GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT

I'm an Aussie and I can say as a nation we are becoming very untrusting. We are having the same difficulties here that the US is having with parole boards, releasing repeat offenders, and horrible crimes against women and children.

I've been surprised to read on other threads that some in the US still leave their doors unlocked. Whilst I think some here would do that (probably more in the country or regional areas), it shocked me, as I never ever would - I live in the suburbs of a capital city. It used to be like that here many decades ago, but crime has scared a lot of Australians, particularly when it occurs across suburbs and socioeconomic groups.

We don't have as many reported crimes as the US, but then again, we don't have the same size population.

Rayne Perrywinkle tells Action News that Donald Smith approached her inside the Dollar General on Edgewood Avenue, after he overheard her telling her daughter that she couldn't afford a dress the girl was asking for.

"He saw me putting things back because I couldn't afford them, and he offered to help me pay for some other items with a Walmart gift card that his wife had. We waited in that parking lot for a long time for her to come to the store, but then he said she [his wife] wanted him to meet her at the Walmart."

Perrywinkle told Action News she thought Smith was "creepy and annoying," but eventually seemed genuine in his offer to help.

"Part of me wanted to believe this was a blessing for my children, and that's what I kept telling myself, but when we got in the car I felt very tense and was sitting straight up."

Perrywinkle says she felt uneasy as soon as she got into Smith's van.

Perrywinkle says Smith continued to follow her every move inside the Walmart and insisted his wife was on her way. As they waited for his "wife" to arrive, he yelled "from across the way" and said he was going to McDonald's for a burger.

"He asked if I wanted anything and I heard Cherish say 'cheeseburger.' I thought she stayed near me. I didn't realize she went with him. I didn't let her go with him like people think. He was creepy, so I wouldn't have let her go, I just didn't realize she was gone."

Director Mike Williams of the JSO's Investigations and Homeland Security Division said Saturday that the amount of time between Cherish's disappearance and the time her mother called 911 for help was "not long."

http://www.fox30jax.com/content/top...Highlands-Baptist/oT9WC_Sw0kG2fhwfCYpblQ.cspx

F word!

I frequent Belgium/Netherlands, I was lost out in Flanders Fields once when a bus left me in the middle of farms. I accepted a ride from an elderly man. I would never do this in the U.S. Not that it never happens in Europe it is not as common. I became friends with him and his family and visit them every year.

Well lets see!
The wanted food was going to McD's asked if anyone wanted anything,
Charish hollered out Cheeseburger, Mom thought cherish was there with her.
After they didn't return Id say maybe 10 mins she went looking for them.
Went to the McD's then probably walked the aisles up and down looking for her....
Id think she wuld then go to customer service and they would page the child and walk the aisles looking for her,

I can see a 40 min delay in contacting LE.

Im not saying that's how it happened but how it could have happened,
W-mart has cameras and im sure its all on video,

I can see that happening.

I once lost my 9 yo dd at a cross country meet she was running in. It was a huge event (regional championships) and extremely crowded.... I'm talking probably at least 500 people. After her race I couldn't find her anywhere, not the team tent, not at the finish line, nowhere. None of our team members or family members had seen her either. I was panicking like crazy and kept telling the officials that I couldn't find my dd and they just looked at me like I was nuts and didn't seem too concerned. It was like pulling teeth to get them to announce her name over the loudspeaker to meet me at the finish line. After 5 min. of that she still was no sign of her. They still acted like it was no big deal. My dd was missing for more than 20 min. by this point and I thought I was going to die (especially after so many of our team mates were coming up b/c they heard her name called and was wondering what was up and NOBODY had seen her).

We finally found her... she got mistakenly pulled to the awards area with the top 20 runners that was far away from the finish line and had been there the whole time waiting for an award. Was the longest 20 min. of my life.

Are we sure she's from Australia? I know she says she is on her FB page, but anyone can claim to be anywhere. IDK...I feel like the reporter would've heard her accent when he was interviewing her, and asked her about it, or noted it in the article. But I don't know why it matters if she is from Australia, unless they are born without the common sense gene?

Transcribed copy of what police report says via MSM: ( including typos) Video at link:
BBM:

AT 7:30 FRIDAY NIGHT, WAYNE PERIWINKLE MET DONALD SMITH AND AT 9:00 P.M. THE GROUP ARRIVED AT WALMART TO SHOP FOR CLOTHES. AFTER ABOUT 90 MINUTES, SMITH SAYS THAT HE WANTS TO GO GET SOMETHING TO EAT AT THE McDONALD'S INSIDE THE STORE AND OFFERS TO TAKE CHERISH WITH HUM. AT 10:41, LESS THAN THREE HOURS AFTER THEIR MEETING, SMITH WAS SEEN LEAVING THE STORE WITH THE LITTLE GIRL AND GETTING INTO A WHITE VAN. AT 11:18, WAYNE PERIWINKLELE CALLED 911 TO REPORT HER DAUGHTER MISSING AND OFFICERS RESPONDED TO THE SCENE AND TO BE ON THE LOOKOUT ISSUED FOR SMITH'S VAN.

AT 12:29 THIS MORNING, THE JACKSONVILLE SHERIFF'S OFFICE ALERTS THE MEDIA TO AN INCIDENT AT THAT WALMART BUT THERE'S NEVER ANY MENTION OF A CHILD ABDUCTION.

AT 1:45, A SECOND ALERT IS GIVEN TO THE MEDIA BUT AGAIN THERE IS NO MENTION OF ANY CHILD ABDUCTION.

AT 4:40, A THIRD ALERT IS ISSUED AND THE MEDIA IS TOLD ABOUT THE KIDNAPPING. 5:28 A.M., ...."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Invest...inkle/-/475880/20677552/-/4xgvtx/-/index.html

Transcribed copy of what police report says via MSM: ( including typos) Video at link:
BBM:

AT 7:30 FRIDAY NIGHT, WAYNE PERIWINKLE MET DONALD SMITH AND AT 9:00 P.M. THE GROUP ARRIVED AT WALMART TO SHOP FOR CLOTHES. AFTER ABOUT 90 MINUTES, SMITH SAYS THAT HE WANTS TO GO GET SOMETHING TO EAT AT THE McDONALD'S INSIDE THE STORE AND OFFERS TO TAKE CHERISH WITH HUM. AT 10:41, LESS THAN THREE HOURS AFTER THEIR MEETING, SMITH WAS SEEN LEAVING THE STORE WITH THE LITTLE GIRL AND GETTING INTO A WHITE VAN. AT 11:18, WAYNE PERIWINKLELE CALLED 911 TO REPORT HER DAUGHTER MISSING AND OFFICERS RESPONDED TO THE SCENE AND TO BE ON THE LOOKOUT ISSUED FOR SMITH'S VAN.

AT 12:29 THIS MORNING, THE JACKSONVILLE SHERIFF'S OFFICE ALERTS THE MEDIA TO AN INCIDENT AT THAT WALMART BUT THERE'S NEVER ANY MENTION OF A CHILD ABDUCTION.

AT 1:45, A SECOND ALERT IS GIVEN TO THE MEDIA BUT AGAIN THERE IS NO MENTION OF ANY CHILD ABDUCTION.

AT 4:40, A THIRD ALERT IS ISSUED AND THE MEDIA IS TOLD ABOUT THE KIDNAPPING. 5:28 A.M., ...."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Invest...inkle/-/475880/20677552/-/4xgvtx/-/index.html

Smith left Wal-Mart at 10:40.
Mom called 911 at 11:18.
That's about 40 minutes right there. It's night time. There's no way Mom thought the line for McDonald's would take that long. Why did she wait so long to call? This also shows that Smith did not take off with Cherish when her mom wasn't looking. She knew the two of them were gone, and was fine with it, until about 40 minutes later.

I am really starting to think she sold Cherish to Smith, and he promised to bring her back. Then when they didn't return, she panicked and called 911.

Smith left Wal-Mart at 10:40.
Mom called 911 at 11:18.
That's about 40 minutes right there. It's night time. There's no way Mom thought the line for McDonald's would take that long. Why did she wait so long to call? This also shows that Smith did not take off with Cherish when her mom wasn't looking. She knew the two of them were gone, and was fine with it, until about 40 minutes later.

I am really starting to think she sold Cherish to Smith, and he promised to bring her back. Then when they didn't return, she panicked and called 911.

You can see the McDonalds in the front of the store when you walk in either set of front doors - which closes at 10. A metal security fence wall is drawn over the entrance when it is closed. You can see the McDonalds from much of the store. It is common knowledge that McD's closes at 10. According to above report- it was 10:30- 10:40 when he offered to take her with him to that long closed McDonalds.

Way of topic here......One evening my DH and I were driving through In-N-Out burger to get a couple of hamburgers, and when we got to the window to pay the cashier told us the woman in the car ahead of us had paid for our too. We were shocked! We thought for a minute and told the cashier we would pay for the car behind us. I have to admit, we left with warm fuzzy feelings. It was really nice.

I've had the same experience at a Starbucks and chose to do the same thing you did. And it's times like this that I feel so happy and full of hope. My sons and I have also handed out food to people on corners. We never give money. (When I was younger and living in Boston, I gave money to someone who went and bought wine, and he was later killed for his bottle of wine. I know because when I went into work as a nurse, we would pass panhandlers on our way into the ER. The man came in horribly injured to the ER and as the story unfolded, my friends and I felt horribly guilty). Or if we see a homeless person outside of an eatery, ie: Subway, we always invite them in and purchase a meal of their choice. BUT, I have never let anyone get into my car, especially while the boys were with me, and never got into another vehicle. There are just boundaries you never cross. Sadly, we can not trust others...

You can see the McDonalds in the front of the store when you walk in either set of front doors - which closes at 10. A metal security fence wall is drawn over the entrance when it is closed. It is common knowledge that McD's closes at 10.

So...so she thought he was taking Cherish to another McDonald's?! She allowed a complete stranger to drive her daughter somewhere. This story just keeps getting more hinky.

And another one, this link has a quote from Cherish's father. :(
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=317595

Oh my word....So sad. He tried to protect his little girl, but it sounds like the court was against him.

This is what he said -

"To everyone I am trying to stay politically correct and not express my true feelings of how our great system caused this. I spent many years in the court presenting issues and being ignored and told I was trying to hurt the mother. Now the truth of the great mother is out. It was at the cost of my child's life. RIP young lady. my nick name for her. My wife has tried to keep me off and not comment but the pain is too great and to know this could have been avoided. I gave the legal system all the signs for over many years." [sic]

she went off with him so easily... makes me wonder if she wasn't used to leaving with moms friends... I'm trying to not judge mom, but its getting harder...

So...so she thought he was taking Cherish to another McDonald's?! She allowed a complete stranger to drive her daughter somewhere. This story just keeps getting more hinky.

Yes, thank you for revising your post and yes, I agree that there is a very hinky element going on.
There's a lot I'd like to say about this case, but I shall refrain......('cause it ain't perty and it ain't nice).

smh

This is a cell phone video of this Wal-mart during a flash mob last year. You can see McDonalds .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHUB8HVKUJc

ETA: This is one of the few Wal-Marts I shop at that does NOT have self check-out- and has employees at the entrances this late. In fact- they usually have security guards milling around the doors too. The right side of the store is groceries.

BBM:

I find it more plausible that the mom knew Cherish went with him. I just don't see a child following him to McDonald's with out the mom's permission. Also, he knew what he was doing and wasn't going to just take a chance that Cherish would possibly follow him. He had control of the situation and what was happening and wouldn't take a chance on her maybe not following him to McDonald's. I think the mom may be trying to save face. JMO

ETA: if the mom didn't know the child was going with him to get food the chances of her finding out that Cherish was missing would be much sooner. He would have more time if the mom thought he was taking Cherish to McDonald's for food, hence why I think the mom knew Cherish went with him.

I have never heard she thought he was taking her to a McDonalds outside of the store. Are you sure about that?

Lord, I hope not...

Oh my word....So sad. He tried to protect his little girl, but it sounds like the court was against him.

This is what he said -

"To everyone I am trying to stay politically correct and not express my true feelings of how our great system caused this. I spent many years in the court presenting issues and being ignored and told I was trying to hurt the mother. Now the truth of the great mother is out. It was at the cost of my child's life. RIP young lady. my nick name for her. My wife has tried to keep me off and not comment but the pain is too great and to know this could have been avoided. I gave the legal system all the signs for over many years." [sic]

His newest FB post pertains to Cherish also.

she went off with him so easily... makes me wonder if she wasn't used to leaving with moms friends... I'm trying to not judge mom, but its getting harder...

I am wondering if Cherish was the only person who really thought they were going to McDonald's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member