GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The later it got the less likely that anyone's going to show up with a gift card.

Right. And then he left to go to McDonalds when he's supposed to be waiting for the wife and gift card when the store is almost closing?

File under "this does not compute":

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topst...483/Pearson-Smith-appeared-to-be-a-family-man

"Actually she was very uncomfortable, she admitted. And when they got to Walmart Rayne was busy looking at clothes and stuff. I guess this Donald guy said something to Cherish behind Rayne's back about going to McDonalds," said Pearson.

Pearson said Perrywinkle never allowed Cherish to go with Smith, but it was too late when she noticed Cherish was gone. He said she looked around the store for 20 minutes before realizing Cherish had been taken.

"She didn't realize they left the store. She walked around the store looking for Cherish, asking the employees, 'have you seen a little girl?'" added Pearson.

According to Pearson Rayne went to the McDonalds and security and asked employees if they and seen Cherish.

"Finally she went to one of the employees and said I think my daughter has been taken, and that's when they called 9-1-1," Pearson said.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...tigation-delay-notifying-public#ixzz2XGpWrUzB

Rayne Perrywinkle called the Sheriff’s Office about 11 p.m. Friday saying her daughter had gone to a McDonald’s with a man named Don a half-hour earlier and not returned. About 12:30 a.m. Saturday police sent out alerts to news outlets that they were investigating a homicide on Lem Turner Drive.

She either knew Cherish went with the perp "to McDonald's" or she did not. Which is it? Can't be both ways.

I'm not sure I understand why Rayne and Ahron keep speaking to the media. Are they trying to do damage control? Clearly she was negligent which lead to her daughter's death, why not just keep quiet and grieve this horrible tragedy? It seems like every interview done by either one of them only makes them look worse.

Damage control began either day her daughters body was found or the next morning by her mom.The worse nightmare happened and that was a concern,who gives a fig about what people think .That speaks volumes !IMO

That was the father's statement through the lawyer. I actually find his words pretty restrained, given what happened to his daughter, and the fact that the mother was so negligent.

Hey non of the dollar stores here in Jax carries "name brand" clothes. I'd be shopping there if they did. Lol

I still have a really big hinkey meter going off with this story. Still wondering if LE is waiting for after the burial before they do anything. Neglect or endangerment. Talked with different people over past few days about this and so many people say the same thing. WTH was this woman thinking?

20 minutes is a HUGE chunk of time... to be doing anything, but looking for your daughter? That is an inordinant amount of time. I don't go to WM ever, but I know they are large stores. But 20 freaking minutes? Think of all the things you can do in 20 minutes. Ridiculous. I am not victim bashing at all - if fact, I kinda defended the mom early on when she was being piled on, but TWENTY MINUTES????

jmo but it doesn't take 20 minutes to frantically search a damn store. Ugh.

I just cringe and feel so sad for the little innocent girl.....

head lice, a bedroom that looked disgraceful, hearing the stories about the bio dad and the history of the bf, and the "mom".....ugh! :banghead:

r.i.p. little angel

Damage control began either day her daughters body was found or the next morning by her mom.The worse nightmare happened and that was a concern,who gives a fig about what people think .That speaks volumes !IMO

Absolutely. I cannot imagine if I was in her position doing interviews or even being concerned about what people thought of me would be the least of my problems. Since she chose to do an interview, why was not all about the beautiful daughter she had lost? Why not admit your huge mistake and remind other parents to never trust anyone or let your kids out of your sight? Why were most of the pics released appear to be provided by the father? Her interview offers a completely different version to the police report. Was the mother unaware that police reports and 911 calls can be made public?

According to the boyfriend:

""When Rayne was at the dollar store she was a little short on the money she needed for the dresses and [Smith] noticed that and said 'you know my wife has this extra gift certificate she doesn't need', you know, we're just going to give it to you," said Pearson

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topst...483/Pearson-Smith-appeared-to-be-a-family-man

ETA: He also states in the same article that "It was a normal Friday night and Aharon Pearson said Rayne Perrywinkle and Cherish were doing what they always do, shopping at dollar stores. The night started at the Dollar General on Edgewood Avenue."

BBM - Why on earth would you take your 8yo out shopping late every Friday night? Had the perp seen them there before? Maybe made a little convo and then walked away, building up their trust? Or maybe he saw them there the other week and didnt have time to formulate a plan. I think it's unusual enough to keep an 8yo out late shopping, but even more so with a 4 and 5yo.

I've been reading this thread without comment so far, and I keep wondering....what was the purpose of her trip to DG, and did she end up buying anything? If the purpose was a dress for Cherish, then one would think she would have brought and had enough money to pay for that item, no?

Been wondering the same thing.

Two adults looking for someone to ‘help them out’ but only one of them got what they wanted?

…he overheard her telling her daughter that she couldn't afford a dress the girl was asking for.
"He saw me putting things back because I couldn't afford them …

This is with no intention to discredit any victims .

If ( god forbid) anything was to happen to my children whilst in MY care .. it would be and i would hold my hands straight up and say i made a huge error of judgement as a mother

There are ppl ( usually immigrants) in the uk who use there children for money ( mostly begging with children on the tubes) some even borrow children for the day and can actually earn a good wage..

I would like to know if this is the first time mom has been offered help from a stranger...

Read as u will....

Why's no-one talking about the pedo?

I just figure, he's a little bit to blame for Cherish's death too, y'know?

I find it very hard to believe that the 'attempted' kidnapping and stalkerish behaviour he was actually caught for in the past were his only crimes.

This guy was very well experienced in abduction.. and bold, with it. Looking at the scams he pulled to get kids to himself.. Maybe there's other victims in the area, or areas where he's lived and travelled. In fact, I'd bet on it.

And since he has no problem killing a child, maybe there's some missing kids in his wake that have never been found, or no-one was ever caught for the crime.

I just cannot and do not believe there aren't other rape or even homicide victims of his out there, somewhere.

I'm thinking something different happen here. I am thinking moms story is not adding up. I can't get over leaving the DG store going to go to the Walmart 20 minute drive around 7:30 ish shopping at Walmart for approx 3 hours?

Wait-Rayne dyed her hair the day after the incident and doesn't want her face shown on camera during interviews?????

Why's no-one talking about the pedo?

I just figure, he's a little bit to blame for Cherish's death too, y'know?

I find it very hard to believe that the 'attempted' kidnapping and stalkerish behaviour he was actually caught for in the past were his only crimes.

This guy was very well experienced in abduction.. and bold, with it. Looking at the scams he pulled to get kids to himself.. Maybe there's other victims in the area, or areas where he's lived and travelled. In fact, I'd bet on it.

And since he has no problem killing a child, maybe there's some missing kids in his wake that have never been found, or no-one was ever caught for the crime.

I just cannot and do not believe there aren't other rape or even homicide victims of his out there, somewhere.

I don't think that anyone would disagree with you Ausgirl. He is a sick, murdering creep that shouldn't have been walking the streets any more. There are too many of them.

The mother is a bit more of an anomaly. Someone we can't quite figure out.

Absolutely. I cannot imagine if I was in her position doing interviews or even being concerned about what people thought of me would be the least of my problems. Since she chose to do an interview, why was not all about the beautiful daughter she had lost? Why not admit your huge mistake and remind other parents to never trust anyone or let your kids out of your sight? Why were most of the pics released appear to be provided by the father? Her interview offers a completely different version to the police report. Was the mother unaware that police reports and 911 calls can be made public?

EXACTLY! as far as the 911 and the police report she should know but in CYA mode and hoping with the situation it somehow blows out the fire but each time the flames just get higher.

Good point, SouthAussie. She is a bit of a puzzle. By that, I mean: idiot.

imo, bad parenting has nothing to do with income, whether you take your kit off for a living, whether your kids get head lice (I'd be in prison, if that was the case, why don't schools make ALL the kids get treatment at the same time?.. oops, rant for another thread...) or whether your kids have messy rooms. Or hey, what colour your hair is.

Bad parenting for me comes down to one thing: is the parent putting the child's needs, health and welfare to the fore of their attention or not?

In this case: clearly, no.

One thing I do find very curious (read: suspicious) is the sheer amount of time spent tooling around these stores - hour upon hour, and with little kids in tow, late at night?

This is the one thing that isn't making any sense to me, and which makes me wonder whether Don the Pedo had promised to score some drugs or something - the gift card thing just doesn't gel. Not with all those dress-less hours wandering about with nothing to show for it but a missing child.

File under "this does not compute":

"Actually she was very uncomfortable, she admitted. And when they got to Walmart Rayne was busy looking at clothes and stuff. I guess this Donald guy said something to Cherish behind Rayne's back about going to McDonalds," said Pearson.

Pearson said Perrywinkle never allowed Cherish to go with Smith, but it was too late when she noticed Cherish was gone. He said she looked around the store for 20 minutes before realizing Cherish had been taken.

"She didn't realize they left the store. She walked around the store looking for Cherish, asking the employees, 'have you seen a little girl?'" added Pearson.

According to Pearson Rayne went to the McDonalds and security and asked employees if they and seen Cherish.

"Finally she went to one of the employees and said I think my daughter has been taken, and that's when they called 9-1-1," Pearson said.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...tigation-delay-notifying-public#ixzz2XGpWrUzB

Rayne Perrywinkle called the Sheriff’s Office about 11 p.m. Friday saying her daughter had gone to a McDonald’s with a man named Don a half-hour earlier and not returned. About 12:30 a.m. Saturday police sent out alerts to news outlets that they were investigating a homicide on Lem Turner Drive.

She either knew Cherish went with the perp "to McDonald's" or she did not. Which is it? Can't be both ways.

It has been reported...mom remembers lil Cherish's last word 'cheeseburger'. She knew.

The most amazing thing to me...is that all this went down the night before summer visitation with Dad. 'Why' is a big word. But, I wonder it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allewine