GUILTY FL - Chance Walsh, 7 wks, North Port, 7 Oct 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Walsh and Bury waived their court appearances today. Bury's record shows the next hearing for "case management" on December 29. Nothing yet on Walsh's. Still hoping for more docs to be released...

She tried, Baby Chance..she hadn't seen you, but she cared about your life. &@$!? (If I say anything else, I'll be banned from this site.)

I found the actual call made to DCFS when Chance was born. Here it is if anyone wants to have a listen. The Woman caller tried....

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article44776002.html

After the report was received concerning Chance’s unknown whereabouts, relatives disclosed on-going concerns that were known early on and witnessed consistently. These concerns, however, were never previously reported to the Florida Abuse Hotline. They include:
 On-going and chronic substance use by both parents – the parents had reportedly been on a drug binge “for months”.
 Domestic violence in the home – the mother was recently observed with a black eye.

I will never understand in a million years, how anyone can KNOW these things, SEE these things, and never say a word to anyone.

The Caller to DCFS tried so hard! It was almost like the intake worker was trying to make her feel like she shouldn't be calling, b/c she didn't have all the detailed info on the mom and dad. But like she said, these people were unstable drug users, often homeless. She stressed over and over that she couldn't sleep at night if she didn't call and report. AND she even gave them the location where the mom and baby were at this point right now. She must be devastated right now, since she predicted in this phone call that something awful would happen to baby Chance :(

And where are the twins she talked about? With grandparents?

Ugggggg. This is so frustrating knowing what we know. She could have saved him if they would have taken this seriously! SOMEBODY did the absolute right thing.

Jeeez! Bless this woman's heart that called. She tried so hard. Alexis #566 and her supervisor will hopefully lose their jobs.

I was rather concerned that one of the quotes said updated rules would include automatic checking on anyone who'd had a child die.

I wish it would also include anyone who'd had prior contact with DCF.

I feel so bad for the lady who tried so hard to get them to investigate.
I've been in her exact shoes and you never get over something like that.
Trying so hard... knowing that child was going to die if you failed.. and then having it happen.
It will haunt her forever, just like it haunts me. :twocents:

Our son was born almost to the day the same time that this baby was. Our son is now four months old. He smiles, laughs, kisses (so cute!), hugs, babbles interactively, rolls, and is just starting to do the earliest most rudimentary commando crawl. My husband and I adore him! We recently had him baptized which was a special day for him (and our family) but I couldn't help but think of this baby who's life ended so abruptly and so harshly.

Congratulations, Curiosum, for having and celebrating the miracle who is your son! A precious spirit (and lungs, I'll bet!) is in your midst and you are doing what so many of us have done -- marveling and being thankful that he is yours and from you. He's at the stage when he is starting to really figure some things -- they learn or discover something new every day!

Yes, not all precious beings are so fortunate, but I take solace -- when I'm not screaming inside -- that Chance is away from all that and he is surrounded by love and wonders that we cannot even imagine.

Take lots of pictures. Crawl, walk, "Can I have the car tonight, Mom?"

Enjoy and love your precious son!!

She tried, Baby Chance..she hadn't seen you, but she cared about your life. &@$!? (If I say anything else, I'll be banned from this site.)

Chance had his one-and-only angel knocking on their door, but they wouldn't let her in. Grrrrr. :(

I will never understand in a million years, how anyone can KNOW these things, SEE these things, and never say a word to anyone.
You aren't required to give your name on many Hotlines, so what's the fear -- or are these people too busy -- WTH is wrong with people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme