GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she does not have much of a support system from family and close friends, then a sympathetic reporter might seem like the next best thing?

I wonder if the reporters ever feel horrible that they're exploiting a grieving family. Showing up on anybody's door every day would be a bit much, let alone a family in crisis.

They probably don't feel bad about doing it, since Rayne is answering the door and their calls, and telling them everything they want to know. The media knows that she will talk, so they are contacting her.

Ok ...back to our predator. Does anyone know the exact dates he was recently incarcerated? Was he in Duval or another state facility. Do inmates have Internet access?
I stumbled upon a truly chilling Amazon wish list with matching name and state, birthday listed as September 5 one day off. Last purchase was leg strap knife made a week before murder. I don't want to jump to conclusions.

Cybermom- call it in to the tipline. LE may not know about it.

Ok ...back to our predator. Does anyone know the exact dates he was recently incarcerated? Was he in Duval or another state facility. Do inmates have Internet access?
I stumbled upon a truly chilling Amazon wish list with matching name and state, birthday listed as September 5 one day off. Last purchase was leg strap knife made a week before murder. I don't want to jump to conclusions.

It's an exceedingly common name, and there are over 19 million people in Florida. There are only 365 days to have a birthday. I wouldn't read into it.

Well, there is some compassion in the practice of law and order. There is wiggle room-who here has received a warning rather than a ticket even though you deserved one?

When you are a DA and you have a case load that is massive and you work in a world that is shades of gray not black and white, and when you are a cop and you see all levels of deliberate malicious malfeasance, people like Cherish's mom and the parents who leave their kids in hot cars and the women who roll over on their babies dont end up in jail.

Because the punishment fits the crime.

Now you can take your resources and do a better job of keeping serial recidivist offenders in jail where they belong.

this is one of the saddest cases I have seen..i don't even know where to begin with it...but I think I can understand a little of RP's defensiveness right now. She knows the sentiment against her - believe me...but sometimes it is a natural instinct to try to backpedal or explain away what you know is undisputable bad judgement that you are guilty of...I don't think she got the creepy vibe from DS..do I think there was some avarice and greed factor to her..yup - not a doubt..he seemed sincere and that gift card lure was pretty powerful - the old police reports on DS make mention that he is a natural born charmer and I believe he totally had RP's number from the minute he laid eyes on her...is she enjoying the media attention - I am guessing no but I think she feels if she keeps affirming her grief and her status as a good mum that in desperation she thinks she may be believed. I am pretty positive she will lose her kids (and I think she is scared silly that this will happen) and most people will collectively get up and cheer but I am thinking those kids will lose the only mother they have ever known and it will take somebody with extraordinary skills to understand that...she has been painted as the lowest of the low villians when I believe she truly did love her kids...she is trapped in an awful lifestyle vortex and it is not quite as easy as some would think to break though that...no matter how much self medicating she does she will have to live with her guilt forever...I just can't get behind bashing her to kingdom come and back and hoping she gets a jail sentence to boot...allegations of her selling her daughter and using this tragedy for financial gain is IMO all kinds of wrong but hey! what do I know??and that is the point - this whole thing has taken on a terrible life of its own...we just don't know the whole story...the facebook page is pretty inflammatory and has an agenda (IMO)...I totally understand the rage that people have but I just can't bring myself to go there...this is such a terrible terrible tragedy and there is only one person who I truly direct my rage to...I know that this is not a popular stance to take and this will be my only comment on it. I try to imagine what it would be like to be in RP's shoes right now. Nothing will ever eradicate those stupid stupid choices...that poor baby girl.

I heartily agree with this and I thank you for expressing it so beautifully.

Well, there is some compassion in the practice of law and order. There is wiggle room-who here has received a warning rather than a ticket even though you deserved one?

Welp, it's time for me to leave this conversation alone. Comparing a measly ticket to what happened to Cherish, really just makes me angry.

And for the record, I have not ever received a warning or a ticket. I take obeying the law very seriously. It seems many people think it's OK to break the law, and just get away with things. I simply don't.
Agree to disagree.

They probably don't feel bad about doing it, since Rayne is answering the door and their calls, and telling them everything they want to know. The media knows that she will talk, so they are contacting her.

are we sure yet of just whom is calling whom??

What I actually think is very strange and sad is, that Rayne's boyfriend, who has lived with and known Cherish for many years, has not acted at all upset, has not shed one tear in public, and just talks about things, as if he's talking about how he takes care of his lawn!

Didn't he love her? Didn't he have feelings for her? You would think he would show SOME emotions or anger.

MOO ....

Welp, it's time for me to leave this conversation alone. Comparing a measly ticket to what happened to Cherish, really just makes me angry.

And for the record, I have not ever received a warning or a ticket. I take obeying the law very seriously. It seems many people think it's OK to break the law, and just get away with things. I simply don't.
Agree to disagree.

Choosing to believe that I was comparing what happened to Cherish as the equivalent of a measly ticket makes me disappointed.

I am pretty certain it is obvious that they are not, but just to be clear it was simply an illustration of how the law views things...on a case by case basis.

If Cherish's mother is charged with a crime or linked directly to this one, then I will assume the justice system feels that her punishment does not fit this situation and that there is more to be done.

The reality is that you are unlikely to be charged for the reasons I am offering sympathy to Cherish's mother now. Think of all those parents who leave their children in hot cars-maybe a handful are actually charged with something. Women who are drunk and roll over on their infants....women who ARENT drunk and roll over on their infants. They dont get charged either, or rarely.

That's the reality. What kind of punishment will you get from prison that will supercede the one you have to live with for the rest of your life?

