GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a stunning case because mom just happily let her daughter go with a stranger. I can't even wrap my mind around that. I'm not trying to bash the mom but it blows my mind that she names a child "Charish" and yet fails to cherish the child enough to protect her. Simple common sense was all that was needed to prevent this. That poor baby, what she must have gone thru, knowing that her mom had handed her over so easily.

I honestly can't say more because I will go off on a tangent.

:banghead:IMO, all parents should be required to attend "Stranger Danger" training right along side of the children.

I am glad that Florida still has the Death Penalty. I hear it calling his name. :jail:

What a beautiful name!

Charish Perrywinkle! Like a fairy tale name!

RIP Miss. Perrywinkle!

The part that makes no sense to me that the family must live somewhere near Chaffee Trail Elementary, where Charish went to school (http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...-year-old-Charish/UvEhBQgQhU-ITAqFu8RbRQ.cspx). So what the heck was mom and 3 kids doing at a Dollar General store at 1610 Edgewood Avenue 18 miles away when there are multiple Dollar General stores (and other Dollar stores) much closer to where she must live. Chaffee Trail area is suburban (not too far removed from rural), and that part of Edgewood is inner city, high crime. It's also again still 15+ miles from his home, and the Chaffee area is even farther from his home. This seems odd for both victim and perp to meet so far away from what would be considered their "home" communities within Jax. I sense we haven't heard the full story yet.

I am glad that Florida still has the Death Penalty. I hear it calling his name. :jail:

If we got rid of 800,000 sex offenders a year ( 800,000 is number of ppl that go missing a year in the us) Maybe just maybe 700,000 would never go missing!

The part that makes no sense to me that the family must live somewhere near Chaffee Trail Elementary, where Charish went to school (http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...-year-old-Charish/UvEhBQgQhU-ITAqFu8RbRQ.cspx). So what the heck was mom and 3 kids doing at a Dollar General store at 1610 Edgewood Avenue 18 miles away when there are multiple Dollar General stores (and other Dollar stores) much closer to where she must live. Chaffee Trail area is suburban (not too far removed from rural), and that part of Edgewood is inner city, high crime. It's also again still 15+ miles from his home, and the Chaffee area is even farther from his home. This seems odd for both victim and perp to meet so far away from what would be considered their "home" communities within Jax. I sense we haven't heard the full story yet.
Considering the report that Smith drove them to Walmart they must have lived close to the Dollar Store, or else how did they go to the Dollar Store in the first place? Did the mother have a car?

According to the 3 PM presser, he had offered to buy the mother clothes at Wal-Mart. Trying on clothes or something like that makes sense.

Agreed it was said he befriended this family and took them to Wal-Mart!

This is what really ticks me off...The Amber Alert was brought into effect because of Amber Hagerman. The reason was to immediately notify all in the area to look for the abductor, their vehicle and the missing child. NOT, all this red tape and 6 hours later. I apologize for the rant, but lived in the county that Amber was from and watched as the Amber Alert came into effect. How sad that it isn't able to be used as it was intended.

Considering the report that Smith drove them to Walmart they must have lived close to the Dollar Store, or else how did they go to the Dollar Store in the first place?

That's what I'm saying. The daughter went to elementary school many miles away from the Dollar Store he "befriended" them at! I just checked Dollar Store's web site, and there are at least ten Dollar Stores closer to the school she went to. Normally kids here in Jax go to neighborhood schools until after elementary school, unless they're in some special program. So I'd expect her to live near that school, not to live near a Dollar store 17-18 miles away on the other side of town.

That's what I'm saying. The daughter went to elementary school many miles away from the Dollar Store he "befriended" them at! I just checked Dollar Store's web site, and there are at least ten Dollar Stores closer to the school she went to. Normally kids here in Jax go to neighborhood schools until after elementary school, unless they're in some special program. So I'd expect her to live near that school, not to live near a Dollar store 17-18 miles away on the other side of town.

Didn't he say Dollar General?

No no no NO! I'm so angry right now. How was this given the freedom to commit this horrible crime?! He should have been locked away for life. I agree with others, once someone has committed a crime against a child they should be locked up for life, no negotiation. It's not worth risking even ONE innocent life, as this case has so cruelly demonstrated.

My heart breaks for the poor mother. This man looks like a kindly old gentleman, I can understand why she would have trusted him with her child, even though I wouldn't do it myself (I've learnt far too much from being a member here, if only everyone were aware of the horrible people that walk among us). It just goes to show that you really can't trust anyone these days, looks can be very deceiving.

Little Charish, you were taken far too soon. Justice WILL be served, but nothing will ever make up for this terrible loss. My thoughts are with your friends and family, I pray that you didn't suffer. :( :candle:

RIP, Charish! May justice be swift and punishment be harsh.

Didn't he say Dollar General?

He did and My bad, I meant to say Dollar General thorough my post. Here's the Dollar General store map I refer to:
http://www.dollargeneral.com/storeL...wNjRP72pGvmnFHWPPQng9TvDGkc1qxmJH!-1283814008

Here's a Googlemaps view of the route from her elementary school (I know they didn't drive from there, it's just likely to be near where they live) to the Dollar General he picked the family up at, for perspective on the distances there:
1610 Edgewood Ave W, Jacksonville, FL 32208 to Chaffee Trail Elementary School - Google Maps

Questioning is over. He invoked.

He offered to buy Charish clothes because family is down on their luck? Didn't quite catch that part.

I noticed the surveillance photo shows him in the little girls clothing section at Walmart.

How different things could have been! That father must be beside himself. Horrible.

Actionnewsjax.com reported the child's father's been attempting to get custody from the mother for some time and was supposed to pick up Charish today for the summer.

This reminds me of little Aliahna Lemmon's case. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member