GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WM merchandise is fairly standard from store to store. All it takes is for someone to go to WM and stroll through the clothing departments to determine whether those items are for kids or grown women.

ETA: I've let my "fingers do the walking" through WM online and see nothing resembling those tops in any department. Maybe someone else can have better luck with it.

To me the arms look to big to be for an 8 year old or younger

I agree and it's especially creepy how his eyes are fixed low on the kids.

I am sure he was glued to the child as white on rice. I am guessing he was trolling dollar general looking for a woman with some kids.

Do you live near this WM?
If you do the next time you are in the store could you please check which department they are shopping in!!!
This is driving me crazy!!

I was going today- but kids ball game was moved until tomorrow

(I am 50 miles from it). I will get there unless it cancels due to weather...

There are a few things about this picture that bother me, I do not belive this is the kids department even if we see the luvs look at the size of the shirts and what looks like t-shirts next to the mom!
This Luvs would be in the baby department correct?
The way he is standing he looks to me like he is about jump out of his skin or waiting for something to happen!
Could someone look closer at this picture with me I think mom is all into her clothes!!

My walmart has merchandize in the aisle like that,when I saw it I also think they are womens tops.

Why would my post be deleted about fathers criminal record?

Because it is not pertinent to this case, the father was not in the area, he is considered a victim and it is not necessary to post his information all over our threads.

I hope that helps. Anytime you have a question for a mod, please pm one of them. They are happy to help.

Thanks so much!

Salem

On the one hand I agree. On the other hand, I wonder if she thought she was taking advantage of him for a free dress. Dresses are fun to have but are not items of desperation or necessity. Risk your lives for some food when you are starving, ok. Risk your lives for a new dress??? Really??

I also wonder about saying he was going to buy her groceries with the giftcard.My sons ex get child support for 1 and she does work but her live in does not they are a family of 5,she has 3 children and she has around 2300.00 a month total coming in she gets 800.00 food stamps for 3 children and 2 adults.

I also wonder about saying he was going to buy her groceries with the giftcard.My sons ex get child support for 1 and she does work but her live in does not they are a family of 5,she has 3 children and she has around 2300.00 a month total coming in she gets 800.00 food stamps for 3 children and 2 adults.

So you (and the rest of us) know that child support is for the support and maintenance of the child, not the child plus the child's mother, plus the child's boyfriend, plus the child's other siblings who are not the children of the support provider.

I know this is a victim friendly site or whatever, but in this case, I just can't see the mom as a victim at ALL. I see her as greedy (not desperate or down on her luck) and I see her as very dumb (not naive). I just...can't with sympathy for her.
Today I was shopping with MY three kids, and thinking about what I would do if some strange man that set off my hinky meter offered me money and a ride in his van. I would tell him to get away from me and consider going to the security department and asking them to watch me leave the store because I would be worried for our safety. In fact, I had a super creepy man come up to me in a store before (Walmart, of course) and I did exactly that-I told the greeter and asked them to watch as I went to my car.
I think she needs some kind of neglect charge filed against her, as well as losing custody of her other children for good. People like her shouldn't be allowed to care for children.

I agree ! I keep thinking about those 3 little girls in this monsters van, he could have killed them all. I honestly can not understand why the 2 sisters are still with her,unless they are waiting until after her funeral to do something. The number of bad judgement calls that were made that night were too many that I really do not believe a parenting class will help her.Those 2 girls need to be protected as they grow up I hope good counseling is provided,they will mostly have survivors guilt I did but I never realized it till many years later.

So why would Mom let a complete stranger (a man) buy her a dress if she is living with another man.?

Wonder if the outcome that happen didn't happen, what the Mom would have told the live in BF when she got home.. Hey honey some strange man just bought me this dress? Really? Strange, IMO!

I thought she wanted to buy a dress for Cherish to wear on her trip to see her dad?

Extra thanks to the several posters who've pointed out that the serial child rapist in this case was really good at what he did.

Trust me, this is his JOB. This is what he thinks about all day. He goes out hunting for vulnerable mothers and kids. I'm betting he thought he hit the jackpot with this family - look at the amount of sheer manipulation he pulled on this mother (who I can't help thinking isn't too bright to begin with...) that he spotted as being a bit ditzy/not observant. He would have kept testing and testing the waters til he was sure he could land his prize and get away.

While I think it's fair enough to lambast the mother for being an idiot, idiocy sometimes isn't a choice. If she isn't a good mother, then she isn't and the courts had plenty of opportunity to take the kids off her and did not.

I'm not defending her. But my anger is focussed on courts which know a woman can't look after her kids and choose to leave them with her.

My anger is focussed on the man who was fully aware of what he was doing, and deliberately preyed on a vulnerable target -- and also focussed on the system that allows a man like that, a serial child rapist, to not only walk around free but live in proximity to a school..

All of us mothers need to not just be vigilant, but hyper-vigilant, and our kids can't enjoy the freedoms that we had as children, thanks to the lax and perp-friendly laws which allow these monsters their freedom to rape again and again.

Sadly, there's no law against stupid -- so laying hate on the fool of a mother seems kind of pointless to me, when the men who prey on stupid mothers so often walk free and harm hundreds, maybe thousands of children in their lifetimes.

Everyone concerned, from the courts to the parents, let this innocent down. I think all concerned are in part responsible for her being available to her killer. But if that monstrous predator was not walking free, she'd be alive today and still able to be helped.

Something about this story doesn't add up. Timelines mostly. As unpopular as it may be, I'm going to say whats been on my mind all day.

My weird guilty pleasure is perusing Craigslist for wanton craziness. I can't help it--it's like a traffic accident to me-painful to watch but I can't stop looking. That said, I can't even begin to count the number of times women have posted things like "single mother in need of an angel", or "single mother of two just needs $ome help" or something to that effect. The story is always similar--out of work, fallen on hard times, need a place to stay, just enough to make ends meet--you get my drift. Sometimes there are even pictures. One guy yesterday posted four pictures of himself and a young toddler with the request "just want someone to come and hang out with me and my daughter."

<modsnip>

Not sure if anybody has replied to this post.

If I saw that on Craigslist I would report it to the police. You just never know.

Extra thanks to the several posters who've pointed out that the serial child rapist in this case was really good at what he did.

Trust me, this is his JOB. This is what he thinks about all day. He goes out hunting for vulnerable mothers and kids. I'm betting he thought he hit the jackpot with this family - look at the amount of sheer manipulation he pulled on this mother (who I can't help thinking isn't too bright to begin with...) that he spotted as being a bit ditzy/not observant. He would have kept testing and testing the waters til he was sure he could land his prize and get away.

While I think it's fair enough to lambast the mother for being an idiot, idiocy sometimes isn't a choice. If she isn't a good mother, then she isn't and the courts had plenty of opportunity to take the kids off her and did not.

I'm not defending her. But my anger is focussed on courts which know a woman can't look after her kids and choose to leave them with her.

My anger is focussed on the man who was fully aware of what he was doing, and deliberately preyed on a vulnerable target -- and also focussed on the system that allows a man like that, a serial child rapist, to not only walk around free but live in proximity to a school..

All of us mothers need to not just be vigilant, but hyper-vigilant, and our kids can't enjoy the freedoms that we had as children, thanks to the lax and perp-friendly laws which allow these monsters their freedom to rape again and again.

Sadly, there's no law against stupid -- so laying hate on the fool of a mother seems kind of pointless to me, when the men who prey on stupid mothers so often walk free and harm hundreds, maybe thousands of children in their lifetimes.

Everyone concerned, from the courts to the parents, let this innocent down. I think all concerned are in part responsible for her being available to her killer. But if that monstrous predator was not walking free, she'd be alive today and still able to be helped.

I agree with you. This woman has two other children to look after. No doubt CPS will have her under the microscope.

Let us not forget there are two other children that have to deal with the loss of their sister. To top it off their mother is feeling the flames from her community for not keeping her daughter safe.

So you (and the rest of us) know that child support is for the support and maintenance of the child, not the child plus the child's mother, plus the child's boyfriend, plus the child's other siblings who are not the children of the support provider.

I know! She had a child and we doted on her became her grandparents,then she after my grandson was born when they broke up we still were her grandparents and my daughter would buy both kids summer and school clothes every year including schools supplies,then when she met #3 and got pregnant a month (knew him 2 months)after the kids told he had been abusing them (long story) She got mad because my daughter bought the 2 kids their summer clothes and did not buy for the 3rd child!:banghead:

This Wal-mart is NOT a 24 hour store- they close at 11:00 pm on Friday

http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/ca_storefinder_details_short.do?edit_object_id=1219

The police report said that Rayne called 911 at 11:18 though.

It sounds like Rayne did give Smith and Cherish permission to go to another McDonald's. So then when the store closed at 11, she wasn't worried that the van wasn't in the parking lot but as the minutes went by and it still wasn't back, then she called 911. It would be interested to see if the security camera outside the store shows her waiting around for it. But the fact that she didn't call 911 as soon as the store closed is very disturbing.

Witness saw Cherish's family minutes before abduction

Crystal says she saw Cherish's mom and two daughters in the shoe section minutes before it happened.

"She looked like she was having a hard time she looked like her mind was somewhere else," she said.

Crystal says she left the checkout line a little after 10:30 p.m., and that she felt something wasn't right, but never saw nor heard Cherish.

"There was no scene, there was no help me, no I'm in trouble, no I'm in danger, something is not right, nothing. "That's what's hard to make sense of all of this," said Crystal.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...ly-minutes-before/AXhn_b114kuweqyrx0vMVg.cspx

I guess the point of my ramble up there is that there's no laws against women with sub-par IQ's and weak wills spitting babies out. Millions of 'em do it, every day. And the problem with the stupid is, they don't know they're stupid. So that particular problem will never go away and the rest of us just have to deal with the fallout (or not, but I like to think we're all nice people here and would help if we could).

BUT there --are-- plenty of legal means to keep the men (and women) who prey on the stupid away from the unfortunate progeny of those incapable of being good parents. Those laws are real, not just "should be's" and "oughta's". But the laws aren't being used efficiently and so kids with stupid parents are always going to be vulnerable.

Makes me crazy, that we have the solution to so many future child rapes and murders in place, but -- pedos walk free. End rant, promise. ;)

Boyfriend of Cherish's mother speaks

http://www.news4jax.com/news/boyfri...eaks/-/475880/20693252/-/5s2kgcz/-/index.html

"Rayne's the type of person she won't even get in the car with me, with somebody from work she doesn't know," Pearson said. "I know there are a lot of people saying things about Rayne, and I just really want people to know Rayne is such a wonderful mother, she is such a wonderful mother. I just really want people to know that."

Cherish's mom says she told Cherish just last week to never leave a store with a stranger.

Bolded part...It's like she is saying it's Cherish's fault. I didn't give her permission to go to McDonald's. I even told her last week not to go off with a stranger. But she still did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member