Having done a social work internship at a women's prison, I can answer that: Parenting classes; life skills classes; mental health counseling; cognitive behavioral therapy group counseling; help with addictions (if there are any to deal with); learning coping skills; learning budgeting skills; learning how to obtain and maintain a job; learning socialization skills; learning how to not be a victim...all while protecting others from any "poor choices" which might be made if the person was allowed to continue in the same lifestyle as before.

Oh, absolutely. But one article mentioned that she was mentally ill? I am really beginning to believe that's the big issue here instead of drugs. In which case, yeah, the kids need to be removed, but it's not like she was out to harm Cherish?

I don't know if that makes sense. She's just all over the place in these interviews.

Remember the commercial with the egg in the frying pan- the anti drug campaign? "This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs."

Cybermom- call it in to the tipline. LE may not know about it.

Yes Cybermom..."You make the call...and let LE make the call" (as to whether it's relevant or not). If you call and it's nothing...no harm, no foul; if you don't call and it's something....

RP's oldest daughter, 27yo L.H. of Australia, has been commenting on the official Cherish FB page. Interesting stuff...

I have to pull back from this thread in the name of compassion and my own sanity-which itself will leave me if I cannot practice compassion. For Rayne? Yes, for Rayne. In examining my thoughts, I do want her charged. But more than anything, I want her-yes her-and her remaining children to be safe.

From what I've gleaned from watching her, reading her statements which are all over the board, and reading what others who know her have written on Cherish's support page, my guess is this woman is severely mentally ill. I believe she needs help. That said, however, I absolutely do not think she should be responsible for raising children until she gets that help. So far, she hasn't produced any examples of even an iota of insight which would tell me she would be willing to get help or be amenable to help. Therefore, I personally do not believe she should be raising any children.

Poor Cherish was killed by an awful man, under a perfect storm of circumstances created by the justice system, the family court system, and her own family system.

I've contributed more posts in this case than I have in any since I've joined WS . I keep coming back for more information, only to find myself mired in anger at her mother once again. Even more so than the predator. For the first few days of following the case, the anger felt good, in a weird way. In so many cases we follow, we don't know what happened ever, and keep searching and searching for answers. But in this case, I feel like we have an answer--if Rayne would have done her due diligence as a mother and as a human being, this awful man wouldn't have gotten poor Cherish. And we are right. I think. There is no excuse for what she did. I believe she should be charged with criminal negligence, and I believe her children should be raised by someone who can care for them appropriately.

But I have to maintain my compassion for her as a human being. I'm surely rambling, and my guess is that many of you who long-timers who have put so much time and energy into this board have struggled similarly at one point or another. Rayne is a human being who made a horrible series of mistakes that cost poor Cherish her life. But I cannot make it my place to continually beat her over the head with that opinion.

I can only hope that the people who can help to keep her other children safe from harm step in and do the right thing.

I can only hope that none of this detracts from the case against the who killed poor Cherish.

And I will pray for Rayne that she does have someone in her life to guide her to make the right choices to care for her own mental, physical, and emotional health at this time.

Having done a social work internship at a women's prison, I can answer that: Parenting classes; life skills classes; mental health counseling; cognitive behavioral therapy group counseling; help with addictions (if there are any to deal with); learning coping skills; learning budgeting skills; learning how to obtain and maintain a job; learning socialization skills; learning how to not be a victim...all while protecting others from any "poor choices" which might be made if the person was allowed to continue in the same lifestyle as before.

Thank you! Mothers especially have to realize that a lifetime of bad judgement is why bad things like what happened to Cherish happen in the first place! If DS had not taken advantage of RP's bad judgement,some other predator still might have.There are many pedophiles who are never caught and for each one in jail,new ones decide to act on impulses they have been fighting.Bad judgements also is why single mother move men in they barely know and leave them with their children.We see new cases almost daily on how well that goes right here on Websleuths.This woman is 44 and needs to be held accountable because but for her extremely bad judgement Cherish would not have died Friday night!JMO But when the family courts and CPS leave children in the hands of parent(s) who's whole life has been one bad judgement call after another instead of thinking first about the best interest of the children it causes many children to die who should have been saved.Had DS done this like many child abductions ,quickly done when a mom was not a part of it and had done so much to allow it!JMO.

Wow...I just read the newest article linked on the first page of this thread.

Oh my God. Lots of things....but dang....she admits to letting a strange man take her daughter to the dressing room TWICE, but made sure he didn't go IN..and that he only handed clothes OVER the door or whatever. Oh....okay...that's not so bad....letting a strange man take your daughter TO the dressing room. :facepalm: Oh and that he wanted to buy HIGH HEELS for Cherish. :facepalm: ..............she allows a strange man to take her daughter to the dressing room!!! THIS after getting creeped out by him in the van and noticing that the seats have been taken out and that there are blinds on the windows. Yet she's "good" with all the dressing room/high heel/paying too much attention to Cherish business. In fact....she's "good" with this and waits for him up at the check out to pay for all her crap until she realizes Walmart is closing and he and Cherish are nowhere to be found.

Unbelievable.

I'm really starting to wonder if she has some type of serious mental defect. Seriously. I don't know of any mother who would stand for ANY of that business - let alone take a ride with strange man!

And don't get me started on how she seems to be blaming Cherish for "running off"......

GRRRR!!!

Isn't that a private page? What does she say?

It is a 'closed group' but if you request to 'join' you will be added, probably pretty quickly. I think they just closed it so they could moderate it somewhat.

It is a 'closed group' but if you request to 'join' you will be added, probably pretty quickly. I think they just closed it so they could moderate it somewhat.

I am sure they will add you. They closed it because there were a few people posting unwanted things and trying to solicit funds (supposedly to go to RP) but the link to it looked hinky (It had been established 2 months ago so i suspect the person behind it had ulterior motives and was raising mony for something else an glommed on to Cherish's story in a sick attempt to scam people). They were quickly banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett