GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this took place in Florida with the Sunshine Law, we will probably learn a lot more information about the family's life prior to this horrific crime, and what exactly transpired that night.

Since this took place in Florida with the Sunshine Law, we will probably learn a lot more information about the family's life prior to this horrific crime, and what exactly transpired that night.

Ohhh, yes. We will also get to see what was going on for the better part of the whole evening because the one good thing about Walmart is they take their loss prevention VERY seriously, so they have cameras everywhere. Dollar General also has camera surveillance.

If you look up the father's FB page, he made a statement eluded to the warnings that he had given the Court many times about Mom's parenting.

<modsnip>

Okay, Mods, delete away ....

Don't challenge the Mods, please. If you know something is against TOS, don't post it. It is YOUR responsibility and we expect that you will abide by the rules.

If you have a question, pm the mod of your choice. We are all here to help and we are really, pretty nice.

Salem

Maybe the other kids were too young for his "preferred age range" (blerk, makes me sick to think about it).

Admittedly, I have not yet read every nuance of opinion and fact regarding the child's mother, and really prefer not to hang her out to dry for anything but a stupid choice just yet. She's lost her daughter, and it's partly her fault. I couldn't live with such guilt and pain, I really couldn't. Not excusing her obviously stupid choice here, but I'm also not going to go wack on her like she's a perp - unless there's proof she is one.

That said - this PREDATOR (I am severely irked at his "classification" if you can't tell, ha) has had many many years practise in preying on mothers and kids -- his MO in previous crimes shows he has no fear or shame in doing whatever he (inhumanly) can to get a child on thier own, and will do so in the most aggressive manner if he thinks it's necessary. He's a con-man, and clearly the cons have paid for him in the past (the ones that we can see, I dread to think how many there actually are..).

Again, not an excuse for the mother's choice here -- but the fact that this man is serial predatory child rapist and con-man might have factored into her making that choice somewhat, yannow? They DO pick their targets. They pick on the vulnerabilities they can see, in order to get what they really want, and can and do 'groom' whole families for months, even years, in order to get access to children.

A thank you click wasn't enough.

Don't challenge the Mods, please. If you know something is against TOS, don't post it. It is YOUR responsibility and we expect that you will abide by the rules.

If you have a question, pm the mod of your choice. We are all here to help and we are really, pretty nice.

Salem

I apologize. I was getting frustrated.

EVERYBODY - this thread is a mess!

No one is following the rules here! Please, take a minute to review the rules: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Please pay special attention to the rules for social media and comments following MSM articles. Such information is considered rumor and is not discussable - but it can be linked to with a quick note to your fellow posters about how to locate it.

NO copy/paste.

ALSO - mom is a victim of this man at this point in time. So far, LE seems to be supporting her. That means that speculating about drugs, trafficking, prostituting, etc. etc. etc. is OFF the table unless you can link to MSM or LE info that supports your speculation. Comments following an article are NOT good enough.

If you have questions - PM a mod of your choice. We are all here to help, we are friendly and nice. We will help.

And NO BASHING of verified posters, please.

Salem

Yes- I shop occasionally at this Walmart- as it is an easy store to get back on the highway from on my way out of that area.

Please notice the photo below. The time stamp is 9:34 pm. If you enlarge this photo, there is another still shot. RP is in the shoe dept.

In fact, I would imagine after spending approx 90 minutes in this small walmart, she had many many opportunities to see Mc Donalds closing and closed.

It is fact, proved by these still shots, that she was in more than one department. And, as mentioned in MSM- the perp asked her if she wanted a dress, which means she was in, or was going to the woman's dept also within the time frame she was there.

surveillance shot

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/rss/article/317454/3/-Charish-Lilly-Perriwinkle?odyssey=obinsite

amber%208.jpg

Yannow what's so incredibly creepy about these shots? At casual glance this could be any granddad/daughter shopping with grandkids/kids or May/December couple shopping with their kids.

How terrible would it be to have seen them in this store, only to find out hours later the truth behind this innocent-looking scene? Something like that could haunt a person forever...the what if's and if only's could eat a person alive. And yet the perpetrator...well just look at his history. Any remorse on his part at all? Only he knows that for sure. Does he hate himself for doing this sort of thing and yet continues to be driven by his inner "demons," or does he have no conscience at all? Sexual predators fall into both categories. Regardless, both are seriously dangerous.

Do you think that will include release of more Walmart video footage? Will that come under Florida's Sunshine Law?

I grieve for this child as I was a victim of a similar pervert and his brother. But I survived. She is in Heaven now and can't be hurt anymore. RIP little angel!

Regarding the McDonald's restaurant already being closed at the time Smith offered to buy food for the family, here's what I'm thinking. I don't necessarily think it's negligence on the part of Cherish's mother.

Smith says something about going to McDonald's. He probably sees that Mom is distracted, Cherish is losing interest in the whole looking for new clothes endeavor, and now is the perfect time for him to lure her away. He might have even directed his "I'm going to McDonald's" comment at Cherish, in an attempt to convince her to come with him. He made it easy for her to say, "Me too," because that is what he wanted.

Mom, who's understandably frazzled and distracted after 3+ hours of shopping with three young children and a man she finds "creepy," has lost track of time and assumes that the McDonald's Smith is referring to is the one inside the store, which was open when they arrived. Mom has no reason to check to see if the McDonald's is indeed open, as it's fairly logical to assume that it keeps the same hours as the store itself, so if it was open when they arrived and Smith just said he was going to eat there, it's probably still open. After all, why would he say that he's going to go get food from a place that isn't even open? I really don't think it's unreasonable at all that she didn't think anything of it.

Smith knows all along that he doesn't plan to bring Cherish to McDonald's at all.

Cherish follows Smith toward the front of the store. He gets her there and says something like, "Oh darn, look, I guess this McDonald's is closed. It's okay, we can just run to the other one on [X Road]. It's not too far away so it'll only take a minute. We'll let your mom finish shopping with your sisters and then come back with the food."

Cherish thinks nothing of this since she's only 8 years old and after all, the McDonald's inside the Wal-mart IS closed. She's hungry, she feels like she knows this guy and he's being nice to her and her family. He's not forceful or threatening with his suggestion of going to another McDonald's. She has no reason to be afraid. She goes with him.

I'm going to go puke now.

Do you think that will include release of more Walmart video footage? Will that come under Florida's Sunshine Law?

I don't think we'll see much more video footage until closer to trial. The police don't need to release it to the press, The SAO doesn't need it this early. It'll come out later in the discovery phase, I'd guess. His next court date is July 16.

This whole story is tragic on a number of levels. Mostly because it was preventable. When thinking about how this happened, the obvious words of gullible and naive jump out but there is another that probably is most relevant in this case. Desperate.

It's impossible for me to identify the circumstances of how this mother allowed a complete stranger to befriend her in a dollar general (which is not an intimate setting) to the point of spilling out her life story to him and him offering to buy her clothes. To which she agrees, then proceeds to spend a number of hours with him in Walmart. But it just feels like this woman was desperate and when you are desperate I think your guard goes way down when someone wants to help you. It's still a leap to trust one of your children alone with someone you barely know, a few hours or not.

This whole story is tragic on a number of levels. Mostly because it was preventable. When thinking about how this happened, the obvious words of gullible and naive jump out but there is another that probably is most relevant in this case. Desperate.

It's impossible for me to identify the circumstances of how this mother allowed a complete stranger to befriend her in a dollar general (which is not an intimate setting) to the point of spilling out her life story to him and him offering to buy her clothes. To which she agrees, then proceeds to spend a number of hours with him in Walmart. But it just feels like this woman was desperate and when you are desperate I think your guard goes way down when someone wants to help you. It's still a leap to trust one of your children alone with someone you barely know, a few hours or not.

Why would she be desperate? I don't follow. This child had a father who wanted custody. Father was not able to obtain custody. So if she was so desperate why didn't she give custody to the father?

Why would she be desperate? I don't follow. This child had a father who wanted custody. Father was not able to obtain custody. So if she was so desperate why didn't she give custody to the father?

Because a mother will do anything to hold onto her children, even if it means they may have a better life with the father.

Because a mother will do anything to hold onto her children, even if it means they may have a better life with the father.

Shouldn't the mother do anything in the best interest of the children?

Video and story from last night's vigil at Highlands Baptist Church. http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-06-23/story/after-cherish-perrywinkles-death-hundreds-mourn

"She got along with everybody. She was one of the sweetest kids. I wish all the kids in there would be the way she was," said Abby Jones, Cherish's children's pastor at Paxon Revival Center Church. "I'm proud that so many people care about her, even though some don't know her and their hearts still go out to her."
Aharon Pearson sat beside Cherish's mother at the service. He said he helped raise Cherish since she was just 10 months old. Despite the tragic loss, Pearson said he's grateful she was found.

"At least we have some kind of closure. I mean, there's a lot of families out there that their child is missing and they haven't found them," said Pearson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member