GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...she either had her own car, or they walked/got a ride to DG.

Dollar General is a mile from her home- and not an area meant for walking with
a 4, 5 & 8 yr old...

and BF was wondering why they were not home - according to same neighbor that drove BF

The mom said she would never allow Cherish to go with this man alone to the McD's inside the Walmart...so why didn't she ask Walmart for a code Adam immediately when her daughter was not by her side. Walmart will lock the store up until child is found. All employees begin searching for child.

This story doesn't make any logical sense. Imo

It took her over 30 minutes to call 911 after the man was seen getting into the van with Cherish. If she didn't give him permission to take Cherish to McDonalds, why did it take so long for her to contact 911? By the way this guy seems to have some creepy attachment to McDonalds. In his previous offense, he pretended to be a DCF worker and asked child's grandmother to bring child to McDonalds. Thankfully child's mother realized something was wrong and contacted police.

So heartbreaking.....wake up courts!!! Really and truly. Sometimes a child is better off being cared for by dad. Like this case, it seems! :banghead:

Most definitely.
Some 'birthers' are too (insert adjectives/expletives) for motherhood. Some fathers are truly gifted...with the grace of the Good Lord, and guided in raising children morally, socially, physically correct.

I kinda know a dad like that...:blushing:...who thank God was graced with a wonderful little family court judge, who stated these words..."I can see through the trees in the forest."!

Idk Mr. Jarreau's true story in his custody plight for lil Cherish, but...man, oh, man...prayers for this dad.

The mom said she would never allow Cherish to go with this man alone to the McD's inside the Walmart...so why didn't she ask Walmart for a code Adam immediately when her daughter was not by her side. Walmart will lock the store up until child is found. All employees begin searching for child.

This story doesn't make any logical sense. Imo

Once when my son was about 7 and my nephew about 6, my sister and I took them to Walmart. She checked out first and took my son with her and waited outside. My nephew stayed with me. When we were about to leave, he thought he was being cute and yelled, "Help! This is not my mother!" Shoot. No way I could have gotten out of that store with him. As it was someone had to go track my sister down, IDs were shown, and my nephew very sheepishly admitted that no, I was not his mother...I was his aunt.

[I don't think he was able to sit down for a week for this little "trick." His mother was not amused...more so than me even.]

So yeah...that Code Adam works and works quickly.

It was posted here that the McDonald's in the store closes at 10 PM, and it's obvious when one enters the store whether it's open or not. Since Cherish and Smith went off to McDonald's at 10:40 PM, Mom had to have known they were going to a different McDonald's.

Just jumping off a post, I did not quote the OP as I am posting in general.

By all means I am not defending the mother BUT I do not think it is safe to say that everyone knows the hours of operation for McDonald's. Mom already sounds like a head case, in Walmart for three hours. I am not sure she was aware of what time the store one closed at, I would have thought 11 on a Friday.
From her possible Facebook, one of her two likes were McDonald's and the other a bar in NM. Maybe that explains her being able to spend three hours there.

I do not buy into she sold her daughter as much as I despise her parenting. Yeah she let her go with him to the store McDonald's and realized when they did not eventually come back that something was wrong.

What about her other two children, did she not think they might want some food?

I would feel less doubt about this story ( a bit less) over this whole thing if she drove her own vehicle to Walmart. A neighbor stated he drove the live in BF to walmart- so I assume she must have drove to the Dollar General.
Why would one assume that she drove to Dollar General? The store is less than a mile from her house, within walking distance. I have no idea whether she drove or walked, but there's not enough information to rule either one out, even with kids in tow. My opinion only, of course.

I agree with what most of you suspect - there is a piece missing to this story!

Assuming Mother drives her car to DG, then agrees to get into van with stranger for drive to WM, she was depending on him bringing her back to DG, right? Why not follow him so she could buckle the smaller children up safely? NOT thinking about children!

News articles say she was putting things back because she couldn't afford them. This implies, to me, she had put them in her basket. Why do this if you know you can't afford them to begin with? What had her attention or what was she doing? This is NOT teaching your children properly. And yes, I know what it is to make a penny stretch and do without!

Bet the tape in DG tells a good story - if there is a working tape!

What made this woman so desperate to do all these wrong things? :banghead:

A year or so ago, my family and I ate at a local Zaxby's restaurant for lunch. As we dined, we noticed two small children in the dining area, but there were no people other than us. After a few minutes, it became apparent that the children, ages 3 and 1, were that of a young employee. Halfway through our meal, I asked the mother if she minded if the kids sat with us, as other patrons had starting arriving and the toddler was all over the place. We ended up sitting there with them close to two hours. Mom tells me that she and her mother both work there, and her babysitter canceled, and she really needed the job and couldn't call in. I wanted to help her out, so I told her that if she ever got stuck like that again, to give me a call, and I gave her my number. She called me almost every day for the next month, and when I could I drove to Zaxby's and picked up those babies. She didn't even have car seats for them. :( I took them to church with me, shopping, fed them.... took them to my house. After she continued to call, I talked with her about helping her get more permanent child care, as I couldn't keep the babies as frequently when my kids started school. (We home school.) She called a time or two more, and then I didn't hear from her. Number was disconnected and I never saw her car at Zaxby's again, and her coworkers said she moved.

I tell this story to show just how desperate people can be for someone to help them. I'm a safe looking, trustworthy person..... but I just as easily could have not been. I was there when she was desperate and offered a solution, which this mother saw as an answered prayer. I still think about those babies... and hope they are safe and well. They went with me so easily..... Like they had been with strangers before. :(

Sweet Charish..... I'm just so sorry and heartbroken that this happened. Rip

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

A year or so ago, my family and I ate at a local Zaxby's restaurant for lunch. As we dined, we noticed two small children in the dining area, but there were no people other than us. After a few minutes, it became apparent that the children, ages 3 and 1, were that of a young employee. Halfway through our meal, I asked the mother if she minded if the kids sat with us, as other patrons had starting arriving and the toddler was all over the place. We ended up sitting there with them close to two hours. Mom tells me that she and her mother both work there, and her babysitter canceled, and she really needed the job and couldn't call in. I wanted to help her out, so I told her that if she ever got stuck like that again, to give me a call, and I gave her my number. She called me almost every day for the next month, and when I could I drove to Zaxby's and picked up those babies. She didn't even have car seats for them. :( I took them to church with me, shopping, fed them.... took them to my house. After she continued to call, I talked with her about helping her get more permanent child care, as I couldn't keep the babies as frequently when my kids started school. (We home school.) She called a time or two more, and then I didn't hear from her. Number was disconnected and I never saw her car at Zaxby's again, and her coworkers said she moved.

I tell this story to show just how desperate people can be for someone to help them. I'm a safe looking, trustworthy person..... but I just as easily could have not been. I was there when she was desperate and offered a solution, which this mother saw as an answered prayer. I still think about those babies... and hope they are safe and well. They went with me so easily..... Like they had been with strangers before. :(

What a lovely thing to do. :yourock:

I'm gonna try this again <modsnip>

I am furious at the mother. Her story doesn't add up.

1) Based on the police report there was a 40-minute delay from when Charish left the store with the perv to when the police arrived. It's time-stamped on the security cameras. 40 MINUTES! Let's not forget, Perv was her ride home. It sounds to me she kept shopping while her daughter was getting her snack and not bothering her, was ready to check out and was looking for her $100 gift card and her ride, went to the front of the store, saw that McDonald's was closed, and started to do the math.

2) Let's talk about her ride for a second. He drove one of those creepy white vans. Depending on if it was a work van or a recreational one, some of them don't even have a row of seats behind the driver's/passenger's bucket seats because it is used for tools/materials. Even if it had that second row of seats, obviously he didn't have two cars seats, so she had to have put those kids in the creepy white van while their little bodies bobbled around in the back.

3)She was in Walmart until after 11:00 at night. If a man was creepy and she didn't feel comfortable, would you wait until it was pitch black and desolate to load your kids back up for their unseatbelted ride home??

Something about this story doesn't add up. Timelines mostly. As unpopular as it may be, I'm going to say whats been on my mind all day.

My weird guilty pleasure is perusing Craigslist for wanton craziness. I can't help it--it's like a traffic accident to me-painful to watch but I can't stop looking. That said, I can't even begin to count the number of times women have posted things like "single mother in need of an angel", or "single mother of two just needs $ome help" or something to that effect. The story is always similar--out of work, fallen on hard times, need a place to stay, just enough to make ends meet--you get my drift. Sometimes there are even pictures. One guy yesterday posted four pictures of himself and a young toddler with the request "just want someone to come and hang out with me and my daughter."

<modsnip>

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

And yet there is all kinds of help out there for people in similar positions; and as I mentioned before, often people don't want to go the route of official help because it means their home lives are scrutinized and they do not want certain aspects of their lives to come to light.

Why would one assume that she drove to Dollar General? The store is less than a mile from her house, within walking distance. I have no idea whether she drove or walked, but there's not enough information to rule either one out, even with kids in tow. My opinion only, of course.

Assume.. ie. MOO...

And, from where girls clothing is- from its main aisle- you can see McDonalds and the doors.

Going back over the posts about the McDonalds...

Momrids6, I believe you've been in the actual Walmart in question, correct? Or have I misread somewhere along the way? I mean, like others have pointed out, there are a number of layouts for Walmarts. Heck, I live in Wallyworldland, and no two are alike up here.

BUT

Your descriptions are of the actual Walmart where Cherish and her mother and siblings were that night, right? Just wanting to clarify! :)

I understand that there is incomplete information and enough vagueness right now to set of folks' hinkey meters, but please please I ask that we all try and back up our ideas with information, published material, and theories backed by data while the information continues to come to light.

Which case drove that point home to me? Somer Thompson's. I never met the family, but had worked at the same place (at one point) with a person associated with the Somer Thompson case whose name was dragged through a lot of nasty comments and suspicions as the case developed. Not close co-workers, mind you, but I knew enough about that person that I'd never have considered that person as someone even remotely capable of being involved, nor capable of harming a fly. Yet when the insinuations on message boards and in the media started flying about this person being involved in a malevolent fashion, I almost let myself fall into that trap with no proof either.

Trust me, I'm not naive, and I also recognize that yes, sometimes a perp IS the trusted friend or the neighbor. But I'm still ashamed that I made such a jump to such bad ideas about somebody I knew without evidence, proof or reliable report, especially when the very thought was contrary to the person's very nature. I'm just glad that because of that personal awareness, I didn't post those thoughts, and as the case developed, the person was exhonerated.

I don't know anybody in this case, and I thank God that I don't know anybody in most every case I ever read about here. But that reminder stays with me, and I try to provide data backing up my opinions. Still doesn't prevent me from forming incorrect opinions from the information at hand, but it also helps me keep any open mind as the horrors of cases like these unfurl.

Absolutely 100% My Opinion Only.

I too, do not post often-but this crime has really upset me. Probably because it was all preventable.
First of all, this convicted felon should not have been anywhere without a monitoring bracelet.
What the hell is that about?
Secondly. This is a victim friendly site-so I will bite my lip a bit but not too much.
I am floored that this Mother willingly put herself and her 3 children in such a dangerous position with this strange man.
I would like to know if she had drugs or alcohol in her system.
We will probably never find out.
But I personally can not believe that a stone cold sober woman would allow herself to put herself and her children in such danger for over 4 hours.
Additionally, 40 minutes is a damn long time to report your child missing in this situation.
If....one is clear and sober.
I want to see the Wall mart videos big time.
If the video shows that the mother was stoned then she needs to be charged with every law that can be thrown at her.
I wonder what she and Smith were really doing in that van for hours on end? Drinking? Smoking pot?
I do NOT see this mother as an innocent victim in any of this.

I understand that there is incomplete information and enough vagueness right now to set of folks' hinkey meters, but please please I ask that we all try and back up our ideas with information, published material, and theories backed by data while the information continues to come to light.

Which case drove that point home to me? Somer Thompson's. I never met the family, but had worked at the same place (at one point) with a person associated with the Somer Thompson case whose name was dragged through a lot of nasty comments and suspicions as the case developed. Not close co-workers, mind you, but I knew enough about that person that I'd never have considered that person as someone even remotely capable of being involved, nor capable of harming a fly. Yet when the insinuations on message boards and in the media started flying about this person being involved in a malevolent fashion, I almost let myself fall into that trap with no proof either.

Trust me, I'm not naive, and I also recognize that yes, sometimes a perp IS the trusted friend or the neighbor. But I'm still ashamed that I made such a jump to such bad ideas about somebody I knew without evidence, proof or reliable report, especially when the very thought was contrary to the person's very nature. I'm just glad that because of that personal awareness, I didn't post those thoughts, and as the case developed, the person was exhonerated.

I don't know anybody in this case, and I thank God that I don't know anybody in most every case I ever read about here. But that reminder stays with me, and I try to provide data backing up my opinions. Still doesn't prevent me from forming incorrect opinions from the information at hand, but it also helps me keep any open mind as the horrors of cases like these unfurl.

Absolutely 100% My Opinion Only.

- I thought it was odd yesterday that throughout all the media coverage Mom's name was NEVER mentioned until late in the day. Well, Mom's name isn't really Mom's name. It's what she renamed herself in 2004. Sometimes she uses Perrywinkle, sometimes Perriwinkle ... same for her daughter, sometimes she was Cherish and sometimes Charish. (The hair on the back of my neck never lies to me.)

<modsnip>

Snipped:

I too, do not post often-but this crime has really upset me. Probably because it was all preventable.

This

First of all, this convicted felon should not have been anywhere without a monitoring bracelet.

This...if he had to be allowed out at all.

I am floored that this Mother willingly put herself and her 3 children in such a dangerous position with this strange man.

And this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member