GUILTY FL - Chance Walsh, 7 wks, North Port, 7 Oct 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some information from the abuse hotline call that was dismissed:

"They're flying under the radar somehow. And it's really scaring me. Because I don't want another child to pass away."

DCF's review of the call found three separate reasons it should have prompted an investigation into whether Baby Chance was safe with his parents, who are now charged with his murder.

The caller said the mother, Kristen Bury, was using drugs.
The caller said the family's home had burned down because of a meth lab explosion.
And both parents -- Kristen Bury and Joseph Walsh -- had past histories of problems with their other children.

The call is just chilling.

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/loca...ll-warned-baby-chance-was-in-danger/75563528/

I haven't seen anything in msm saying that the house fire was from a meth lab explosion though. It seems like that would have been obvious to investigators. I'd like to hear more about that fire.

A meth lab. Why am I not surprised? :mad:

I think thunbsucking it more accepted today than it was in the fifties and before. My daughter spit her paci out and stuck her thumb in her mouth when she was four months old. It wasn't a big deal to me. It was how she calmed herself. Now when my son came along he didn't like any kind of paci and wasn't a thumbsucker. He ate his blanket's fuzz until it was almost gone and he then started on his sister blanket with the numi num border. Our dentist told my daughter she could suck her thumb until she lost her first tooth, and she'd tell her grandma that when they fussed at her. So when her first tooth came out she stop sucking her thumb.

I also wondered if they got WIC for women and children that give formula to babies, and if they watered it down, possibly selling some cans of it for drugs.

My pediatrician and peds dentist told us that thumbsucking was perfectly fine, but that using a paci can interfere with normal speech development and cause an "open bite" which I think is where the teeth in the upper plate are pushed a bit forward and also pushed apart causing wide spacing.

The pediatrician's take was that a child can keep that paci in their mouth all day and have two hands free to play, whereas a thumb sucker has to remove the thumb from the mouth in order to accomplish many tasks. IDK if it's true but it makes sense.

And I can vouch for the speech delays and poor articulation in young children who use a paci.

But didn't I read that it was not even their house that burned down? They were crashing with friends and while there, the fire happened, right? So WTH with cooking meth while a guest in someone's home?

Wow. I suspected the home fire might be related to a cook situation, even small scale for personal use. But I have not seen that in MSM in this case til now. Not proof that the fire was indeed meth lab related, but at least now I know others had the same suspicion/concern. Heartbreaking. Someone suspected Duane's death was not as it appeared. Someone was concerned enough about Chance and the drug use etc that they made that call.

And yet events still unfolded as they did. Like a train - barreling down the track. Nothing put the brakes on for Chance.

Chance truly didn't have a glimmer of a chance.

"What I'm mainly concerned about is that child," the caller said. "I don't want the child to come home and then I hear about it through the grapevine three weeks from now that the child passed away."

Chance died six weeks after that call. Police say his father beat him to death.

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/loca...ll-warned-baby-chance-was-in-danger/75563528/

I'll go one further and say I rather suspected that when I first read about the fire. These people.....SMDH

Yes. Same
It makes me nuts to think what KB inhaled, injected, consumed while pregnant.

Why?!!!

Grr, keep trying to quote and ending up in the edit screen instead, dang it. There are people getting arrested in the aisles of Walmart for cooking meth with the shake and bake method. So I can see it being a small at home not hard thing to do. Plus with all the moving around it is hard to tell at what points they were living with people and what points they were not. I have confused myself trying to keep up with there saga of "bad luck" and the timeline associated with it.
But didn't I read that it was not even their house that burned down? They were crashing with friends and while there, the fire happened, right? So WTH with cooking meth while a guest in someone's home?

I tried to sleuth the house fire way back and while I came up with some info the addresses didn't quite match so I dropped it. Here's what I found:

More than a year later, on June 13, tragedy struck the family again.

Bury was about eight-months pregnant with Chance, inside the kitchen of the Lullaby Road house, when she and a friend heard noises coming from the garage. What they heard was the crackling of flames.

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...h-port-ben-brasch-baby-chance-walsh/73925578/

It seems to imply the family was living there. Also at the link is a photo of the burned house, which matches to this Google Map street view from 2011:

https://www.google.com/maps/@27.057...DyJg0fyQgtKKidh6lw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

And here are a couple of reports that I think may refer to the fire but the numbers are different:

http://www.thescoopradioshow.com/2015/06/lulliby-structure-fire/
http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/stat...cle_ee785c64-140a-11e5-886c-93928a383a57.html

Now if those reports are about Walsh and Bury's house then the fire was being investigated. It's possible that the investigation is ongoing or maybe they didn't find any evidence of meth. It seems like news reporters would have looked into it by now but maybe not.

I do wonder what made the caller say the fire was caused by a meth lab explosion.

Oh, and the gimmesomefastcash fund seems to be gone now. It's saying Campaign Not Found. Do you know who started it? Was there any money in it? Grr, I hate online funding - especially when it's connected to a dead child!!

ETA: http://www.movoto.com/north-port-fl/3609-lullaby-rd-north-port-fl-34287-431_a4135471/

Here is the article talking about the three houses they lived in on lullaby rd. it was the third that caught fire while pregnant with Chance, Not sure if living with someone at the time.
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/30229558/details-about-kristen-bury-and-joseph-walshs-history-surface

Here is the article talking about the three houses they lived in on lullaby rd. it was the third that caught fire while pregnant with Chance, Not sure if living with someone at the time.
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/30229558/details-about-kristen-bury-and-joseph-walshs-history-surface
It was the home of a neighbor/friend who tried to help them out. She and KB were cooking dinner when the fire started in the garage. JW was not at home at the time. The neighbor said she believes the cause was electrical in nature. I'll try to find the link. It should be in the media thread.

It was the home of a neighbor/friend who tried to help them out. She and KB were cooking dinner when the fire started in the garage. JW was not at home at the time. The neighbor said she believes the cause was electrical in nature. I'll try to find the link. It should be in the media thread.

Thanks Bessie! All I can find so far is:

The couple eventually left Theresa Haines' home and moved just a few houses down next to Jeff Robinson.

Only a few months ago, this house caught fire. The couple would soon be forced out of the neighborhood.

"I looked out.. all I saw was smoke..," said Robinson.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/30229558...nd-joseph-walshs-history-surface#.VkO1bnarTDc

And:

Bury and Walsh started trying to have another child right after, the friend says. But when Bury was eight months pregnant, the couple lost their home to an electrical fire. "They lost a lot of stuff that was Duane's and lost a lot of stuff for the new baby," the friend says. "The community threw her a baby shower and all the local moms gave her stuff."

http://www.people.com/article/chance-walsh-missing-9-week-old-mom-was-little-off

So it sounds like it was a home they were living in. And no mention of a meth lab.

I wholeheartedly agree! I too have cried many tears for this poor guy.

Hi all, I'm new here and in the UK. I've spent the last few nights reading about Chance from the beginning (there was very little coverage here) and I'm absolutely heartbroken for him, heartbroken over the unconditional love of a parent that he never experienced, heartbroken because of a system that failed him, those that could have done more but chose to remain silent.

I have three children, the eldest is 8, the youngest is 9 months. One of my children has additional needs, is non verbal and quite challenging at times. My husband works away and I've said it myself, I can see how someone without a support network could snap, shout or even slap a child in a highly emotive state. I myself am guilty of half wailing "I don't know what you want from me" during a particularly colicky episode. The guilt was massive. These had the choice of support, they denied them. They could have turned for help, they could have given him away, they could have done any number of things to ensure his safety yet two people who, out of everyone in the whole world should have kept him safe. Should have kept him warm. Should have kept him fed. Should have made him feel loved in a way no other person on earth is capable of failed him. Not only that but that one or both of them actively brutalised him in such a way has reduced me to tears in a way that no other thread on here has.

I've sat up with sick animals so that they didn't die alone. I've paid extra to have pets euthanised at home so they can die with dignity and love in peaceful, familiar surroundings, and the stuff I've read on here about has physically made me sick.

I hope somewhere, somehow that justice is served. Death is too good for these vile individuals. They should suffer, day in and day out for the rest of their lives. I pray that they live long, long lives, and that baby Chance is their first thought in the morning and their last thought at night. I hope he fills every second of the day and at night the sounds he made haunts them while they sleep. I've never, in my life, felt such hatred for anyone.

I just wish people would learn that children are a blessing, a privilege, and not some basic right. I would die a thousand times over for my children, I probably would for any child, that woman isn't human.

Hi all, I'm new here and in the UK.

:goodpost:

>>>> respectfully snipped this loving, thoughtful post -- for space <<<<

:cheers:

:welcome5:

:star1:
Ekkwhine :star1:
:websleuther: from the folks on the other side of the pond!!:websleuther:

We're glad you're here!!!

:party:

:thewave:

Thanks Bessie! All I can find so far is:

The couple eventually left Theresa Haines' home and moved just a few houses down next to Jeff Robinson.

Only a few months ago, this house caught fire. The couple would soon be forced out of the neighborhood.

"I looked out.. all I saw was smoke..," said Robinson.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/30229558...nd-joseph-walshs-history-surface#.VkO1bnarTDc

And:

Bury and Walsh started trying to have another child right after, the friend says. But when Bury was eight months pregnant, the couple lost their home to an electrical fire. "They lost a lot of stuff that was Duane's and lost a lot of stuff for the new baby," the friend says. "The community threw her a baby shower and all the local moms gave her stuff."

http://www.people.com/article/chance-walsh-missing-9-week-old-mom-was-little-off

So it sounds like it was a home they were living in. And no mention of a meth lab.
"Three days later — a month before Chance was born — Wood's house caught on fire.

The fire's exact cause remains undetermined.

According to official reports, it started in the home's garage. It was where Bury and Walsh stored their baby items.

Wood and Bury reported they were cooking when they heard crackling in the garage. Walsh was not home when the fire was reported.

The fire spread to the wooden-frame home's attic and roof before firefighters extinguished it.

Everyone had to move out. The American Red Cross put Walsh and Bury in room No. 208 at the Budget Inn in North Port.

The Florida Division of State Fire Marshal responded to the scene and found no physical evidence that the fire was deliberate.

Wood said she believes the fire was electrical in nature. However, the fire's cause was never determined.

The case was closed for lack of further leads."

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20151018/article/151019687?p=4&tc=pg

"Three days later — a month before Chance was born — Wood's house caught on fire.

According to official reports, it started in the home's garage. It was where Bury and Walsh stored their baby items.

Wood and Bury reported they were cooking when they heard crackling in the garage. Walsh was not home when the fire was reported.

The fire spread to the wooden-frame home's attic and roof before firefighters extinguished it.

Everyone had to move out. The American Red Cross put Walsh and Bury in room No. 208 at the Budget Inn in North Port.

The Florida Division of State Fire Marshal responded to the scene and found no physical evidence that the fire was deliberate.

Wood said she believes the fire was electrical in nature. However, the fire's cause was never determined.

Thanks Bessie and MsMarple. I hope that that the investigators were able to rule out meth lab because from my understanding that is a hazmat situation and has to be cleaned thoroughly or it is a danger to people's health.

I'll go one further and say I rather suspected that when I first read about the fire. These people.....SMDH

Same here. I'm sure many of us had that thought as soon as we read it, I'm sure.

All kinds of people walking around on this planet. So, so many good ones, too, I'm thankful to say.

But Chance didn't have his own angel...

Yes. Same
It makes me nuts to think what KB inhaled, injected, consumed while pregnant.

Why?!!!

The selfishness of addiction. Obviously, that stuff is very powerful -- we've all seen the before/after pictures of meth addicts -- they don't even care what is happening to their own systems & bodies & brains. A newborn - nope - I gotta get high. Maybe then I'll give him a bottle...

"Three days later &#8212; a month before Chance was born &#8212; Wood's house caught on fire.

Once again, thanks! So it was the friend's house like you said. The owner believes it was an electrical fire even though the cause was never officially determined. It's for sale with a pending offer so I can't imagine that it could go onto the market without a disclosure if meth had been involved.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3609-Lullaby-Rd_North-Port_FL_34287_M58011-02273

ETA: Slow as ever I was still typing when Latestforever posted the same thing so I'll just say I agree. :)

The selfishness of addiction. Obviously, that stuff is very powerful -- we've all seen the before/after pictures of meth addicts -- they don't even care what is happening to their own systems & bodies & brains. A newborn - nope - I gotta get high. Maybe then I'll give him a bottle...

Exactly! I want to know why in this day and age, with all of the evidence about how awful meth is, do people still try it "just one time". I also wish that meth was "laced" with a sterilizing substance so procreation was not possible&#128544;.

What lovely, warm welcomes I'm getting from everyone, thank you.

I'm a long time lurker but have been wary to post before now given my lack of knowledge of the system etc.

Am I right in thinking that JW is in court again on 20th? Is it just him or her as well? What is this for, a plea? Google's taking me round in circles and I can't bear to read the same details over and over again. I find this case so distressing, yet at the same time I can't stay away.

"The identified concern was an error in decision-making made by an individual who did not correctly utilize the existing tools, protocols and supports that are readily available," the DCF report said of its hotline operator who had been with the agency for a little more than a year. "The counselor was moved into another position."
“As a result of our review of this case, when any call is made to the hotline going forward, when the reporter or the department has knowledge of a prior child fatality in the same family, the hotline counselor is required to escalate the case immediately and consult with a supervisor," said Mike Carroll, secretary of the DCF, in a statement.

Nearly two dozen times in the 18-minute talk, the caller expresses concern for the child or asks that DCF investigate.

http://www.news-press.com/story/news/2015/11/11/baby-chance-death-creates-new-dcf-policy/75574584/

More at the link, along with video/audio which won't work for me and a copy of a report. And oh - the family told investigators that the couple had been "binging" on drugs for months and that they recently saw Bury with a black eye. SMDH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl