GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that's the point, she didn't find the guy creepy until it was too late. Maybe she believed she was doing what was in the best interest of the child (getting her new clothes and something to eat). She just was wrong and I'm sure she'll pay that price forever.

You know, not all RSO's wear a sign proclaiming as such. They come as your friends, bearing gifts.

The mother claims she found him creepy the entire time. Also, Smith said he was going to buy a dress for the mother, not for the kids. My guess is that he focused on Rayne instead of the kids so she wouldn't think he was interested in them.

Maybe that's the point, she didn't find the guy creepy until it was too late. Maybe she believed she was doing what was in the best interest of the child (getting her new clothes and something to eat). She just was wrong and I'm sure she'll pay that price forever.

You know, not all RSO's wear a sign proclaiming as such. They come as your friends, bearing gifts.

I avoided commenting until the mom said 'I didn't let her go to Mc Donalds with him because I thought he was creepy.'

Those are the moms words.

The mother claims she found him creepy the entire time. Also, Smith said he was going to buy a dress for the mother, not for the kids. My guess is that he focused on Rayne instead of the kids so she wouldn't think he was interested in them.
Thank you for highlighting this as well. Another thing I hadn't commented on. He was not there to buy a dress for Charish, he was shopping for the mother.

You said she found him creepy at the dollar store. SHE said that, in her very own words. I think the point is, she started caring about where her daughter was and with who...too late. 40 minutes too late.

ETA: "Perrywinkle told Action News she thought Smith was "creepy and annoying," but eventually seemed genuine in his offer to help.

"Part of me wanted to believe this was a blessing for my children, and that's what I kept telling myself, but when we got in the car I felt very tense and was sitting straight up."

Perrywinkle says she felt uneasy as soon as she got into Smith's van."

She was creeped out at the dollar store. Instead of declining, she got in the van. Her daughter was still alive, and it was not too late. They got to Walmart. She was alive, it was not too late. She could have told him to leave at Walmart. She could have called someone for a ride back home. She could have reported him to the store. She could have made any excuse for him to get away from them. He went to get food, she was still alive. It was not too late. They left the store, she was alive. It was not too late. 40 minutes later, the police are called. Now, it's too late. She was dead within the hour.

She didn't feel that uneasy if she took a ride with him with her children to another store, and if she waited 40 minutes to call 911 after Cherish and Smith were no longer with her. She is just concerned about defending herself from people who are shocked that she trusted him completely.

If the mom found him creepy, she could have used him going to McDonald's as her opportunity to get away, not kept shopping. Of course Cherish, having followed him either with or without permission, was already gone, but Mom would have noticed that before he/they left the store if she took her chance. I guess it was complicated by her not having a car at WM, but it doesn't seem like she even tried. Did she have a cell phone to call her BF to pick them up or get a neighbor to do it? There probably isn't a pay phone around anymore but If she had been desperate she could have asked another shopper to borrow theirs. Did she even try?

If the mom found him creepy, she could have used him going to McDonald's as her opportunity to get away, not kept shopping. Of course Cherish, having followed him either with or without permission, was already gone, but Mom would have noticed that before he/they left the store if she took her chance. I guess it was complicated by her not having a car at WM, but it doesn't seem like she even tried. Did she have a cell phone to call her BF to pick them up or get a neighbor to do it? There probably isn't a pay phone around anymore but If she had been desperate she could have asked another shopper to borrow theirs. Did she even try?

If Cherish left without permission, it wouldn't take Rayne 40 minutes to realize she was gone and call 911.

It's possible she didn't have a cell phone, but she could always use an employee or someone else at the store, like you said.

The video in the store will show everything, hopefully. It will show whether Rayne and Smith had any conversation right before he walked off with Cherish, or whether he did leave with her behind Rayne's back. It will show how Rayne reacted when she saw they weren't with her anymore. It will show how long it was until Rayne decided to check the McDonald's or the parking lot. It will show her reaction when she realized they were gone.

If she did not have a phone, all she needed to do is scream that her child was missing and may have left the store with a man and 911 would have called instantly, probably dozens of times.

If Cherish left without permission, it wouldn't take Rayne 40 minutes to realize she was gone and call 911.

Respectfully snipped. Isn't the forty minute time period between when Cherish left with the monster and when the police arrived?

So, let's say 10 minutes to realize she's not there, hiding in the racks or generally being a kid.

5 minutes to gather the other kids and walk to the McDonalds to look.

10-15 minutes minutes to scour the store.

10 minutes from dialing 911 to have the cops arrive.

This seems like a fairly reasonable timeline if she wasn't alarmed at first that Cherish was gone.

Thank you for highlighting this as well. Another thing I hadn't commented on. He was not there to buy a dress for Charish, he was shopping for the mother.

Last night I asked if anyone could tell (from the posted pictures) what was in the basket. I'll ask again now. Please and thankya to anyone with better eyesight that can tell and report to the group!:seeya::)

I don't see anything in the basket. I'm on my iPod. I'll look again when I'm on my computer.

"I'll buy you a dress, and all I want in return is your child. OK?":stormingmad:

I can't decipher whether or not anything is in the basket either. Sorry!

I believe, unless there is a very low level on the rack behind the cart, that there are things in the cart.

Thanks, ya'll! It looks to me like there is something in the cart, but I can't begin to make out what.

i was at wal mart this morning. bummed that i have no money, couldnt get anything but what was on my wic checks.

couldn't help but thinking of a sweet, innocent girl.

i found myself looking at strangers, trying to decide, as a mom, a mom with no money, what could lead to the events that night in that walmart? mental illness? that was the nicest thing i came up with...

twenty minutes, people. that is how long it took hrr to notify cops AFTER HE DROVE AWAY. it took me
TWENTY TWO minutes to park, get a buggy, get a watermelon, juice, cheese, bread, milk, cereal, eggs, check out and walk back to my van.

i kissed my toddler as we left, safely, together. he didnt know the lump in my throat was choking me...

I got thirsty and had to get up. I'm on my computer now. I think that if there's anything in the cart it's either at the very bottom, which you can't really see, or the child seat, which you can't see at all because it's behind the display of diapers. The colors that might be in the cart look to me like they're shorts or something hanging under the tops. They look to me like they're on the other side of the cart.

I don't have good software though. I just saved the image and looked at it with Windows Photo Viewer and zoomed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean