GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wunderground.com says it was in the upper 70s that night with humidity around 88% to 94%. The high that day had been 88, but that was hours earlier.

Wunderground.com says it was in the upper 70s that night with humidity around 88% to 94%. The high that day had been 88, but that was hours earlier.

Yeah, but houses tend to heat up all day so they're hotter in the evening. (At least, every house I ever lived in.) With that humidity, it would have been pretty thick and sticky.

I'm just trying to conceive of how anyone could spend 3 hours at Walmart.

I don't know, I wouldn't have the patience for it, even for a new dress. Especially not with kids.

Yeah, but houses tend to heat up all day so they're hotter in the evening. (At least, every house I ever lived in.) With that humidity, it would have been pretty thick and sticky.

Those temps and humidity levels are consistent with June in Jacksonville, though. Probably thick and sticky if you're not used to it (and even if you are) but nothing out of the ordinary for June in Jacksonville. You get used to it. :)

Kind of a bad question, but I'm wondering how he killed her?
Also, any release of the 911 call yet?

Kind of a bad question, but I'm wondering how he killed her?
Also, any release of the 911 call yet?

It will come out soon. Either the coroner's report and/or the 911 call. Poor little angel. I can't stand to even imagine what he probably did to her! RIP sweet little Cherish.

OTE=gatorgirl2012;9596011]Kind of a bad question, but I'm wondering how he killed her?
Also, any release of the 911 call yet?[/QUOTE]

I'm also curious, I've seen several tines that she was dead within an hour... how do they know?

I know this is a victim friendly site or whatever, but in this case, I just can't see the mom as a victim at ALL. I see her as greedy (not desperate or down on her luck) and I see her as very dumb (not naive). I just...can't with sympathy for her.
Today I was shopping with MY three kids, and thinking about what I would do if some strange man that set off my hinky meter offered me money and a ride in his van. I would tell him to get away from me and consider going to the security department and asking them to watch me leave the store because I would be worried for our safety. In fact, I had a super creepy man come up to me in a store before (Walmart, of course) and I did exactly that-I told the greeter and asked them to watch as I went to my car.
I think she needs some kind of neglect charge filed against her, as well as losing custody of her other children for good. People like her shouldn't be allowed to care for children.

I know this is a victim friendly site or whatever, but in this case, I just can't see the mom as a victim at ALL. I see her as greedy (not desperate or down on her luck) and I see her as very dumb (not naive). I just...can't with sympathy for her.
Today I was shopping with MY three kids, and thinking about what I would do if some strange man that set off my hinky meter offered me money and a ride in his van. I would tell him to get away from me and consider going to the security department and asking them to watch me leave the store because I would be worried for our safety. In fact, I had a super creepy man come up to me in a store before (Walmart, of course) and I did exactly that-I told the greeter and asked them to watch as I went to my car.
I think she needs some kind of neglect charge filed against her, as well as losing custody of her other children for good. People like her shouldn't be allowed to care for children.

I understand this is how you feel, but we have already been warned about mom being a victim at this point. Please be careful.

After reading about the custody battle and how hard the father tried to get custody of Cherish...and the fact that Cherish was suppose to be going to California the very next day to spend the summer has me wondering about so many things! WHY was the mother so darn desperate for that $100 gift card from that monster? Surely the birth father was paying child support!! With that child support, mom could have surely bought a pretty dress for Cherish. Why in Heaven's name would she put her children in that kind of danger by getting in a van with a complete stranger, and then spend the next 4 or so hours with him? She couldn't have been that desperate for money could she? She said herself she thought he was creepy from the beginning. Doesn't EVERYONE on the planet know by now that you don't get into vans with complete strangers- and especially if you have young children with you?!! I think there is more to this story than her being desperate for money to buy a dress - much more. And I hope to goodness that the monster who killed sweet Cherish lives out the rest of his life in complete misery and in a dingy roach and rat infested prison cell or given the DP- and that it is carried out in a swift manner!

These type cases are extra hard for me to read about and follow without getting in trouble because, according to facts we have so far, it appears to have been avoidable/preventable...with a simple 'no, thank you' at several stages of the evening.

Child predators actively seek out situations where children are 'easy access'. They're generally not trolling the park where there's 10 parents watching 15 kids. They're not grabbing kids standing in a group at parent-supervised bus stops. They are looking for kids who are alone, or are easy to GET alone, or have parents that are obviously lax in keeping track of their child's location for long stretches of time.

In the case of Jorelys Rivera, my heart aches for the mother, but at the same time, I read how she (the mom) had been in trouble with DFACS (CPS in Georgia) for supervision issues in the past. The child was always seen roaming in the apartment complex unsupervised, at the playground unsupervised, getting on and off the bus alone, unsupervised. Clearly the new pedophile groundskeeper noticed her lack of supervision and took advantage. While mom was napping in the apartment, Jorelys' was lured by the grounds keeper, sexually assaulted and gruesomely murdered, then dumped in the complex dumpster. If I remember correctly, it also all happened within about an hour.

In this case... while I'll agree the perp is solely to blame for the crimes he committed, it is hard not so see the parent as not setting up the child up to BE a victim.

We teach our children 'don't talk to strangers'. Yet the mother talks to the stranger, in front of the kids, modeling the behavior.

We teach our children 'don't take (candy/food/go look at a puppy) from a stranger.' But the promise of a Wal-Mart gift card is okay?

We teach our children, 'don't get in a car with a stranger'. Yet, that is exactly what she does. And not just herself, she puts three vulnerable children in a van with a guy who seems 'creepy'.

The children clearly took their cues from mom. Mom thinks this guy is okay, he must be okay. No wonder Cherish went with him willingly. Mom has been going with him willingly for the last hour or two.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this isn't a case where a trusted teacher/scout leader/priest/family member secretly grooms a child, away from the parents'/guardians eyes.

This is a case where a parent essentially talked to a stranger, took an invisible gift from a stranger, got in a car with a stranger, and turned her back on a stranger ... with her kids in tow. And poor sweet Cherish paid with her life.

It's really hard not to feel that she made DS's crimes pretty easy to commit.

I don't know if I believe she found him creepy or not. On one hand... He's an old guy who attaches himself to a strange woman and her kids, offers to buy them things and hangs out with them for hours... how could he NOT be creepy? If it had been just a charitable person who just wanted to help out of the goodness of his heart they could have completed their shopping in a much shorter time and got the kids to bed in time. But this man draws it out for hours. At some point, everybody would get suspicious, wouldn't they?

But then again, if you find somebody creepy you're not going to leave your kids out of your sight for a second.

I don't think she found him creepy, either. I think spending hours together probably made him seem more benign, not more creepy, since time had elapsed with nothing bad happening and the better she'd feel like she knew him.

The blame should sit squarely on this deviant sexual predator-pedophile. The justice system and lawmakers also bear a large brunt of the responsibility that this evil predator was even walking the streets with his lengthy criminal history involving children.

Parents need mandatory education from child's entry into preschool continuing through every year of HS. So does the child via our education systems. I don't have the answer for assuring such education is received by both parents and child prior to entry into a school system.

Mother made a huge error in judgement...could be due to any number of reasons. I'm not seeing any "crime" committed by her yet. She's not defending the sexual predator-pedophile, nor did she even live with him nor have knowledge of his pedophiliac interests.

Yep, and the gift certificate was $100. I would think you would reach your total amount way before 3 hours had passed.

RP's hometown(according to her FB) is fairly close to where I live. About 20 minutes by car.

I have been holding off posting this but the more I read the more I have the same thought.

<modsnip>

:moo::moo:

These pedophile monsters are obviously all around us. Always been here, though sometimes it appears otherwise. They are from all walks of life and occupations. They are our family members, our acquaintances, the most trusted members of our communities, our neighbors and strangers.

And there will always be those adults among us who are less "smart" about such evil within our communities, our own families, and those adults more trusting, naive, less intelligent than we believe ourselves to be, or those of us with less than perfect judgement at times.

Should we have others control whether we can bear children or not? Should we have to pass a written or oral exam upon our child's birth? How about lessening perp's punishment since Mom all but "made him" succumb to his pedophiliac urges due to her poor judgment?

I could see, I suppose, a mother wanting to get the goods from the gift card. But the offer alone, even if accepted, should have been enough to tie the kids to her side (figuratively, I guess) until he was gone.

These pedophile monsters are obviously all around us. Always been here, though sometimes it appears otherwise. They are from all walks of life and occupations. They are our family members, our acquaintances, the most trusted members of our societies, our neighbors and strangers.

And there will always be those adults among us who are less "smart" about such evil within our communities, our own families, and those adults more trusting, naive, less intelligent than we believe ourselves to be, or those of us with less than perfect judgement at times.

Should we have others control whether we can bear children or not? Should we have to pass a written or oral exam upon our child's birth? How about lessening perp's punishment since Mom all but made him succumb to his pedophiliac urges due to her poor judgment?

I REALLY don't think anyone is blaming the mom for what the monster did. I am blaming her for making it EASY for the monster to do what he did. EVERY single step of the way, she could have STOPPED the progression of his availability of the girl. He is responsible for his actions. Why is it so bad, that some people want her to be responsible for HER actions...and inaction? A little girl is dead. He is responsible for her death. She should be held responsible for incredible negligence. I don't believe she should be held responsible, to lessen his responsibility. She should be responsible for what she does, only. In my opinion, as I only speak for me.

Wow. From that article, here's the information about a 2009 child custody evaluation performed by judge's order:

Sounds like that evaluator was right on. Now this child has no future at all. Why do we never hold judges accountable for their rulings?

The evaluation recommended Cherish live with the father and the court did not listen to the advice of the evaluation. I could not grab this part but is says "I fear for the child's future living with Ms periwinkle."
I am sick to my stomach.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/court-...rish/-/475880/20695092/-/aduvigz/-/index.html

Exactly. Why even do evaluation if the judge just going to ignore what the evaluator said. Yet I have never heard about a judge being held accountable for that kind of ruling.
:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members