GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure they will add you. They closed it because there were a few people posting unwanted things and trying to solicit funds (supposedly to go to RP) but the link to it looked hinky (It had been established 2 months ago so i suspect the person behind it had ulterior motives and was raising mony for something else an glommed on to Cherish's story in a sick attempt to scam people). They were quickly banned.

I was added earlier today within about an hour of requesting. The people running it seem to have a good handle on things.

I've tried really hard to stay away from this thread and have even deleted countless posts before hitting send but the more I read the angrier I get. There is no doubt that this beautiful child was failed by the justice system that let yet another monster go free but IMO the courts failed her long before then by leaving her in the care of her mother despite reports stating that was not in her best interest.

I can not even begin to comprehend the choices that RP made that day. You do not have to be a devout WS member to know that none of our communities are free of monsters. Nor do you have to follow case after tragic case to know that those monsters are waiting on any opportunity to prey on our children. As parents it is our job to protect our children but this woman served her child up on a platter for the promise of a gift card and a freaking cheeseburger! She is d@mn lucky that her and the other children that she drug along for the ride survived.

I understand the desire to focus on the monster instead of the mother but he is safely locked away while RP not only roams free but still has other children in her care and is inviting strangers into their home now! Did she learn nothing? I don't doubt that she loved and grieves her daughter but clearly that pain isn't "punishment" enough because she is still putting innocent children at risk. IMO this woman is a danger to any child in her care and that should not be allowed to continue. Cherish's death will not be in vain if it serves as the impetus for removing her siblings from that home.

This whole thing makes me physically ill. I think about these poor kids and I just bawl my eyes out! She was such a beautiful little girl! Was she excited at the prospect of a new dress or a treat from McDonald's? And then this sicko creep demon monster so callously snuffs out her life like it was nothing! Sometimes reading here really makes my heart hurt. And I ask myself whether its better to know or not. Maybe ignorance is bliss. I just watched the video of that poor mom beaten up in her home by a monster while her little daughter tried to hide behind her blankie on the couch. WTF is wrong with this world???? Evil walks among us...

I've tried really hard to stay away from this thread and have even deleted countless posts before hitting send but the more I read the angrier I get. There is no doubt that this beautiful child was failed by the justice system that let yet another monster go free but IMO the courts failed her long before then by leaving her in the care of her mother despite reports stating that was not in her best interest.

I can not even begin to comprehend the choices that RP made that day. You do not have to be a devout WS member to know that none of our communities are free of monsters. Nor do you have to follow case after tragic case to know that those monsters are waiting on any opportunity to prey on our children. As parents it is our job to protect our children but this woman served her child up on a platter for the promise of a gift card and a freaking cheeseburger! She is d@mn lucky that her and the other children that she drug along for the ride survived.

I understand the desire to focus on the monster instead of the mother but he is safely locked away while RP not only roams free but still has other children in her care and is inviting strangers into their home now! Did she learn nothing? I don't doubt that she loved and grieves her daughter but clearly that pain isn't "punishment" enough because she is still putting innocent children at risk. IMO this woman is a danger to any child in her care and that should not be allowed to continue. Cherish's death will not be in vain if it serves as the impetus for removing her siblings from that home.

I agree 100% I also feel CPS and the Family Court could have saved her but instead they failed her first by keeping her in a home where they knew her mother was not a fit parent and she was in danger.They ignored the years of mistakes ,bad judgements and possible mental illness that showed this was a long standing problem but choose to leave a child in that situation when a father was fighting to save her from it and their own impartial evaluator said she should be sent to her father. Unless this is addressed nothing will change and children will keep dying because sometimes a Mother is not the fit parent. I thought it was suppose to be in the best interest of the child,God help her other younger daughters.

From that article:
"She said she had a conversation with Cherish a week before her disappearance about never leaving any store with a stranger."

That's what good, responsible parents tell their children. But when you have that conversation and a week later Mommy is leaving Dollar General with a stranger AND bringing her kids along... How do you expect an 8yr old to grasp the concept??

A child trusts their mother knows best and will keep them safe.
Cherish trusted her mother. What was the poor child to do?

I am skeptical that RP had a conversation with Cherish about stranger danger the week before - and if she did have that conversation and then went with RP, once more, it suggests he wasn't a stranger, or wasn't made out to look like a Stranger in the eyes of Cherish and her 2 siblings.
Will someone take RP's shovel away from her - she's dug another hole for herself - it looks like a rabbit warren out there.

I have NO compassion or sympathy for Rayne Perrywinkle. All of it has been channeled to the other kids, her friends, extended family, and of course her father.

DS is to blame here. After him, I put the rest of the blame on the mother. I do believe she was criminally negligent and should be charged. I could show compassion to her IF she showed ANY remorse or acknowledgement that her poor choices led to this horrible chain of events, I would open my heart to her. But the more she says, the more she is trying to make everybody think she is a perfect parent (nobody is). I have not read one article or heard an interview where she opens her soul up and says I will regret this until the last breath I take. I should have kept her by my side. I should have PROTECTED her. I failed as her mother and I wish I could trade places with her.

