GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #4 *GRAPHIC CONTENT*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad the defense gave no closing argument. I feel bad for both of those attorneys who clearly know there is no defense for this piece of ****.

Powerful closing from prosecution. Nothing from defense.

Thought I heard sniffling/crying in courtroom.

Thanks for the article Buf. I still want him segregated on death row

I want him to be given death because that is the only punishment that fits the crimes he did.

I want him to be locked away in a single cell so he cant boast to others about what all he did to Cherish.

I was appalled to see the other jail-mate ask him about Cherish's little bottom. He is a damn creep too, imo, and if left in general population he will have his own group of admirers who are pedophile creeps and offenders themselves.

Florida is NOT CA where they never execute anyone. I want him to know he is a dead man walking, and once dead he will be in the pits of Hell where he belongs.

IMO

Holy smokes defense waived closing.

That has to be some kind of a precedent?! (But probably has been done before.) What is the significance of that?

How long do you think the jury will be out and do they have to deliberate now on the DP, or do they just deliberate now on guilty or not guilty?

I tuned in late and was so confused as to why the judge started giving instructions after I only heard the closing argument of the prosecution. Glad you guys are filling in the blanks for me! I was really curious to hear how the defense would spin things but I guess there was just no way, thankfully.

A few questions....

1. Where did he actually rape and kill her? In his van? Or do they not actually know?
2. Was her DNA found on him or his clothing?
3. After they find him guilty (because they will)...what happens next? When do they decide on life or death?

I want him to be given death because that is the only punishment that fits the crimes he did.

I want him to be locked away in a single cell so he cant boast to others about what all he did to Cherish.

I was appalled to see the other jail-mate ask him about Cherish's little bottom. He is a damn creep too, imo, and if left in general population he will have his own group of admirers who are pedophile creeps and offenders themselves.

Florida is NOT CA where they never execute anyone. I want him to know he is a dead man walking, and once dead he will be in the pits of Hell where he belongs.

IMO

I think his greatest fear is LWOP and being housed in general population where anyone can get him.

That has to be some kind of a precedent?! (But probably has been done before.) What is the significance of that?

How long do you think the jury will be out and do they have to deliberate now on the DP, or do they just deliberate now on guilty or not guilty?

Great questions thanks for asking them. I don’t think there will be much deliberation.

Now all we need is for the jury to find Guilty verdict and sentence him to death and hope that he waives his right to appeals and goes straight to the gurney.

I think they'll be out long enough for all of them to pee and get a drink or snack, then take one vote and be back. 30 minutes max, probably quicker than that.

My understanding is there's a penalty phase after the verdict?

I'm so glad the defense gave no closing argument. I feel bad for both of those attorneys who clearly know there is no defense for this piece of ****.

I don't remember at the moment the defense never giving a closing but what could they possibly say to make any difference? Nothing. However; it does bother me that he may use this on an appeal which makes me hope he is the one who told them to not do a CA. If that is the case, the defense will have that on the record.

I think the reason there was trial anyway was so the defendant could get to relive what he had done to Cherish. He seems like so many other sociopaths who loves the limelight when its focusing on the hideous things they have done. He wanted to shock the jury and give them nightmares forever. It was all about control imo.

Joe Duncan even opted for a trial knowing full well the Feds had HIS video tape where he videoed the entire weeks long horrific abuses he did to Shasta and Dylan including videoing the murder of Dylan.

IMO

IMO

I'm in total agreement with your post. Some assume that inmates punish child killers. Very rarely does that happen. The child killers and rapists often hang together and enjoy hearing about each other's crimes. He needs to be in a small cage alone until he is put to death.

My thoughts: State put on a strong case. The evidence and witness testimony was powerful. There was nothing the Defense could say without inciting the jury.

I can only add that Smith knew he had no chance of being set free, but wanted the thrill of a trial. Sounds odd to you and me, but this evil person finds pleasure from other's pain.

I think verdict will be swift.

\

There must be a "Cliff Notes" version of those jury instructions. (So tedious -- he's guilty -- no need to split hairs over it!)

I think they'll be out long enough for all of them to pee and get a drink or snack, then take one vote and be back. 30 minutes max, probably quicker than that.

My understanding is there's a penalty phase after the verdict?

Thanks, TT -- I so want you to be right!

I don't remember at the moment the defense never giving a closing but what could they possibly say to make any difference? Nothing. However; it does bother me that he may use this on an appeal which makes me hope he is the one who told them to not do a CA. If that is the case, the defense will have that on the record.

I think the reason there was trial anyway was so the defendant could get to relive what he had done to Cherish. He seems like so many other sociopaths who loves the limelight when its focusing on the hideous things they have done. He wanted to shock the jury and give them nightmares forever. It was all about control imo.

Joe Duncan even opted for a trial knowing full well the Feds had HIS video tape where he videoed the entire weeks long horrific abuses he did to Shasta and Dylan including videoing the murder of Dylan.

IMO

I can't help but think that the judge should have asked Smith if he was in agreement with the waiver of closing argument so that it would have been recorded in trial record.

In some courses years ago, I was taught:

"In retrospect how could this act or crime have been prevented?"
I find myself reflecting on this now.

My thoughts: State put on a strong case. The evidence and witness testimony was powerful. There was nothing the Defense could say without inciting the jury.

I can only add that Smith knew he had no chance of being set free, but wanted the thrill of a trial. Sounds odd to you and me, but this evil person finds pleasure from other's pain.

I think verdict will be swift.

\

That's the important lesson I have learned from this trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RN527