focus, discolored pixelation from a digital camera. I see it in my own pics all the time when I use my cell phone camera inside (it takes awesome outdoor shots but indoor, not so much).

Obviously we know they both abused and neglected this sweet little guy, but I'm not sure I'm seeing the same rash others are.

Magnify it and get closer. You can red raw skin in his left inner thigh and dark blue discoloration down his leg. His right knee has a round dark discoloration on his knee. All places you'd be touching to change his diaper.

653046-north-port-baby-boy-chance-missing-a4d9b.jpg

In this one magnify it and look at the cut on his face. It's curved like a fingernail, and a baby, even if they had long nails,n't would leave one that deep and big.

561578e964044.image.jpg

Magnify it and get closer. You can red raw skin in his left inner thigh and dark blue discoloration down his leg. His right knee has a round dark discoloration on his knee. All places you'd be touching to change his diaper.

View attachment 83237

In this one magnify it and look at the cut on his face. It's curved like a fingernail, and a baby, even if they had long nails,n't would leave one that deep and big.

View attachment 83238

In the second picture he looks sad and weary, like he's experienced too much and seen too much. I know I might be imagining it because I know his story but when I look at that baby I see pain.
:(

I'm certainly not defending anyone for not checking into Chance's well-being, but I will say from experience that even a concerned person might not be enough to get Child Protective Services (or whatever it is called in your area) to take action.

I've unfortunately felt the need to call about a child that raised my concern about based on what I had been hearing was going on. I had suspicions, but when I called they abruptly let me know that unless I actually SAW something, or was TOLD something by the child himself, my report was considered hearsay and nothing would be done. They suggested I encourage those who had first hand knowledge to report, which they did not.

Maybe this is what happened here, I don't know.

I can't remember which page it was on, but a few pages back someone posted a picture of Chance and pointed out a few areas that looked like redness and bruising on his legs?

I thought there might also be a mark on his ribcage, on his left side?

Edited to quote the post with the picture:

I see what you're talking about on his ribcage. What caught my eye about this photo at first was a brownish discoloration on his right nipple. Like the color of a healing bruise, then I saw his right knee swollen and bruised, then his inner thigh and black and blue down his legs.

I played around a bit with that diaper/sucking his thumb image in photoshop and I'm still not sure. After adjusting the contrast and saturation, the redness on his inner left thigh is the exact same reddish color as his torso. He also has the same redness on the back of his right thigh just where the back of his calf meets his thigh, as well as in the area of his upper right chest area. ALL of these could be rash/abrasions/signs of abuse, or they might all be discolorations from a lousy cell phone pic.

The only one that really stands out to me is the dark circular pattern on his left knee. That definitely looks like a bruise, and not shadow or pixelation.

moo

This case is so difficult. I don't usually wake up at night thinking about cases I'm following, but I have with this one, it's just so tragic. I have a few random unrelated thoughts that I'm not sure have been raised, and a question.

First, I think that not only did they kill their children, but they also likely beat their dog to death. That happened right after Duane's death, and they pass it off on FB as the dog dying of stress. That statement is as full of BS as anything else they have ever said. Abusive spouses regularly beat the animals as well, almost as a rule.

Second, and I'm sorry that I know this, but there have been some tremendously unfortunate egg-donors in my family: if a woman is on opiates while carrying a child, and the doctors are aware of it, they will actually keep her on them throughout the pregnancy because opiate withdrawal is more likely to cause a miscarriage or complication than the addiction itself. Usually they do this using medication like suboxone (which is the prescription I believe someone was talking about in the report to DCF if I had to guess, but that's just speculation).

Finally, here's my question: I think it's pretty clear at this point that Duane's death was not an accident. I haven't ever seen a baby that has had treatment for infection, but in the photo of baby Duane with the HUGE and OBVIOUS bruise on his arm, is that bruising normal for an IV treatment for infection? Did he even receive IV treatment? I don't see how else one could overlook such a badly bruised baby at that tender age.

Anyway, all of this is speculation I guess. My thoughts are jumbled and all over the place. I'm surprised at how upset I am over this one. :(

I think they should get an expert to look at those pictures. If you have a graphics program and put it through things like 'vivid light' those regions (the round mark on the right knee, and the left chest on the ribcage) look very bruise-like and there are some dark areas around the pink 'diaper rash' as well, it doesn't look like shadows, it looks like something in the skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth