GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that the police would work from the two known crime scenes out.

Cherish was located by the church which isn't very far from the first crime scene. I would assume the stroller was disposed of after killing Cherish and not before. I would concentrate on the dumpsters closest to the second crime scene and find out when they were dumped and taken to which landfill.

I'd also check any construction sites/homes being remodeled/reroofed, etc. which might have long-term roll-off containers on site/in driveways which aren't being dumped regularly.

I'd also check any construction sites/homes being remodeled/reroofed, etc. which might have long-term roll-off containers on site/in driveways which aren't being dumped regularly.

Or any business that wouldn't have weekly or biweekly service, maybe monthly. I wonder if school dumpsters are even being serviced with school out.
He could of course buried the stroller, sank it, or put it in storage. If its in storage it's got to be 24 hour access.

I do think its crazy that on Jacksonville craigslist right now they have the very same stroller listed for sale using the very same photo that the police issued.

I think that may have been where the police went to look for the photo of a similar stroller.

Just looking again at the timeline. Van left Walmart at approx. 10:41 pm according to police report.

DS was apprehended at 9:05 am.

Regardless of whether one believes he dumped it after, or left behind the stroller at the crime scene, the reality is he had a 10 hour window in which he could have dumped it anywhere.

I'll fetch it.

Here 'tis:

http://goo.gl/maps/BrhD9

A. Home
B. DG
C. WM
D. Church where Cherish was found
E. Nearest McDonalds outside of Walmart
F. Ray Greene Park
G. Menlo Park
H. Perp's (mother's) home...where perp lived

****This map is definitely a team effort!!! My map skills are rudimentary. Anyone with better map skills is welcome to take over, add the appropriate icons, etc.****

Looking at that map the stroller may be in the water somewhere.

Thanks for bringing the map over!

Some possibilities for stroller location:

1. D.S. removed it from van when he assaulted Cherish at an unknown location (yes I know it is more than assault but that is all I can bring myself to type at the moment).

2. D.S. removed it when he hid Cherish's body.

3. D.S. removed it somewhere between the assault and the burial.

4. D.S. removed it after the burial.

Has LE stated on their timeline precisely what time they found Cherish (or even better her estimated time of death) and what time they apprehended DS in his van on the highway?

This would give us a better idea of how much time he had to get rid of evidence.

****eta: I just saw the post above where he has a ten hour window!

1. D.S. removed it from van when he assaulted Cherish at an unknown location (yes I know it is more than assault but that is all I can bring myself to type at the moment).

Has LE stated on their timeline precisely what time they found Cherish (or even better her estimated time of death) and what time they apprehended DS in his van on the highway?

This would give us a better idea of how much time he had to get rid of evidence.

BBM:

They found her body at 9:20 am, through a separate tip, IIRC.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...riffs-office-releases-timeline-events-cherish

ETA: At same link it states "8:34 a.m.: Citizen calls Sheriff's Office advising that she observed a suspicious vehicle matching the one on TV at approximately 7 a.m. at the Highlands Baptist Church 10400 Rutgers Road. She advises that the vehicle is no longer at that location"

I am starting to wonder how planned this was. If he buried her that meant he had a shovel, but then if he was still at burial sight after sun up it truly makes me wonder.
To me the cause of death, is this normal for a planned murder or just an afterthought. (Sorry).
Any experts out there?
Also a body of water would have been way easier for evidence/ other disposal Jacksonville has waterways every way you turn. I am wondering if the burial at a sight near church was an indication of regret. I have been to that church several times years ago and although I don't recall the woods it was located very much around residential homes, not exactly a great place to be digging late at night

i wondered about how planned it was, too. did he have a hole dug, just waiting? or, like you said, did he have a shovel? ugh.

http://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=http:...-/Donald-Smith-indictment.pdf&h=RAQHEPlOG&s=1

the third charge... i could puke. i mean, its all horrific. but... damn.

Has LE said she was buried, or is that coming only from Rayne? He was wet and muddy, so what's up with that? Hiding evidence? Washing evidence off? If she was buried :)() I would think he had planned a little. At least, by having supplies in his van. But, wouldn't they have seen it? I would say wouldn't she have thought that was terrifying, but she put her girls in that van...so...

ok I thought so! So what is with the names? I dont get that at all. If she is bi-polar that still doesnt mean you lack common sense does it? I know someone who is bi-polar who takes meds, but he is a rational person.

No, bi-polar doesn't equal a lack of common sense; you are correct. Unfortunately, there are people in this world that have all kinds of issues (be they mental health issues or physical ones) that lack common sense. A person can also have more than one mental health diagnosis.

Has LE said she was buried, or is that coming only from Rayne? He was wet and muddy, so what's up with that? Hiding evidence? Washing evidence off? If she was buried :)() I would think he had planned a little. At least, by having supplies in his van. But, wouldn't they have seen it? I would say wouldn't she have thought that was terrifying, but she put her girls in that van...so...

I am taking that she was buried from Rayne's interview. Until she has a different version, that is what I will go on. The more I think about it I don't know that e had planned past making acquaintance (target) and establish trust. I think the fact that Cherish actually was allowed out to his van unchaperoned was just an opportunity he couldn't pass up. Then he was like,now what?
As far as we know all his previous attempts have failed. Walmart is pretty well monitored by security cameras. He would've had a better chance at Dollar General of getting away.
I think the mere fact that his vehicle was seen at the scene where the body was found during daylight hours makes me think he had to create a plan on the fly.
Maybe he stole the shovel, heck he may have gone all the way back to his house, or a friends house to get it.

5. It was removed between DG visit and WM visit when RP, DS, and kids stopped somewhere else. (Still working under the "possibility" umbrella).

i wondered about how planned it was, too. did he have a hole dug, just waiting? or, like you said, did he have a shovel? ugh.

http://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=http:...-/Donald-Smith-indictment.pdf&h=RAQHEPlOG&s=1

the third charge... i could puke. i mean, its all horrific. but... damn.

I'm not sure the report that she was buried is accurate. IMO there's the possibility that the reporter asked RP about the burial question, and she was responding as in, yes, the funeral had taken place already. Again, I am not taking that comment as proof positive that the perp buried Cherish.

if the prosecutor is saying he has enough for the dp they have a lot of evidence like a lot. dp cases are expensive to prosecute and if he is saying it this quickly there has to be a lot of forensics back (including from her little body and his nasty white van)

DS definitely deserves the death penalty. In a way I am glad that he pleaded "not guilty" because I want this to go to trial. I want his heinous actions recorded and documented as yet another case of why child molesters should never be freed, or given reduced sentences. I also want RP and AP to be called to the stand and to be asked some difficult questions about their life, why they were so desperate for money, how they spent Chesish's child support, etc. I want the truth about why RP allowed this perv access to her daughter. I want to see the Walmart footage which will tell us more of the truth than RP ever will.

There's a link to the indictment in this article:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topst...3/Smith-indicted-for-murder-Cherish-strangled

Also found this article about the judge assigned recusing herself?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=318559

did you guys watch the video? the prosecutor basically says that Cherish's mother is a witness in their case. If there are charges for her (MY OPINION ONLY) they will come after the trial for the murderer/rapist/monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV