GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
did you guys watch the video? the prosecutor basically says that Cherish's mother is a witness in their case. If there are charges for her (MY OPINION ONLY) they will come after the trial for the murderer/rapist/monster.

I can't hear the video... Can anyone give me a word for word about this part of what the prosecutor said?

Smith's attorney is planning an insanity defense * see post below

did you guys watch the video? the prosecutor basically says that Cherish's mother is a witness in their case. If there are charges for her (MY OPINION ONLY) they will come after the trial for the murderer/rapist/monster.

I would think a witness facing criminal charges (or already charged,) would be a good thing for the defense. Her credibility will already be...questionable...I doubt they want to add to that. Basically, I wouldn't be surprised if they waited a while.

Oh, and I do still hope her children aren't in her care before then. I hope they could do the right thing and remove them, rather then protect their case a bit.

JMO.

*The judge just thinks the trial should be in a different district. That's not an uncommon reason for being recused.

A witness!!!! IMO she was more like his helper!:stormingmad:

Smith's attorney is planning an insanity defense ( same MSM )

I can't find that news on their site. That makes my blood boil. I hope that makes the jury hate him even more.

A witness!!!! IMO she was more like his helper!:stormingmad:

she WAS the witness. this is just the way it goes folks.

until or unless we hear that it was just bad judgement that is as far as the sleuthing goes on mom. The prosecutor DID hesitate when asked about any charges for mom. The first priority is to get that killer the sentence he deserves. CPS (per msm) has already interviewed the other children so there is an open file on the remaining children. This just has to play out and the gears turn slowly and a lot of times we do not HEAR what is going on. We have to remain patient as the news filters down the pipes.

We knew she was raped before he murdered her but seeing it makes me wanna tear him up from limb to limb. I want to scream at that family court judge how many more before you people realize they ain't making moms like they use to~!!!!!!! It all started downhill for this child when the stupid idiots decided to leave her in a dangerous home! I hope that judge and her mother have nightmares every night for the rest of their miserable lives including hearing her screams for her daddy to save her.Even at 8 I am sure she knew he would have saved her if he could but that man hating judge left her to fend for herself !!!!!! This is suppose to be a great country but it has laws they do not stick to,Child Protection Services that does everything but protect the children ,and Family court will keep sacrificing children because they just about refuse to hand a child over to their father even if he is the better parent!!!!!! How many times do we see the same Chit and nothing changes because the real monster is CPS and family courts!!!!!!!

It breaks my heart Cherish that the very protections that should have protected you instead helped that murder you! I am very sorry you were born to a mother who did not protect you,you deserved so much more.

I can't find that news on their site. That makes my blood boil. I hope that makes the jury hate him even more.

Oops... news 4 jax: page 2 BBM

Prosecutors believe there could be a second crime scene they need to investigate that could present important evidence in prosecuting this case in which Smith's attorney will try to prove his client is mentally incompetent to stand trial or was insane at the time of the crime.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/donald...nkle/-/475880/20802192/-/3dyh36z/-/index.html

Insane my a$$. This guy walked for three hours with this mother and her children, appearing perfectly normal. Came up with a story about a 100$ gift card. Then said he is taking the child to McDonalds (not the moon). What in the world does suggest he is insane?
:banghead:

my opinion (for what is worth)

i think DS played RP like a fiddle. most child predators are known master manipulators, they insinuate themselves into people's lifes with no problem in many cases.
i think he saw a stress, struggling woman with 3 kids, down on her luck and there was his opportunity.

i also think he payed her a lot of attention, maybe told her how pretty and young she was for having all those kids, enough to make her think that maybe what he was interested in was her, he also probably listened to her chatting about her problems with current live-in, no job, no money, etc, etc. she either saw him as an easy take (he would pay for her shopping) or truly believed he was a good samaritan

he groomed the mother to feel comfortable with him ,enough that she would let him take cherish to the fitting rooms and to allow her to go out to grab dinner with him.

yes, RP made it easier for him but of the two he had more experience conning people.
why i don't understand is why he acted out so quick? usually the grooming takes time before the attack occurs...also he did not make any attempts to disguise himself at all! some predators wait months even years before getting the child and the child's family defenses down...

Not all predators groom their victims for prolonged periods of time. Plenty of cases where predator just snatched the victim and then killed this victim in a short period of time.

i think DS played RP like a fiddle. most child predators are known master manipulators, they insinuate themselves into people's lifes with no problem in many cases.
i think he saw a stress, struggling woman with 3 kids, down on her luck and there was his opportunity.

i also think he payed her a lot of attention, maybe told her how pretty and young she was for having all those kids, enough to make her think that maybe what he was interested in was her, he also probably listened to her chatting about her problems with current live-in, no job, no money, etc, etc. she either saw him as an easy take (he would pay for her shopping) or truly believed he was a good samaritan

he groomed the mother to feel comfortable with him ,enough that she would let him take cherish to the fitting rooms and to allow her to go out to grab dinner with him.

yes, RP made it easier for him but of the two he had more experience conning people.
why i don't understand is why he acted out so quick? usually the grooming takes time before the attack occurs...also he did not make any attempts to disguise himself at all! some predators wait months even years before getting the child and the child's family defenses down...

BBM

I agree that he played RP like a fiddle. However, I think RP thought she was playing him like a fiddle, for 100 bucks. I think there was manipulation going on all over the place that night, but RP was not as good at it and Cherish paid for it with her life.

Wouldn't the other children also be witnesses to what happened to their sister? And to what their mom did and said?

-She didn't feel comfortable with him. She was creeped out by him, in her own words. I think she just wanted things more.
-Predators don't always groom. PLENTY of predators are simply opportunistic. In fact, the violent ones usually are. All of these kids that end up raped and murdered, are usually just snatched.
-I think Rayne met someone who out manipulated her. She was trying to work him, too. I truly think she thought she was.

IMO.

I would think a witness facing criminal charges (or already charged,) would be a good thing for the defense. Her credibility will already be...questionable...I doubt they want to add to that. Basically, I wouldn't be surprised if they waited a while.

Oh, and I do still hope her children aren't in her care before then. I hope they could do the right thing and remove them, rather then protect their case a bit.

JMO.

*The judge just thinks the trial should be in a different district. That's not an uncommon reason for being recused.

As to RP and A and possible criminal charges: I smell a deal in the works...if not now, then forthcoming.

The case and the protection of the children should be independent of each other, IMO. One is LE/prosecution. The other is CPS. CPS does not need the permission of the prosecution to remove those children. CPS is not dependent on LE's findings/decisions to be justified in removing children.

As to RP and A and possible criminal charges: I smell a deal in the works...if not now, then forthcoming.

The case and the protection of the children should be independent of each other, IMO. One is LE/prosecution. The other is CPS. CPS does not need the permission of the prosecution to remove those children. CPS is not dependent on LE's findings/decisions to be justified in removing children.

Oh, yes...I agree. I just know that sometimes the prosecution tries to protect the image of a witness. CPS will investigate and I do think LE has some say. As far as, giving them their accounts and everything. I hope they don't water it down, so that Rayne doesn't seem as bad. A witness who is charged with a crime and has children removed, certainly goes to her credibility. I don't know that this LE would do that, but it's happened before. Hopefully, CPS will do their job separately and not rely too heavily on what LE says.

Looking at that map the stroller may be in the water somewhere.

And there is a public access boat ramp/ park at the end of that road where the church is located. Haven't been there in years not sure what all is still there. It used to be called Burt maxwell park I believe.

Does anyone know the exact time the neighbor saw the van at the church. Or did the caller see the van in the neighborhood?

And there is a public access boat ramp/ park at the end of that road where the church is located. Haven't been there in years not sure what all is still there. It used to be called Burt maxwell park I believe.

Does anyone know the exact time the neighbor saw the van at the church. Or did the caller see the van in the neighborhood?

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...events-cherish

Citizen calls Sheriff's Office advising that she observed a suspicious vehicle matching the one on TV at approximately 7 a.m. at the Highlands Baptist Church 10400 Rutgers Road. She advises that the vehicle is no longer at that location"

Donald Smith, the man accused of abducting and killing 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle last month, was indicted Tuesday on charges of first-degree murder, kidnapping and capital sexual battery.

According to the indictment, Smith strangled Cherish.

more here http://www.news4jax.com/news/donald...nkle/-/475880/20802192/-/3dyh36z/-/index.html

BBM

I am just reading this now...forgive my slow pace...
Even with all prior speculations and haunted visions...
Rape and strangulation...
Just confirmation of it, crushes the heart like a ton of bricks.
I am so sorry this happened to you, little innocent child.

I'm scared to look up Florida's definition of capital sexual battery. :(

Poor Cherish. She must have felt so much fear & pain. I wish we could turn back time & go to the Walmart & rescue her. ;-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltPetals