GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #4 *GRAPHIC CONTENT*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree YESorNO. Vile excuse for a human being.

Sadly, I think this went on for a while before he actually strangled her.

Was a trial with a jury required in Florida in order to get a unanimous vote for the death penalty? The defence looked like that wanted to be anywhere other than in that room each time they were shown.

Appears that the defense is going through the motions, no witnesses of their own and minimal cross of prosecution witnesses. IMO, I saw this same strategy in Georgia with Stephen McDaniel....forego the defense and attempt to save his life in sentencing.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

"Sadly, I think this went on for a while before he actually strangled her."

The thought makes me want to...:crying:..and then to...:puke:...

Glad to be sharing this terrible trial with all of you...:blowkiss:

and with that I'm....:offtobed:

Good night everyone...:seeya:

Deleted.. Because it was boring.

There were defense attorneys there? My guess is he wasn't interested in any kind of defense or he simply just trying to avoid a DP because he knew that he had been caught red handed,, and his goose was pretty well cooked. Kind of reminds me of the Danial Messel trial.
He's enjoying every minute of it. He truly doesn't care about the consequences and if He was to be released he would do it again.

He's enjoying every minute of it. He truly doesn't care about the consequences and if He was to be released he would do it again.

Well, one thing we know for certain, is that he is a very sick individual. I really find it hard to believe that this was the first time he commited a murder. His actions were VERY cold and calculated. What he did to this little girl, he did with complete disregard for human life or any kind of life for that matter.

The unspeakable horror that he subjected her to is beyond any form of comprehension, and would be completely incomprehensible for even the lowest form of animal to even consider.

I can't even begin to imagine how scared and frightened poor little Cherish would have been while in the filthy hands of this monsteris animal.

When court resumes tomorrow, I think the jury in this case will probably find it deep in their minds to make the proper decision regarding the fate of Mr. Smith.

Whom we will never forget.

A mistrial because she had emotion to something horrific done to a child? I am concerned about the defense attorney and and any person who feels nothing enough to see photos of an 8 year old who was tortured enough to mutilate her genitals in one night. I'm not at all concerned about the validity of a testimony that has some emotion. We are humans. When you lose your emotion, you have serious issues.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Why would there be a mistrial?

Why would there be a mistrial?
Because she showed emotion during her testimony. See post 567. I can't paste the screenshot without signing in to tapatalk, which I'm not doing :)

Oh.. You mean ME Rao, for the life me, I was trying to figure out who you were speaking about.

Yes, I agree the defense asking for a mistrial during the circumstances was a real shot in the dark. I don't really think they exspected that to fly. Maybe just saw the trial coming to a close, and didn't want to look anti social.

As far as Rao, I would agree her emotions were very normal. If she didn't show any emotion, I would probably be scratching my head.

A mistrial because she had emotion to something horrific done to a child? I am concerned about the defense attorney and and any person who feels nothing enough to see photos of an 8 year old who was tortured enough to mutilate her genitals in one night. I'm not at all concerned about the validity of a testimony that has some emotion. We are humans. When you lose your emotion, you have serious issues.

We have a justice system....if every defense attorney only represented the innocent we would not have a justice system. They are doing a job, and IMO, a good one. Their job is to show reasonable doubt which is very difficult in this case. So they are going through the motions for justice.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I have followed this trial thread every day but I haven't posted until now. All I could do is shrink back in horror when learning the brutal details as to what this sadistic demonic pedophile did to Cherish.

In the decades of keeping up with true crime, I can honestly say, I have never become desensitized to the pain, and suffering inflicted on innocent victims. I am still profoundly affected whether the victim/s are adults and especially sweet innocent children like Cherish.

This case gives me horrible flashbacks of when little Shasta and Dylan were kidnapped by their own sadist pedophile murderer who did the most unbelievable torturous sexual things to them both. 6 weeks of sexual torture for Dylan before Duncan finally murdered him and 7 weeks for Shasta. I remember, she too, had to have surgery for her injuries, and was in the hospital for days after her return.

It also makes me think of another case in Florida when Joe Smith kidnapped 12 year old Carlie in broad daylight to rape her then murdered her.... putting her body close to a church. Joe Smith's case was also a death penalty case, and the foreman of the jury was a Minister. They voted for death.

After CAs have concluded I expect this to be a very swift verdict and it may even come today. If I was a juror, it would take me only as long to make sure the paperwork is filled out properly on the verdict form. 15-20 minutes tops but they may take longer even though I have seen some verdicts come back in less than an hour. There really isn't that much to deliberate. The state has overwhelming evidence of guilt.

I fully believe after the sentencing phase has concluded he will be given death because that is the only thing he deserves.

IMO

I can't believe that Smith was recorded in a jail conversation remarking about a 12 year old girl and describing her as "that's my target age" and "I'd like to meet her in Walmart". Children are nothing more than sexual relief for him and trash to be tossed out afterwards. Zero empathy or compassion. Nothing more chilling than a sociopath. I'd love to know his social history and upbringing. This is just something I truly can't fathom. And yes, I also believe he has done this before. :(

Men like this is the worse of the worse. There's no changing them and they don't belong in society. I don't want them to even be breathing...but... Yesterday I watched part of the trial. Just hearing the injuries put me in a bad place. The feeling of helplessness for little Cherish. Her life should have been cherished. She should have been cherished. Instead, brutally murdered, after brutally tortured. How any man could ever think his manhood belonged in a child, I'll never understand. It's sickening. Just the physical aspect, like fitting a square peg into a round hole. It's not only morally wrong, it's physically wrong. I wish he could be sentenced to choke on his! But alas, we are above that type of sentencing. So DEATH would be OK!

A precious, innocent child. Forever 8 yrs old. We won't forget you Cherish! Not just the pain he inflicted before taking your life, but we will remember YOU! Run free. Play with the puppies and kittens! Kiss a chicken! Ride those horses. Inhale the breath of a horse. Have carefree and fun days with all the animals and children and loving people in Heaven. I have to believe that! I just HAVE TO!

Thanks for the article Buf. I still want him segregated on death row

Good morning all. I hope everyone was able to have a restful sleep.

Thanks for the article Buf. I still want him segregated on death row

I know. I just wish that when these animals finally do get put to death so many years later that it wasn't as peaceful a death as to what they did to their victims...being afforded appeals up until the very end, and the constant heartache and manipulation of the families of those they victimized and murdered.

What the ;$@" will the defense have to say today.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiprocker