GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a request for ya'll who have a subscription: Would one (or all) of you do a screen shot of the article, complete with the date and time? I don't mean a screen shot to share on the board...just a screen shot so we have this version of the story before they start updating over it. Because as we've all come to realize, the story(ies) surrounding this case change often and rapidly. Thanks so much!

I have a request for ya'll who have a subscription: Would one (or all) of you do a screen shot of the article, complete with the date and time? I don't mean a screen shot to share on the board...just a screen shot so we have this version of the story before they start updating over it. Because as we've all come to realize, the story(ies) surrounding this case change often and rapidly. Thanks so much!
Good suggestion. I've saved a dated printout as a PDF file; screenshots were awkward given the article length (mostly due to numerous one-sentence paragraphs).

Please do not copy and paste fee paid articles. You can relate it in your own words, but no direct quotes.

:tyou:

I can see the entire article and I'm not a member. It says nothing for me about needing to be a member, fees, etc. The only notaion, is the editors note about spending time with her, everything coming from poice interviews, interviews, and observations.

Part of that article that is members only says--I'm paraphrasing here and none of these are facts per se.... only what the RP told the reporter:

Rayne and infant Cherish were homeless.
They stayed at the Salvation army.
When Cherish was one month old, Billy came to the shelter.
RP says that the visit is documented by a female worker.
Also says the female worker told her he would return.
He didn't.
2 years later, RP tried to get child support.
BJ says he never knew about Cherish.
2 months later, DNA test done.
Evaluator recommended BJ to get custody.
Judge Linda McCallum gave custody instead to RP
Judge Linda McCallum sent a letter to RP after Cherish's death
Note says - I know you did all you could and there you were an excellent mom.

That article also says RP and the kids walked to the DG that night. I know we've been wondering about that....

Obviously the judge hasn't read all the articles and she is making herself feel better for her choice.

I can see the entire article and I'm not a member. It says nothing for me about needing to be a member, fees, etc. The only notaion, is the editors note about spending time with her, everything coming from poice interviews, interviews, and observations.

Weird. I can't read it.

ETA: I've clicked and re-clicked...and...nuthun. Oh well.

Re the wording of the article as it pertains to the Salvation Army. As related, it says BJ came to the shelter and that he said he would be back. However, it does not seem to address whether he knew RP was there, whether he knew about Charish, etc. And yet I get the feeling that someone was trying to imply that he abandoned RP and his child there. I just thought it was important to point out that the article does not specify that he was made aware that there was a child. If the article addresses this elsewhere, would someone verify that?

To me it sounds like the father knew she had a child, just didn't know whose child it was until DNA test was done. Considering he had a one night stand with an exotic dancer, it's probably not surprising if he didn't exactly believe right of the start this was his biological child.

So much for she didn't even notice that Cherish went with him.

I've no subscription and I can't see anything in the article besides this

Is this a bit odd to anyone else? How many grieving families have a reporter haunting them each day?

i cant see anything, either, other than that comment. ita, i think I'd hurt a reporter!

IF that is true... what judge sends a note? sounds fishy to me...

No idea, and I have never heard of such a thing. She also prob thought the mother would feel better after reading it. Had she seen how this mother's life is now being led by the media, she surely expected her to be proud of that letter and show it off.

Question for the locals:

Is that stretch between RP's home and DG well lit? Are there sidewalks? Would they have to walk out in the road? How long does it stay light out in Jax these days?

Okay, that's questions. Sorry! TIA :)

RP has no car and no license.

It also says they had a 240 dollar electric bill that was paid by a "Department of Children and Families man who wanted to check on her daughters and who wanted to pay her $240 electric bill."
No AC and no stove but has a 240.00 electric bill?

Weird. I can't read it.

ETA: I've clicked and re-clicked...and...nuthun. Oh well.

Re the wording of the article as it pertains to the Salvation Army. As related, it says BJ came to the shelter and that he said he would be back. However, it does not seem to address whether he knew RP was there, whether he knew about Charish, etc. And yet I get the feeling that someone was trying to imply that he abandoned RP and his child there. I just thought it was important to point out that the article does not specify that he was made aware that there was a child. If the article addresses this elsewhere, would someone verify that?

See if you can read from this link
http://members.jacksonville.com/new...k-after-8-year-old-cherish-perrywinkles-death

No money but the house had "more than a half-dozen cats" how did they feed those cats?
And you have this "Destiny searched the couches for loose change and found about $3 in quarters, nickels and a dollar bill." are you kidding me?
If Destiny knew to look for change why oh why didn't she on Friday maybe she could have bought that damn dress!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV