Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
here is another....
http://www.news4jax.com/news/cheris...ystem/-/475880/20768708/-/6od70i/-/index.html

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
When a fellow shopper at a dollar store offered to take Rayne Perrywinkle and her three children to Walmart to buy them McDonald's and buy a dress for her 8-year-old daughter, she graciously accepted.

except this article mixes up many different versions of what went on, etc. The police report states ( and so does the earlier articles ) he offered to buy the mother a dress- NOT Cherish

The comments on that article- one in particular has my blood boiling. The last child victim of Donald Smith has already discussed how guilty she feels (through her mother's interview.) HOW DARE this person blame her like that???? If my child was a victim, I would absolutely leave the choice up to them if they wanted to testify or not.

I saw it earlier and almost picked up my lap top and tossed it I was so mad :stormingmad:

I wish the news site would remove that comment! It's absolutely horrible!

I would assume ( imo) that if such treatment is either court or CPS/DFACS ordered, the clinic would follow their guidelines?

I'm really not sure. When she was court ordered to rehab or other drug treatments, she had to abide by the facility's or clinic's guideline. What you ask would probably depend widely by state, or case. I have no real knowledge about all that, though.

I saw it earlier and almost picked up my lap top and tossed it I was so mad :stormingmad:

I wish the news site would remove that comment! It's absolutely horrible!

WSers need Tigger computers: Yannow, ones that are bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy (and boomerangy).

When I was reading the Incident Report about DS's arrest they were describing his clothing as the same he had on in the surveillance footage, wet, and dirty, and then the line immediately following is redacted. I imagine it has something to do with his appearance, and obviously it's something sensitive that they didn't want released to the public, and it's making me think there was something visible on him that tied him to a homicide.

The comments on that article- one in particular has my blood boiling. The last child victim of Donald Smith has already discussed how guilty she feels (through her mother's interview.) HOW DARE this person blame her like that???? If my child was a victim, I would absolutely leave the choice up to them if they wanted to testify or not.

I don't see anything inflammatory about that comment. It is what it is. He got very little time in jail for his previous crime. Her mother already said she feels guilty over that. It is understandable that mother didn't want her young child to testify, but it doesn't alter the reality of this situation. Case didn't go to trial and he got a sweet deal.

ohhhhmyyy. wow. i would be willing to bet that judgmental creep has never walked in her shoes. ugh. my son was a very brave victim and was willing to testify against his uncle. uncle tried to call my bluff... forgetting he picked my strongest willed child to mess with. he served four months for assault against a ten year old. grrr.

ohhhhmyyy. wow. i would be willing to bet that judgmental creep has never walked in her shoes. ugh. my son was a very brave victim and was willing to testify against his uncle. uncle tried to call my bluff... forgetting he picked my strongest willed child to mess with. he served four months for assault against a ten year old. grrr.

I am speechless :eek:

I am speechless :eek:

i still am. 10 yr old beats 35 yr old in a video game... when i picked him up two hours later he still had red, swollen marks on his neck where he was strangled... four months. only did that much due to his mile long record. sigh. grrr... dont get me going! they couldnt charge him with child abuse, as he was only visiting the home, and my ex took his brothers side and claims not to have witnessed it. ugh. :banghead: :puke:

Im suprised they havent found the stroller yet since its a pretty large item.

Changing subject.
My youngest daughter had her prom dress fitting today.. we had a rail of princess dresses in the changing room... could only think of cherish. :(

This is interesting:

http://members.jacksonville.com/new...k-after-8-year-old-cherish-perrywinkles-death

It says in the article that RP told the reporter that she sent Cherish with Smith and her last words to Cherish were 'bring me back a cheeseburger!' :tear:

So much for she didn't even notice that Cherish went with him.

I've no subscription and I can't see anything in the article besides this

Editor's Note: Times-Union reporter Andrew Pantazi spent time with Rayne Perrywinkle each day last week to chronicle how she was coping with the slaying of her 8-year-old daughter, Cherish.

Is this a bit odd to anyone else? How many grieving families have a reporter haunting them each day?

So much for she didn't even notice that Cherish went with him.

I've no subscription and I can't see anything in the article besides this

Is this a bit odd to anyone else? How many grieving families have a reporter haunting them each day?

Unfortunately I can't read it either and yes that is more than odd! Why on earth would you want a daily visit from a reporter during such a time? I am going to take a wild guess and say that the report probably paints the mother in a positive light and contains more excuses about what happened.:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abs2021