GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cherish's death was so preventable. Sometimes, the kids are alone or in groups and get taken in by stories of puppies or ice cream and no one can prevent that from happening (if they are unattended, that is.) But children need to be safe when they are WITH a parent. Sad to say, but adults need to think the worst, whenever a stranger shows interest in your child.

Someone earlier posted the mom is in her 40's? I haven't seen her age released anywhere. If so, though, that is more disturbing. You would just assume somebody with such horrible decision making skills would be in their early 20's (overwhelmed with 3 little kids, got pregnant as a teen, etc.). But, 40's. Seriously you know what goes in in the world by that age.

I don't buy her naivety, innocence. This is full on neglect, at minimum. She threw her child to the lion and didn't look back.

Someone earlier posted the mom is in her 40's? I haven't seen her age released anywhere. If so, though, that is more disturbing. You would just assume somebody with such horrible decision making skills would be in their early 20's (overwhelmed with 3 little kids, got pregnant as a teen, etc.). But, 40's. Seriously you know what goes in in the world by that age.

I don't buy her naivety, innocence. This is full on neglect, at minimum. She threw her child to the lion and didn't look back.

Definitions from Florida Statutes Chapter 39

(b) "Child abuse" means abandonment, abuse, harm, mental injury, neglect, physical injury, or
sexual abuse of a child as those terms are defined in s. 39.01, 827.04, and 984.03.

Leaving a child without adult supervision or arrangement appropriate for the child's age or
mental or physical condition, so that the child is unable to care for the child's own needs or
another's basic needs or is unable to exercise good judgment in responding to any kind of
physical or emotional crisis.

http://qol.nova.edu/pdf/DefinitionsfromFloridaStatutesChapter39.pdf

Florida defines inadequate supervision as leaving a child alone who is too young to take care of herself or is unprepared for emergencies. It may also entail leaving a child alone or unsupervised when a safety threat is present or leaving a child alone in an unsafe environment.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/facts_7811704_florida-laws-leaving-child-alone.html#ixzz2X5NPR81u

Just spotted this on uk news... poor poor child..
This is why these people should never be allowed to be free to walk the streets. This animals urge was so strong he did it knowing he would be recognised and caught. Truth is your probably more likely to be raped and murdered than u are to be offered a free $100 voucher from a stranger !!!

Keep them locked up they do NOT reform into human beings !!

This is such a disturbing case. As information is trickling out I just keep shaking my head. A lot of this is not making sense. I am trying very hard to keep an open mind. May Charish RIP! Justice is needed for this precious child.

i had a baby at 16. the only way anyone would walk off with any of my kids would be over my dead body. even at 16.

when one becomes a mom, age shouldn't matter. protecting your cubs comes before anything.

What I don't get is why get into his van? Did she not drive herself & the kids to the Dollar General? Didn't someone post that the stores were 13-15 miles from their home?

@AshHardingNews: Cherish's family sits in the front row here at the candlelight vigil. So much love felt here tonight. @wjxt4 http://t.co/PdpGsm1C6T

What I don't get is why get into his van? Did she not drive herself & the kids to the Dollar General? Didn't someone post that the stores were 13-15 miles from their home?

Yes, this is what I want to know. If she met him in the dollar store, it's on the west side of town how did she get to the dollar store? Then he drove her to the Walmart on the north side of town.?

And yes they are about a15 miles in between. Just odd to me.

The other 2 children in the home with Charish Mom , are those the BF ' s children?

Or are they Moms kids? I'm confused about that.

If they are the BF kids, wonder where that Mom is?

The other 2 children in the home with Charish Mom , are those the BF ' s children?

Or are they Moms kids? I'm confused about that.

If they are the BF kids, wonder where that Mom is?

I do not remember where I saw it, but I read the BF is the father of the two surviving little ones. I don't know if that's a fact, but I haven't read otherwise.

@AshHardingNews: Cherish's family sits in the front row here at the candlelight vigil. So much love felt here tonight. @wjxt4 http://t.co/PdpGsm1C6T

Is Rayne Perrywinkle from Australia?

I only found one on Facebook (2 profiles but same person) but it says she is from Australia (pretty certain it's her since she resembles the mom in this twitter picture).

Maybe people are more trusting in Australia? I know we have a lot of Australians on this board, so I'm curious to see their thoughts (if this is the same person).

Sad that my first post has to be about another child murdered, but glad there is great people who care.
Many times while shopping I will see unattended children running around and I will look for a parent or caregiver and when or if I see one, I want to say to them," Please keep your children close there could be bad people around ". But that can cause someone to be ugly or violent about being told how to be a parent or getting into their business. Not to stereotype but they seem to be younger women who are the primary caregivers to multiple children with one infant or toddler and many distractions trying to do the grocery shopping or other errands while exhausted or burt out. The last thing they want is a stranger coming up to them and insinuate they are a bad parent.This goes on all day and every day in the U.S.,too many opprotunity's for a criminal to shop for a victim.

Yes, this is what I want to know. If she met him in the dollar store, it's on the west side of town how did she get to the dollar store? Then he drove her to the Walmart on the north side of town.?

And yes they are about a15 miles in between. Just odd to me.
Her home is about a mile from the Dollar General Store where he met her (Lakeshore/Edgewood area) and the Wal-Mart is northeast from there.

Is Rayne Perrywinkle from Australia?

I only found one on Facebook (2 profiles but same person) but it says she is from Australia (pretty certain it's her since she resembles the mom in this twitter picture).

Maybe people are more trusting in Australia? I know we have a lot of Australians on this board, so I'm curious to see their thoughts (if this is the same person).

I saw that too and wondered the same thing, to be honest. I couldn't find more corroborating info either way, however.

The people I know in Australia are VERY trusting.
One allowed her 7 year old daughter to go "camping" alone with a strange man overnight.
But I only know a few people from Australia... so it's not a real scientific study. :seeya:

Some people are simply more relaxed and trusting than others.
In my area... "something like this would never happen"... even though it has.
I've seen kids accept rides with strangers, walk off in the store with strangers... just like this scenario.
We have had a few kids 4-8 years old raped in the store bathroom, because they walked off with a stranger.

It is entirely possible that she is just that naive. I've seen it and it infuriates me.

When I mention it as an issue I get the same reasoning as when I bring up nobody using car seats!
"If God wants my child to be taken, they will be taken no matter what I do." :stormingmad:

I have never had a babysitter for my kids... who were born when I was 18 and 19.
However, my family members have children who show NO preference for who is taking care of them.

I babysat an almost 2 year old boy the other day who called me Mom.
He spends SO much time being passed from person to person... he really has no preference.

When his Mom and I were both there and he got hurt, he ran to me. It was so sad. :(
He would go with ANYONE who walked up and took his hand. He has NO stranger fear at all.

It's truly a miracle we don't have more abductions here. I constantly see opportunities. :banghead:

Hopefully, they will have plenty of footage. My grandmother was mugged from behind at Walmart. It was not recorded on security footage. The store told her they (Walmart, as a corporation) have more cameras outside, then inside. Apparently, they have whole departments, which have no cameras. Mostly, the cameras are focused on aisles...aside from electronics. That was about 2 years ago. Hopefully, that has changed. I do hope they caught every single movement on camera.
From my experience losing at purse at/outside of a Wal-Mart (my fault, not a criminal act), their cameras are great at the check-out areas and up/down the entrance/exit corridors (which is where their dining areas usually are) as well as outside. To get from the clothing areas to the McDonald's, they'd surely have been seen well by at least one ailse camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member