I had a child pass away (not from my negligence) so trust me, I'm not lacking in the sympathy/compassion department.

I can agree wholeheartedly with everything you say...except the last sentence...because it should not come down to having to lose one of the children in order to save the others. So in that regard, I think Cherish's death was in vain.

Having done a social work internship at a women's prison, I can answer that: Parenting classes; life skills classes; mental health counseling; cognitive behavioral therapy group counseling; help with addictions (if there are any to deal with); learning coping skills; learning budgeting skills; learning how to obtain and maintain a job; learning socialization skills; learning how to not be a victim...all while protecting others from any "poor choices" which might be made if the person was allowed to continue in the same lifestyle as before.

Thank you for that information myteemouse. The only thing is, if her brain has been affected from drugs (etc), than those won't really help.

I'm not versed in the area of how to repair brain cells, so I can't say if it's possible to get back what you lost or not.

I am sure suspect's interactions with Cherish inside the Walmart are on security videos.

Wow...I just read the newest article linked on the first page of this thread.

Oh my God. Lots of things....but dang....she admits to letting a strange man take her daughter to the dressing room TWICE, but made sure he didn't go IN..and that he only handed clothes OVER the door or whatever. Oh....okay...that's not so bad....letting a strange man take your daughter TO the dressing room. :facepalm: Oh and that he wanted to buy HIGH HEELS for Cherish. :facepalm: ..............she allows a strange man to take her daughter to the dressing room!!! THIS after getting creeped out by him in the van and noticing that the seats have been taken out and that there are blinds on the windows. Yet she's "good" with all the dressing room/high heel/paying too much attention to Cherish business. In fact....she's "good" with this and waits for him up at the check out to pay for all her crap until she realizes Walmart is closing and he and Cherish are nowhere to be found.

Unbelievable.

I'm really starting to wonder if she has some type of serious mental defect. Seriously. I don't know of any mother who would stand for ANY of that business - let alone take a ride with strange man!

And don't get me started on how she seems to be blaming Cherish for "running off"......

GRRRR!!!

LH on FB does mention that RP is bipolar and does not take her meds.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139460826255774/?hc_location=stream

I can agree wholeheartedly with everything you say...except the last sentence...because it should not come down to having to lose one of the children in order to save the others. So in that regard, I think Cherish's death was in vain.

You're right but sadly Cherish is gone and no amount of hindsight will bring her back so the only thing left is to hope that something good can come from the loss. Hopefully a monster will be off the streets for good now and someone will have the wisdom to protect her siblings from the failings of her mother.

Thank you for that information myteemouse. The only thing is, if her brain has been affected from drugs (etc), than those won't really help.

I'm not versed in the area of how to repair brain cells, so I can't say if it's possible to get back what you lost or not.

"How does the brain heal after being damaged by drug use?"
How does the brain heal after being damaged by drug use? - YouTube

"Ecstasy and brain damage":
http://www.thesite.org/drinkanddrugs/drugsafety/drugsandyourbody/ecstasyandbraindamage

"Club Drugs Inflict Damage Similar To Traumatic Brain Injury"
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/11/071129121127.htm

"Treating the Brain In Drug Abuse"
http://archives.drugabuse.gov/NIDA_Notes/NNVol15N4/DirRepVol15N4.html

Cognition is central to drug addiction"
http://www.apa.org/monitor/jun01/cogcentral.aspx

"Reversibility of Methamphetamine-Related Brain Damage"
http://www.drugrehab.us/news/reversibility-of-methamphetamine-related-brain-damage/

"ALCOHOL’S DAMAGING EFFECTS ON THE BRAIN"
http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa63/aa63.htm

"Brain Damage from Benzodiazepines: The Troubling Facts, Risks, and History of Minor Tranquilizers"
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...he-troubling-facts-risks-and-history-minor-tr

"The Straight Dope on What Bath Salts Do to Your Brain and Why They're Dangerous"
http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddi...ts-do-to-your-brain-and-why-theyre-dangerous/

"Chronic Pot Smoking Affects Brain Chemistry, Scans Show"
http://health.usnews.com/health-new...ot-smoking-affects-brain-chemistry-scans-show

First attempt evah to upload a picture. This is sure to be a ginormous fail...

So we were at Walmart today and I took note of the fitting room design/notably how high up the fiiting room is enclosed (likely to protect customer privacy from all those ceiling mounted cameras in the stores.)

Even if DS was just 'handing outfits to try on' to Cherish, short of sliding them under the door, which, IIRC, she does not mention, he or Cherish would have to open the door to him to exchange clothing items.

Whether or not he saw her in any state of undress is unknown, but as he's a convicted pedophile, I'm guessing this 'dress up time', was very exciting for him. :puke:

Attachments

• IMG_20130702_124023.jpg
    IMG_20130702_124023.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics