GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More information on Smith and his record. Makes my blood boil.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...-strangers-gather-funeral-cherish-perrywinkle

The first time the state could have indefinitely locked up the man charged with killing Cherish Perrywinkle, they let him out when he promised he’d get drug and psychosexual treatment.
The second time, they no longer deemed Donald James Smith a threat.
The third time, a plea bargain kept Smith out of state prison and made him ineligible to be deemed a “violent sexual predator.”
The chances to keep Smith in sex offender treatment started in 1999, with the most recent in 2012.
:banghead:

I have been popping in and out it seems I missed something.I thought she had just the 2 sisters and there is a brother? Her dads kids?

RP has an adult daughter, and BJ (father) has a son with his wife. I was glad to hear that side of the family recognized at the service.

Her father... her brother... her 3 sisters.... :stormingmad: :banghead:
Nah... they don't matter to the person in charge of this. :stormingmad: :furious:

caxf.jpg

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Thousa...rvice/-/475880/20750608/-/sx4qlv/-/index.html

To be fair, that's just one slide and there could have been others listing lots of other people who miss her. i probably wouldn't put younger siblings' names and the father's name on a baby picture if those people weren't around at the time she was a baby, i'd find a more recent photo, perhaps posing with the siblings and list them there (if i wanted the younger siblings names out at all in a publc gathering, to protect their privacy).

Not that it matters or anything just curious though..Does anyone know the age of AP? I believe I read RP is 45 but I don't remembering seeing his age..

From Duval County public record data, AP is 37.

oh my get a load of the dark hair mug shot...haven't seen that one before??
http://mugshots.com/Current-Events/Donald-James-Smith.4044247/details/

He looks like a *advertiser censored* star circa 1981.

This case makes me sick. Soooo many things went wrong all at the "right" time for this little one to lose her life.

Mom should be horribly ashamed of herself. I always try to give grieving parents the benefit of the doubt but not here. Had it not been for her lax parenting, Cherish would still be alive.

And as for Don, he should never have been let out of prison. Ever. He is creepy x 5,000.

This case is chock full 'o many 'unusual' peeps.

Even people who take good care of thier families have children abducted and raped, because pedos with charge sheets as long as your arm are allowed to walk among our children.

Being an idiot just makes it easier for these monsters to get what they want. So, they like to target careless and vulnerable (not always the same thing) parents and guardians because they CAN.

Rayne is a terrible mother and IMO should not have had care of -any- children at all. Too late for Cherish, in that regard.. But if anything good at all is to come of this tragedy, I am hoping it is that Florida (and other states, maybe) take a harder look at sentencing laws for sex offenders.

For goodness' sake - people get life for small amounts of drugs. But they let these monsters out in a few months.. a couple years.. when they should never get out at all for harming our most vulnerable and innocent members of society.

DS was not wearing a badge that said "I'm a pedo who has been offending for decades". DECADES this guy has been up to no good and in and out of jail. His entire adult years have been spent offending. He is a career criminal. Combine that with being a sick monster who is attracted to children. He's had decades to work on his game.

Last Friday night was the perfect storm for DS. He sees a mother with three children who appear to be a family who is struggling. We do not know what other issues there could be so I will not speculate on here right now.

DS is slick...we know that from his past offence(s) and his predator radar went off that night. Unfortunately Rayne's hinky meter didn't work. Who knows how long DS was hanging out at DG or other places since he got out of jail...just waiting for that one person to come along so he could play out his script.

For some that are convinced that the boyfriend knows DS. Maybe he does and maybe he doesn't. Lots of people may know DS as a neighbor, friend, etc. but they don't KNOW him. Lots of creeps maintain a "normal" façade. Look at Ariel Castro. Who would think he was keeping a dungeon in his home with captive women?

I've seen people saying who takes their kids to the store that late in the evening? Lots of people. Just go to a 24 hour Walmart around 2 a.m. There's kids there of all ages and their parents take them to the McDonalds in the middle of the night too. It drives me crazy.

DS was not wearing a badge that said "I'm a pedo who has been offending for decades". DECADES this guy has been up to no good and in and out of jail. His entire adult years have been spent offending. He is a career criminal. Combine that with being a sick monster who is attracted to children. He's had decades to work on his game.

Last Friday night was the perfect storm for DS. He sees a mother with three children who appear to be a family who is struggling. We do not know what other issues there could be so I will not speculate on here right now.

DS is slick...we know that from his past offence(s) and his predator radar went off that night. Unfortunately Rayne's hinky meter didn't work. Who knows how long DS was hanging out at DG or other places since he got out of jail...just waiting for that one person to come along so he could play out his script.

For some that are convinced that the boyfriend knows DS. Maybe he does and maybe he doesn't. Lots of people may know DS as a neighbor, friend, etc. but they don't KNOW him. Lots of creeps maintain a "normal" façade. Look at Ariel Castro. Who would think he was keeping a dungeon in his home with captive women?

I've seen people saying who takes their kids to the store that late in the evening? Lots of people. Just go to a 24 hour Walmart around 2 a.m. There's kids there of all ages and their parents take them to the McDonalds in the middle of the night too. It drives me crazy.

You are so right- he wasn't wearing a badge proclaiming his RSO status. However, had he not been the career criminal and sick, perverted pedophile we know him to be and this exact scenario played out, I still think the response towards RP would still be "What in the hello were you thinking?!?" I have no doubts (MOO) that had it not been Cherish on Friday night, we probably would be having this discussion under another name in the very near future. He would never have stopped trying to get a child in his possession to carry out his plans. He has proven that by trying for 30 years! RP just made his hunt easier by making several poor decisions, IMO.

When I watched the video of the boyfriend, my first impression was that he's high on pain meds and I wouldn't be surprised if they both aren't addicts. This is just my opinion, and I'm not accusing anyone.

I can't even post a comment here because I am so outraged at this "mother" and. I I have such un-TOS thoughts about the moms actions before and after Cherish died.. I see her as an opportunistic parasite and her boyfriend isn;t any better. God help those 2 children they still have.

Sweet Cherish has been laid to rest. :(

I wonder how things are going behind the scenes at Child Services...I pray Cherish's little sisters will be protected.

I have been to 5 different Walmarts since Cherish's murder.
All between 10pm and Midnight, after my kids were in bed at home.
NONE had anyone anywhere near the dressing room.
I have never seen someone working at the dressing rooms after 10pm.

I also noticed children of all ages there. That is definitely not unusual.

Did AP go to the funeral? I watched part of it right now online but didn't see him? I think I saw BJ on the right side of the church near the front?

Who is the guy in the blue?

http://news.yahoo.com/police-fla-girl-8-victim-predator-143052616.html

I have been popping in and out it seems I missed something.I thought she had just the 2 sisters and there is a brother? Her dads kids?

She has a younger half brother from her Dad... and an older half sister from her Mom.
Not to mention her Dad. I would have put "Mommy, Daddy and Aaron will miss you." :twocents:
Then again I am also much more able to have a civilized relationship with people I don't like.

Sweet Cherish has been laid to rest. :(

I wonder how things are going behind the scenes at Child Services...I pray Cherish's little sisters will be protected.

I worry that the remaining children will be exploited. RP and AP seem to be raking in donations (even a car) and are in their full parasitic glory. I only wish someone could donate some common sense and parenting skills to them. I hope someone donated car seats and vehicle insurance to go with the car.

Considering that RP let the thought of a $100 override her common sense and that led to Cherish's murder, i worry that other predators will also see an opportunity as well.

Yeah, I think a reporter would be one of the last people I'd ask this question of.

:moo:

And yet what better way to get the word out there and alert the "poor mother...how dare they team members" that CPS is getting involved.

Can someone explain to me how, in this country, CPS takes children from parents, no problem, in situations like this:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...-from-parents-who-wanted-2nd-doctors-opinion-

But if you toss your kids in the back of a strange man's van, allow the strange man to take your child to changing rooms...TWICE, then send the strange man on his way to McDonald's with that same kid....and she ends up sexually assaulted and dead.... No problem? Kids stay? That's in their best interest?

WHY ARE HER TWO REMAINING CHILDREN (who, as a bonus were also endangered on the 21st) STILL IN HER CUSTODY, CPS?

Florida Department of Children and Families Services: Why are you neglecting these children? They were, by law, endangered/neglected on the night of the 21st and it resulted in a death. You can't possibly know, in 7 days, that the children are safe in that house with those parents. YOU are now committing gross negligence. PROTECT THESE KIDS! DO YOUR JOB! :stormingmad:

I'm giving myself a time out. :rant:

Can someone explain to me how, in this country, CPS takes children from parents, no problem, in situations like this:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...-from-parents-who-wanted-2nd-doctors-opinion-

But if you toss your kids in the back of a strange man's van, allow the strange man to take your child to changing rooms...TWICE, then send the strange man on his way to McDonald's with that same kid....and she ends up sexually assaulted and dead.... No problem? Kids stay? That's in their best interest?

WHY ARE HER TWO REMAINING CHILDREN (who, as a bonus were also endangered on the 21st) STILL IN HER CUSTODY, CPS?

Someone here said that CPS can't step in until the police have finished their investigation. I think the absence of any witnesses, neighbors, friends, father, employees of Walmart, speaking to the media about what they saw tells me that the police are getting their ducks lined up in a very straight row as we speak.

Just my opinion from what I don't see.

Someone here said that CPS can't step in until the police have finished their investigation. I think the absence of any witnesses, neighbors, friends, father, employees of Walmart, speaking to the media about what they saw tells me that the police are getting their ducks lined up in a very straight row as we speak.

That can't possibly be true. Unless Florida has some wacky law different from other states, I can think of several instances where a parent acted far less negligently, and the children were temporarily removed while the investigation was still ongoing. Jorelys Rivera, case in point.

Not attacking you, fer realz, just stating why I can't/don't believe that's a rule/that's why they haven't been removed. :seeya:

BBM: I know nothing about CPS in that jurisdiction but: Oh surely not! Investigations can take ages...and children at risk are supposed to remain at risk until the investigation is over? To me, the police investigation and the CPS investigation are apples and oranges: LE is investigating the "abduction and murder." CPS is investigating the safety of the living children. One should not be dependent on the other!

Thank you for correcting me! I definitely want to know if I'm making an assumption based on faulty information.

Because of the dearth of people talking, I still think the police haven't made all of their arrests. I posted my suspicions days ago about how things were going to happen after the funeral, but that got deleted for some unknown reason. I think because this is high-profile they are concerned about the mother's safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech